Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 05:32 PM

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnbugman
coyote slash is a moron!!! He is always piggybacking mantis on this forum and now he has the nerve to start schooling people on here like he knows something about some complete strangers product and how its best used!! Typical know it all!! Good luck jack of all nothing!!

Really?
Old 01-14-2012, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

coyote slash is a moron!!! He is always piggybacking mantis on this forum and now he has the nerve to start schooling people on here like he knows something about some complete strangers product and how its best used!! Typical know it all!! Good luck jack of all nothing!!
Please tell me someone got drunk and stole your account... that was totally uncalled for...
Old 01-14-2012, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evil Genius jr.
Yeah, I don't know when it happened though. A rear dog bone was also bent.
Check your arms and see if they are warped...the added friction and pressure of warped arms could possibly have heated the metal enough and applied enough pressure to bend it this way over time. I had a heck of a time pulling one of my pins out during my last full teardown, and it was because the arms were so badly warped. My pin was still good, but I could see this happening over time as well as from a one-time impact...
Old 01-14-2012, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

Wow where did this come from???????????
Old 01-14-2012, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chad Smith
Wow where did this come from???????????
Old 01-14-2012, 05:53 PM

I would like to apologize for my "accused" disrespect for RCSHOX Dualstage Pistons

I stated in a setup comment I was going to run 30/25 instead of the suggestion 25/20 because of the track I run at I like to have a little thicker than suggested (This applies to Proline Powerstrokes, Traxxas, 4x4 FT Shocks, etc). I stated this in my own opinion of what I as a driver, Like.

This is and was in no way an attack at Mantis for his extensive knowledge into his product and his suggestion of 25/20. He knows what works, It would have worked for me. My opinion does not and should not have affected him in 'any' way whatsoever. I honestly have no idea how it could have.

I will try to avoid 'piggybacking?' Mantis in the future, and will advise myself that even though I have put time (page 50) into this thread, putting up guides, building cheap chassis braces... That I am not allowed to have a 'wrong' opinion.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CoyoteSlash
I would like to apologize for my "accused" disrespect for RCSHOX Dualstage Pistons

I stated in a setup comment I was going to run 30/25 instead of the suggestion 25/20 because of the track I run at I like to have a little thicker than suggested (This applies to Proline Powerstrokes, Traxxas, 4x4 FT Shocks, etc). I stated this in my own opinion of what I as a driver, Like.

This is and was in no way an attack at Mantis for his extensive knowledge into his product and his suggestion of 25/20. He knows what works, It would have worked for me. My opinion does not and should not have affected him in 'any' way whatsoever. I honestly have no idea how it could have.

I will try to avoid 'piggybacking?' Mantis in the future, and will advise myself that even though I have put time (page 50) into this thread, putting up
guides, building cheap chassis braces... That I am not allowed to have a
'wrong' opinion.
Your good man, you've helped out many people.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I will try to avoid 'piggybacking?' Mantis in the future, and will advise myself that even though I have put time (page 50) into this thread, putting up guides, building cheap chassis braces... That I am not allowed to have a 'wrong' opinion.
I don't see any reason to apologize. I've been reading and watching this thread for some time and learned a lot from Mantis and yourself, nothing wrong with differing opinions. That's why we do this, were all trying to build a better mouse trap, so please continue to support this thread as I enjoy the read and ideas expressed in it. :
Old 01-14-2012, 06:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by boborc
just ordered my sc10 4x4 confused between a hovac pro 4.5 or a castle MMP with a nue 1410 what is the thing to get here???? any other suggestions one track small and tight the other med to large in size
Go with the Novak Bob .
Old 01-14-2012, 06:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlueGlowBoy
Please tell me someone got drunk and stole your account... that was totally uncalled for...
+1
Old 01-14-2012, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by boborc
just ordered my sc10 4x4 confused between a hovac pro 4.5 or a castle MMP with a nue 1410 what is the thing to get here???? any other suggestions one track small and tight the other med to large in size
Those two are hard to compare. The 'castle' to compare with that Novak is the Castle Mamba Max Pro SCT 550.

There are tons of motors already listed at nausea here. The 550 vs 540 thing is reliant on some simple research to decide what's best for you.

Motor Examples that Work for guys:
Tekin Pro 4 540(sensored)
Tekin SC4X4 550(sensored)

REEDY Sonic 540(sensored)
REEDY Sonic 550(sensored)

Castle 1410 540(sensoreless)
Castle 1415 550(sensoreless)

Make sure you don't get a dinky Speedo. (that Castle 1410 Sidewinder Speedo is considered a "dinky" speedo. It needs at least the fan ziptied onto the top of it to suffice.)

Most people started with the Castle 1410 then migrated over to a Sensored Pro 4 from Tekin. If you're looking for gearing on the motor you pick, please use the search option on the top of the thread. (I just did that last night for my Pro 4.)
Old 01-14-2012, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 227 (100%+)
Default RC Shox order

Marcus, when will your second round of center diffs be completed as I'm ready to place an order, along with dual stage pistons.

I have a question: Should I be running a pinned top shaft with your center dif?. Currently I only run the basket and exotec chassis with saddles. I'll be running some indoor with this setup but mosty running outdoor. Will that 25/20 shock setup be pretty universal? Also, do you have any videos running on a true 1/8th track as the ones you posted seemed to be in rather flat layouts? This is my track that will be racing at during her summer season:

Looking forward to trying our your newest creation!
Old 01-14-2012, 06:42 PM

Anyone know why I have to give my Brand new Pro 4 a push start to get it to spin in the Truck. (sensor scrub)

Edit: Think I figured it out.

Last edited by CoyoteSlash; 01-14-2012 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Edit: Think I figured it out.
Do tell!

Has anyone tried these shock o rings yet?

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...ProdID=TLR5074

The TLR 22 travel limiters are also 3.5mm, and work perfect.

I broke something at the track today. The front lower spring bucket. I started shotgun on the field, ran the whole main on three wheels and somehow got second. My 6.5 540 motor only got to 110 degrees. I think it'll take more gear.

Last edited by CraigMBA; 01-14-2012 at 07:34 PM.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T-BirdJunkie
Not only are the boards built in the USA on Novak, Tekin and some Castle speedos, so are the Novak and Tekin motors.

Your statement about where things are NOT made would be just as ridiculous as ThunderbirdJunkie claiming that none of your stuff is made in the USA, and it's a terribly dangerous mindset to assume these things. Might as well say Coke cans are not made in the USA, or you can't buy a Plano toolbox made in the USA, or Jeeps are not built in the USA.
hmmmmmmm
Attached Thumbnails SC10 4x4 Thread-huh.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.