Search
Like Tree55Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zapmike
Looking for some advice for the B4. I had one of the local pros help me setup the car, so im perdy sure the car is good, thats not the problem. Problem is i just cant seem to get comfortable with the car, tires im running have tons of forward bite, but I always seem to over rotate the car through the corners, and when i want to get back on throttle the car gets squirly. I think ive come to the conclusion that i just have to change my driving style (I drive 1/8th scale offroad, and TC) A friend said i need to start setting up the corners sooner, but its easier said then done. Also, with the smaller indoor setting, it seems like its a bit harder to visually track the car sometimes ex. theres a single jump that leads up to a small double about 8 ft in front of the driver stand, I know the double is there but half the time i forget about the single lol. Just kinda throwin this post out there to see if anyone has some advice that will help me get faster and more confident with this car, and indoor offroad. Thanks in advance!
Sounds like the same problem I had after I switched over from Oval and touring- a non-linear trigger finger with the assumption of excessive traction. I was horrid for weeks, sometimes needing a marshall 2-3 times a lap!
Old 01-29-2008, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Adam, hahaha, .

The only problem I saw with the shocks that come apart are the snap ring machining is sub par. Some of the bodies are not cut all the way around, or not deep enough in spots. So it's important to look at the shock bottom after installing the clip to see that it is about 50% or more into the shock body.

I never have had a chance, but i'm thinking that another type of snap ring may be better as well. Rather then the cheapie bent wire, a real snap ring. I think Lowes has a section with an assortment that is pretty big. I'm going to check it out someday, LOL. A/E used to use real snap rings back in the 80's!

...Jim
W.E.D.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

what is the biggest maxamp lipo u can fit in a t4 and b4?
Old 01-29-2008, 07:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
Adam, hahaha, .

The only problem I saw with the shocks that come apart are the snap ring machining is sub par. Some of the bodies are not cut all the way around, or not deep enough in spots. So it's important to look at the shock bottom after installing the clip to see that it is about 50% or more into the shock body.

I never have had a chance, but i'm thinking that another type of snap ring may be better as well. Rather then the cheapie bent wire, a real snap ring. I think Lowes has a section with an assortment that is pretty big. I'm going to check it out someday, LOL. A/E used to use real snap rings back in the 80's!

...Jim
W.E.D.
MIP used them too on their hard body shocks....like the 2 sets of MIP shocks I have found digging through NOS at a few hobby shops
Old 01-31-2008, 01:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

any suggestions for pinion and spur for a sintered rotor 4.5 in a ft b4??

cheers,

Rob
Old 01-31-2008, 10:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ultraspeed84
what is the biggest maxamp lipo u can fit in a t4 and b4?
i've heard the Max 8k will fit with modifying and longer battery hold screws. I just put in a Max 6k with hard skin and it fits well. Still room for front to back adjustment and not too tight in the back on top of the battery. Baby Bear says "This battery is just right." LOLOLOL. Sorry, that was dumb.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well i got my order from a Main today and i ordered a JConcepts GT2 body. Evidently W.E.D Jim was messing with me or i did not make myself clear but i dont see how this is going to fit my T4. Oh well just give me something to paint up and maybe make a few bucks. Its been a long time since i sold a body though. Ken Griffey Jr was about my last client when he was a rookie in spring training when i worked at SRS!
Old 02-03-2008, 09:28 PM
Tech Rookie

I race on a pretty tight indoor track and cant seem to get my T4 to turn into the corners very good. I was wondering what different caster blocks or the inline steering may do? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dirtracer50
I race on a pretty tight indoor track and cant seem to get my T4 to turn into the corners very good. I was wondering what different caster blocks or the inline steering may do? Any help would be appreciated.
Make sure your diff is loosened enough.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:34 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dirtracer50
I believe 25 degree caster blocks come with the B4/T4's. You want to go with 30 degree caster blocks to get more overall steering for entry and exit. Running your front tires at 0 toe-in/out or even alittle toe'd out will give you more entry turn. Make sure your camber is about -1 degree all around usualy. See what the fast guys are running for tires in the front/back and see what foams they are running the in rear tires... most likey Bomb One grey firms. If not them, prolly proline 2-stages.

for indoor offroad high bite tracks, tires is 80% the battle.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Try lengthening your wheelbase at the rear hubs, that usually give me some extra steering.

How far forward are your batteries? What servo do you have? You may need to free up the rear end rather than trying to add steering to the front end. You could go to a harder spring and either heavier oil or a smaller piston.

The point about tires is bang on, if you're not running 'the fast tire' that the fast guys are running then you're going to be slower no matter how you setup the truck.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the replys, I will try the caster blocks for sure. I'm running the same tires as most other people panther switch 2.0 rear and losi 8 rib fronts. I'm not really slow compared to the other drivers in stock I've been first or second every race but I know it could be faster. I would like to step up to the mod class but not untill I can get this thing to turn better. Thanks for all the replys.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

well said...TIRES TIRES TIRES!
Old 02-04-2008, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Wow...usually the Losi Pink Taper Pins works the best for indoor tracks. I know that's what we run at Trackside.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

At Planet we run either pink taper pins or the Panther Switch. They're pretty much interchangeable.

Dirtracer50, have you thought of gluing your servo saver together. It works great if you don't hit walls.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.