Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Serpent 811E Buggy Thread >

Serpent 811E Buggy Thread

Like Tree1Likes

Serpent 811E Buggy Thread

Reply

Old 11-26-2011, 08:13 PM
  #766  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (94)
 
teeforb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego & Compton CA
Posts: 7,258
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by moth898 View Post
Stupid question but I have to ask. I only know brushless motor ratings by turns, I have no idea how kv ratings work. Does anyone have a comparison chart and second, what are most of you running?

Thanks
Here u go!

teeforb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:17 PM
  #767  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (125)
 
spunkysandoval's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 2,674
Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Default

Wow, that is a really useful chart. Did you make that?
spunkysandoval is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:21 PM
  #768  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (94)
 
teeforb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego & Compton CA
Posts: 7,258
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by spunkysandoval View Post
Wow, that is a really useful chart. Did you make that?
No, it's somewhere on Tekin website.
teeforb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:44 AM
  #769  
Tech Elite
 
UK.hardcore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Belgium.
Posts: 2,218
Default

The Tekno chart is really usefull aswell.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/6780093-post6.html
UK.hardcore is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:17 AM
  #770  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Manchester
Posts: 162
Default

Im using the 2050kv motor on 4s
Captainlip is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:44 AM
  #771  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 378
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by teeforb View Post
Here u go!

moth898 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:07 AM
  #772  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (148)
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,522
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

I ran my e buggy a local club race yesterday and it felt very good on the track. The e car actually felt more planted and stable on the track than my nitro did. Now if i can only learn to not ovee jump hahaha. This is a great car
Frank L is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:53 AM
  #773  
Tech Champion
 
Pulse_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 5,081
Default



You can use a 1700kv in 4S or a 1400kv on 5S too on smaller tracks or to have a very smooth setup. Most of 1/8 e-buggies are way overpowered IMO
I use 1400kv 6S outdoor and the same motor in 5S for indoor and it's just perfect, everything runs cool
Pulse_ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:17 PM
  #774  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Manchester
Posts: 162
Default

I know Ive asked this but didnt get a reply,

is there a shock spring chart? and which springs come with the kit?

edit -

found it on the setup sheets.

pink front white rear.

im going to order two sets of various springs to play with on different surfaces.

what other option parts are recommended?

ankerman plate? different anti squat plate? roll bars? diff oils?

any tips would help.

Last edited by Captainlip; 11-27-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Captainlip is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:48 PM
  #775  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 378
Default

Originally Posted by Captainlip View Post
I know Ive asked this but didnt get a reply,

is there a shock spring chart? and which springs come with the kit?

edit -

found it on the setup sheets.

pink front white rear.

im going to order two sets of various springs to play with on different surfaces.

what other option parts are recommended?

ankerman plate? different anti squat plate? roll bars? diff oils?

any tips would help.
pinks come with the kit

there is no chart I know of

#2 ackerman plate is a liked option

40 front 30 rear oils with 1.4 hole piston-Purple front blue rear is a real good starting point.

0-0 inserts up front. 4 up- 6 in inserts in the rear.

5000-5000-3000 oils in the difs

my car is stable as heck with this set-up. This is a very good starting point for the nitro version, I imagine it can't be that different for the e-version, its what I'm building my e-with.

keep a eye on the serpent site, they always have a couple of team drivers posting setups. I'll be at the clash in florida, hopfully I'll get a chance to speak to Billy Easton. If I get any set up advice I'll post it up here.
moth898 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:55 PM
  #776  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (125)
 
spunkysandoval's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 2,674
Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Default

This buggy is so sick! Im torn right now. I dont know if I should build my nee rc8b.2e or feturn it and get the 811e. I am going to run a 1400 tekin and could get away with running two 3s 1300 40c packs in series for local club races. That would be really light and still able to do 7 minute mains. I could run the same setup in the .2e but it would require some custom work.

Post up some driving feedback to convinve me
spunkysandoval is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:59 PM
  #777  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Manchester
Posts: 162
Default

Originally Posted by moth898 View Post
pinks come with the kit

there is no chart I know of

#2 ackerman plate is a liked option

40 front 30 rear oils with 1.4 hole piston-Purple front blue rear is a real good starting point.

0-0 inserts up front. 4 up- 6 in inserts in the rear.

5000-5000-3000 oils in the difs

my car is stable as heck with this set-up. This is a very good starting point for the nitro version, I imagine it can't be that different for the e-version, its what I'm building my e-with.

keep a eye on the serpent site, they always have a couple of team drivers posting setups. I'll be at the clash in florida, hopfully I'll get a chance to speak to Billy Easton. If I get any set up advice I'll post it up here.
Thanks for that!

Out of what you just mentioned whats an option part that I will need, I know the #2 ankerman plate is but what else wont come in the kit?

Finally what oils come in the kit?

I have 7500k 12500k and some durango 250ct and 300ct so may need to buy some if they arent in the kit.

thanks.
Captainlip is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:03 PM
  #778  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 378
Default

Originally Posted by Captainlip View Post
Thanks for that!

Out of what you just mentioned whats an option part that I will need, I know the #2 ankerman plate is but what else wont come in the kit?

Finally what oils come in the kit?

I have 7500k 12500k and some durango 250ct and 300ct so may need to buy some if they arent in the kit.

thanks.
It comes with the diff and shock oils, 7000 5000 3000 diff oils. I didn't bother with the shock oils, I always use losi oil.

the car flies out of the box, the arms don't brake easy at all. I bought the aluminium front and rear knuckes but I'm not for the E. There have been a issue with the bearings, buy a complete set or two from avid, they are 20 dollars the set. The car is the best out there....period
moth898 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:22 PM
  #779  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Manchester
Posts: 162
Default

Originally Posted by moth898 View Post
It comes with the diff and shock oils, 7000 5000 3000 diff oils. I didn't bother with the shock oils, I always use losi oil.

the car flies out of the box, the arms don't brake easy at all. I bought the aluminium front and rear knuckes but I'm not for the E. There have been a issue with the bearings, buy a complete set or two from avid, they are 20 dollars the set. The car is the best out there....period
thats not a problem as I supply bearings

have I read it right that serpent dont even supply wheel rims?
Captainlip is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:46 PM
  #780  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (148)
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,522
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by spunkysandoval View Post
This buggy is so sick! Im torn right now. I dont know if I should build my nee rc8b.2e or feturn it and get the 811e. I am going to run a 1400 tekin and could get away with running two 3s 1300 40c packs in series for local club races. That would be really light and still able to do 7 minute mains. I could run the same setup in the .2e but it would require some custom work.

Post up some driving feedback to convinve me
My nitro buggy is my fav nitro buggy to date and yesterday I was able to roll 2 more laps with the e car than with the nitro and Im a itro guy. That never happens. The serpent e buggy is a great car with tons of crazy new tech. Way to raise the bar serpent


Originally Posted by Captainlip View Post
thats not a problem as I supply bearings

have I read it right that serpent dont even supply wheel rims?
That's right. You can't tell me you don't have a cabinet or 2 or 3 full of used tires. Kit tires are usually for street testing anyway. I never even used the rims that came with the Durango. It's like the L allen wrenches that come in a kit... Worthless

Last edited by Frank L; 11-27-2011 at 04:27 PM.
Frank L is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service