Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree55Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 07:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Jim, I have always really liked JConcepts stuff, although my last experience with them left me a bit sour, and i as only wish i had your paint skills. One question for you guys running BL and Lipo. How much weight are you adding? I just weighed mine and i am only 1 oz. underweight. I did put the plastic chassis on and the GT2 front end so i am guessing that is where some of the weight is coming from but i really expected it to be a lot further under than that. Or are you guys quite a bit above the 60 oz minimum?
Old 01-19-2008, 08:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr.Mellow
-If you got you of the new kits(black box), the chassis should be the plastic one.

- The new kits have running change. The shock bodies(coatings) are being done by a different company. I'm not sure what car/truck that body relates to, but if there is problem with any of your kits, please call AE and explain. In MOST cases(if its related to quality), the problem will be handled. AE tries to make sure everyone is happy with thier purchase.
Hey Mr Mellow,

Are you sure that the new kits have plastic chassis?

What do you mean by "running change"? Are the shock shafts still unobtainium or are they the "gold" ones.

I'm thinking of buying a new kit.... It would be great if the new ones came with plastic chassis.

Thanks.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by paul123
Does anybody know if the novak brushless speed control (no fan XBR sport)fits under the standard b4 body, I cant seem to make it fit.
Hey Paul,

My GTB fits under fine without the fan, but I use a scoopless body. They have more clearance than the scooped version. (the scooped version is the one that comes with the kit).

I mount a smaller fan on the chassis with shoe-goo facing the esc.

What max-amps pack do you run? Were you getting through a whole day's racing on the one pack?

Cheers buddy,
W.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Yea i pushed the aluminum piece in the right side but for some reason 3 of the shock ends split. I love AE products i just found this to be weird.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LC
Had a big problem today blew out rear shocks 2 times this is a new FTT4 checked all plastic shock pieces and o rings no tears and all was still in shock . replaced all inside parts twice and blew out 1 in the main. Made sure no air in shocks and they were not overfilled. I have been running Assoc. products forever and never had this problems. Any ideas maybe shock bodies? I checked all shafts straight and smooth.
My FTB4 is only about 2 months or so old...and I had the exact same problem, I build them up perfect and they never had a problem for the first month or so of use, but then they started to develop problems and got so bad that a few times, like you said, they completely blew out on the bottom side, the 0-ring side....first lap, landing off the very first jump and I hear a slap followed by the rear end bouncing around and dumping over like crazy....

I ended up getting some old shock bodies off a friend and they're fine....

BUT, a friend of mine bought his FTB4 a week after me, and he's beginig to develop the same problems I was having in his rear shocks as well....I think there is some kind of a machining problem in these new kits...
Old 01-19-2008, 09:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B4Bandit
Hey Mr Mellow,

Are you sure that the new kits have plastic chassis?

What do you mean by "running change"? Are the shock shafts still unobtainium or are they the "gold" ones.

I'm thinking of buying a new kit.... It would be great if the new ones came with plastic chassis.

Thanks.
The new kits do have the plastic chassis
Old 01-19-2008, 11:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JeromeB
The new kits do have the plastic chassis
Awwww, thanks Jerrum

I saw in one of the posts that you ran your Orion til cut off. How long do you think you were running for? I'm keen to get some lipo-suction.

Have you bee practicing over the holidays? You cheeky little brat!!! I think I'm gonna get another B4 and do some mod class as well... maybe just use Yael's when she doesn't come out to race.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B4Bandit
Awwww, thanks Jerrum

I saw in one of the posts that you ran your Orion til cut off. How long do you think you were running for? I'm keen to get some lipo-suction.

Have you bee practicing over the holidays? You cheeky little brat!!! I think I'm gonna get another B4 and do some mod class as well... maybe just use Yael's when she doesn't come out to race.

No practice over the holidays for me I think you might beat me next meet...for once

I ran that Orion for about 47 mins until it cut off, which was 6.8v for some reason. But after about 25-30 mins my lap times started dropping noticebly without timing gear.

By the way I was thinking about getting a Novak 7.5 light motor to try mod, I think I still will but I enjoy the close racing in stock.
Old 01-20-2008, 04:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JeromeB
By the way I was thinking about getting a Novak 7.5 light motor to try mod, I think I still will but I enjoy the close racing in stock.
Ahh you're a good lad Jerrum.

I'll be strapping in my 7.5 for mod racing too. Don't know how well I'll do in mod though, coz I can barely wheel the B44 around at that speed
Old 01-20-2008, 08:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am looking at getting a new servo for me B4 and I was wondering if anyone has tried Associateds new xp servos. Thanks
Old 01-20-2008, 09:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

I read some where people are running 87/23 for 10.5. I cant get the motor back far enough to have a descent gear mesh. Are you guys modding the plate at all to do that or do i need to get a 81 or 84 tooth spur. i have not been to the track with it yet so i have been running it around the house full throttle and through the grass trying to get the temps up. I really think you could take the Peak/Orion BL down close to 9.0 to 1 and be ok.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bmanracing
I am looking at getting a new servo for me B4 and I was wondering if anyone has tried Associateds new xp servos. Thanks
I used the DS1015 in a 1/8th Truggy; never had a problem with it and it had more than ample torque and speed. For the B4 the DS1313 should work well.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:52 AM
LC
Tech Apprentice

I got new shock bodies today will see if this was the problem. I also put in new plastic parts hope this works. I will call assoc to see if they can help.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LC
I got new shock bodies today will see if this was the problem. I also put in new plastic parts hope this works. I will call assoc to see if they can help.
yeah i'm interested in what they say! I hope your new bodies work!
Old 01-20-2008, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mafiaracers
yeah i'm interested in what they say! I hope your new bodies work!
Same here....first time out yesterday with brand new kit and blew out 1 shock. LC rebuilt it for me and I was fine, but it is still kinda concerning....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.