Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 06:31 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Borik
I'm jumping the pro 4 ship. I have new ae ft sc10 4x4 with extras. Pm me if interested
Sorry to see ya go, but, it not uncommon with the SC10 4x4 depending on your track conditions. Best of luck!

Originally Posted by DaleW
I have a question for anyone that can answer. Im running the Castle 1410- 3800kv motor. 62spur 15pinion. I have to run 50% throttle because it's way to fast. What s/p would you guys say i need to slow this thing down? I run smaller tracks most indoor plus im just starting out.

Thanks
Drop down on your pinion size. Indoors with a Pro4 4000Kv motor, I was down to about an 11T pinion size the track was so small. Assuming your ESC has timing options, turn though down too.

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
Cherry, from the vids you've posted, your track is pretty damn smooth, and doesn't have any big jumps. What do you expect to gain from the bigger shocks?
+1 . I am assuming a more plush ride though overall? Curious to see if the gain is worth it on his conditions versus the extra weight of the shocks.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:24 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
Cherry, from the vids you've posted, your track is pretty damn smooth, and doesn't have any big jumps. What do you expect to gain from the bigger shocks?
Trcr current layout is rather tame and yes has only a couple small jumps .
We do build big jumps however , last course we had a jump when past 30ft in length & major big air .

Why am I going though all the trouble to install a larger bore shock system ?
Because even on a course such as the one we have now
a smooth landing is needed for consistent fast laps....

So my mission goal here ?

Is to improve the Sc10 4x4 landings and jumping abilities .
Old 11-21-2012, 07:30 AM
Tech Legend

and this hasn't been tested before like Shaun mentioned?
Old 11-21-2012, 09:04 AM
Tech Legend

16mm springs already on Bk's ride.....
Maybe bigger is better ?
Old 11-21-2012, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Yes trcr is technical, you have to downside every jump to go fast and that is very difficult with a bunch of trucks battling on a tight course, so if you are over shooting an landing on flat... These will help much. Plus the track is nearly hard as pavement
I saw the drop test last night... Looking very good
Old 11-21-2012, 11:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

hey, just wanted to see how many pins everyone is running for the v2 center diff on a medium to high bite, smooth clay track? It doesn't have a lot of big jumps and is a medium sized track. I'm thinking of going up to 7 pins to start and adjust from there. Thanks!
Old 11-21-2012, 12:35 PM
Tech Legend

I'd say 6 personally to start.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:46 PM
Tech Addict

Ran the coupled vs. the decoupled. The coupled seems to pull the truck harder out of turns. But I realized that it puts a lot of stress on the idler. After 2 runs I stripped the idler. Maybe the decoupled is easier on the truck? I run on a high bite indoor clay track. Not sure what's better to run. Gonna rip the truck apart today and start over.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I just ran my truck for the first time in about three weeks on the street (my poor tires). Same battery was in it from the main I finished three weeks ago. The truck was pulling wheelies like crazy, never has done that before. Before anyone asks, yes, ran on street with exact same setup many time, it just decided to pick up front end.

Not looking for answers but it was cool and kinda weird at the same time.

Hopefully racing on Saturday, if my son is feeling better.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by SC Shaun
Naw man. This is new. Not the drabble we've been going over for the last 6 months. I appreciate the R&D even if I don't agree with it. I just don't want to have the entire thread saturated in WC's drabble explaining it's superiority over and over in his Craplish speak. If he can spend 5 minutes thinking about what he's typing and type out a parts guide and anything needed to be known, we can quote it for the following 50 people who ask about it. You're all good.

(If you're wondering. I'm not an asshole. I just don't like him.)

I'm afraid to confront him with his "AE knows best" crap with modifying his truck for Triad and now BB shocks. Oh crap, just did.

At this point the only advantage i see to big bores on an indoor track is just the added weight on the far corners of the truck, this will aid in weight transfer.............

"The drop test" To this day i dont understand how comparing shocks by a drop test means much of anything. Do both shocks have the same oil and piston number/size?? way too many variables! Just sayin...

Also AVID approved TRIAD Garodisc are in the final testing procedures! AVID driver Smiley Henn will have them on his car next weekend!

Hey Cherry, how are YOU doin? LOL
Old 11-21-2012, 06:43 PM
Tech Legend

Default 16mm BB mod

1st pack done

fast lap 17.6(17.3 fastest ever)

ft shocks now •AE45w oil
Rear shock •Ae40w

removed 1oz ballast
Old 11-21-2012, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx

At this point the only advantage i see to big bores on an indoor track is just the added weight on the far corners of the truck, this will aid in weight transfer.............

"The drop test" To this day i dont understand how comparing shocks by a drop test means much of anything. Do both shocks have the same oil and piston number/size?? way too many variables! Just sayin...

Also AVID approved TRIAD Garodisc are in the final testing procedures! AVID driver Smiley Henn will have them on his car next weekend!

Hey Cherry, how are YOU doin? LOL

drop test.....
with the old shocks the chassis slapped the table (loudly)
with 1/8 shocks no slap on the table at all, just soaked it up

simple as that. dont know how it drove but it is more plush, that is for sure
Old 11-21-2012, 09:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Anyone running rpm arms?
Old 11-22-2012, 12:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ryanpatrickgore
drop test.....
with the old shocks the chassis slapped the table (loudly)
with 1/8 shocks no slap on the table at all, just soaked it up

simple as that. dont know how it drove but it is more plush, that is for sure
His point is a Car "never" Drops dead like the silly test implies. There is always forward movement causing a different reaction in physics. It bottoming out on the table from 12 inches does not mean it does it all over the track. It's a flawed test for true track reaction.

For the record: My truck doesn't Hardslap out from the "test")

Originally Posted by njnewc
Anyone running rpm arms?
Yes. Many.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:48 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by SC Shaun
His point is a Car "never" Drops dead like the silly test implies. There is always forward movement causing a different reaction in physics. It bottoming out on the table from 12 inches does not mean it does it all over the track. It's a flawed test for true track reaction.

For the record: My truck doesn't Hardslap out from the "test")
+1 . had the same thought that the drop test mattered in some way. After running the vehicle versus the drop test that didn't go as I thought it should, I learned my lesson. It came off as about as useful as gunning your vehicle while holding it in your hand to simulate actual track speed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.