Like Tree55Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Where the ego's are so big, people's heads can't fit in the door
Trader Rating: 149 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Chedder if you remove those weights you will gain more side bite and less rotation..

Take um off if you wish for more traction..

Adding weight on the back help`s with forward bite but it also adds more weight on the transfer which = more steering....
well i appreciate the bit of info but again as i posted above i liked it better with it in
Old 06-21-2009, 11:44 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by chedda bob
well i appreciate the bit of info but again as i posted above i liked it better with it in
Hows this ?

less square or rotation & more side bite = less weight on rear

more forward bite and more rotation = more weight on rear

Just trying to help...

Not saying ones better than the other , just sharing with you what I`v learned...
Old 06-21-2009, 02:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i posted it a few pages back but here it is again.... the setup works great if you follow it to the T! just ask good ole Doug where it finished a few weeks ago

Front:

shocks: #2 piston, blue springs, 5 limiters, 35wt oil, middle hole on the tower, inside on the arm.

camber links: outside w/ 1 washer on the tower, inside on the hub. 2 bumpsteer washers and the spindles in the middle

Rear:

shocks: #1 piston, green springs, 2 limiters, 27.5wt oil, inside hole on the tower, inside on arm.

links: inside on u-brace w/ 1 washer, middle hole on hub, hubs middle, 2* anti squat

notes: b44 rear hubs, 4 degrees of total toe in rear via my steel 4* squat block, 1/4 oz in each rear pocket of chassis, lipo weighs 8oz... no extra weight in vehicle, anywhere! truck is all graphite w/ plastic chassis.
Hahah Just wait till Stateline! How come no nats for you? My setup is pretty similar...he does know what he is talking about!!
Old 06-21-2009, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i posted it a few pages back but here it is again.... the setup works great if you follow it to the T! just ask good ole Doug where it finished a few weeks ago

Front:

shocks: #2 piston, blue springs, 5 limiters, 35wt oil, middle hole on the tower, inside on the arm.

camber links: outside w/ 1 washer on the tower, inside on the hub. 2 bumpsteer washers and the spindles in the middle

Rear:

shocks: #1 piston, green springs, 2 limiters, 27.5wt oil, inside hole on the tower, inside on arm.

links: inside on u-brace w/ 1 washer, middle hole on hub, hubs middle, 2* anti squat

notes: b44 rear hubs, 4 degrees of total toe in rear via my steel 4* squat block, 1/4 oz in each rear pocket of chassis, lipo weighs 8oz... no extra weight in vehicle, anywhere! truck is all graphite w/ plastic chassis.
thnx chedda
Old 06-22-2009, 02:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Still not quiet happy with the B4, im losing time in the tight corners, even if i accelerate gently i get understeer. would adjusting the diff help?
Old 06-22-2009, 03:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtsb4
Still not quiet happy with the B4, im losing time in the tight corners, even if i accelerate gently i get understeer. would adjusting the diff help?
Ya, you can tighted the diff a touch to get the backend to break lose instead of grab and push. Moving the hubs back will help also.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Simply put, if ya can't drive a T4 with CB's setup in it, you are wasting your
time driving an r/c vehicle. Smooth high traction or blown out low traction, just drive in it hard and punch it back out, it'll stick.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:05 AM
Tech Legend

MTS

Usually the diff is never adjusted if it has been assemble correctly...
If your slipper is way tight , you can experience a on-power push...

Check the slipper ,
then if it is`nt to tight. Try a different set of ft tires ...
Old 06-22-2009, 10:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

You may also have too much droop in the front. If your shocks are too long, they'll allow more weight to transfer to the back of the car on acceleration. Do you have any limiters inside the front shocks?
Old 06-22-2009, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Diff setting should only be checked after a rebuild once it is seated in. One thing to try is a shorter rear camber link. I had a similar problem and this adjustment worked great! What holes are you using for your rear link now?
Old 06-22-2009, 04:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

chedda bob....can we see an actual picture of your front and rear shocks, pls?
Old 06-22-2009, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Where the ego's are so big, people's heads can't fit in the door
Trader Rating: 149 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GSRswapandslow
chedda bob....can we see an actual picture of your front and rear shocks, pls?
if the damn camera would turn on i would

what do you need to see bud? if your having problems shoot me a pm.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I don't suggest you mess with the diff. You should always run the diff as lose as possible without it slipping. There are other settings that you should try first. Are you getting into the hair pin at high speed or low speed? Is it a 180 hair pin?

Below are something you could try.

1) Change to 25 degree caster block, for low speed 180s.
2) Reduce your front shock down travel and increase the rear down travel. This would give you more steering in and out of corners.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Howdy

Hey guys, just got a b4 buggy, feigao 5070kv brushless motor, mamba max esc and running 5200mah and 4100mah lipos. does anyone have a definitive tuning guide? Im used to seting up 8th scales and i have heard that the 10th scale are very responsive to minor changes

My car is the rs with aluminum shock caps, all new ball cups, ds1015 servo aluminum rear hubs and cvds.

As for tires i have the following
losi x2000
Proline inside job
proline holeshots
evil twin's
and ribs in the front

...back on topic, is there any tuning guide for the t/b4 that states :If car does xxx, adjusting xxx should help resolve the problem?

I lost train of thought at around page 200...

Thanks
-Ben
Old 06-22-2009, 05:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

if the damn camera would turn on i would

what do you need to see bud? if your having problems shoot me a pm.

just kinda curious to see yours compared to mine, lol

i just got mine running, owned it almost a week...and have a total of 5 min run time due to the stupid plastic wheel nuts (i had no clue they were plastic). spun one off and lost the bearings!

new bearings, new 5/40 lock nuts (love mcmaster) and i just ran a whole pack. it's amazing how well it handles compared to my bl slash and my pede lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.