Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 12:40 PM
Tech Legend

bone$

8mm mod raises the roll center

Helps control roll , fewer traction rolls...
Old 05-24-2012, 12:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10
You gain cool points with Wild Cherry LOL

You can never have to many Cool points!!!
Old 05-24-2012, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Has anyone tried or currently run the Viper 4pole either 550 or 540 unsensored setup? Due to unfortunate events with my Toro setup for my backup sc10 and poor customer service (will not name names) I am looking into getting another setup for a cheap price.............Also thinking about the brushless hobbies 120a esc and possibly the tenshock 411, any thoughts on this combo as well?
Old 05-24-2012, 02:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by ilanstylz
Has anyone tried or currently run the Viper 4pole either 550 or 540 unsensored setup? Due to unfortunate events with my Toro setup for my backup sc10 and poor customer service (will not name names) I am looking into getting another setup for a cheap price.............Also thinking about the brushless hobbies 120a esc and possibly the tenshock 411, any thoughts on this combo as well?
I am having excellent luck with Brushless hobbies right now and Stan is a hell of a guy. Most think that the ESC is just another clone but it is not Stan is an electrical engineer and although they are made in China he designs them and is continuously tweaking them. The Mitsubishi fets he uses are really smooth, I am even using them on my onroad cars now!
Old 05-24-2012, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
I am having excellent luck with Brushless hobbies right now and Stan is a hell of a guy. Most think that the ESC is just another clone but it is not Stan is an electrical engineer and although they are made in China he designs them and is continuously tweaking them. The Mitsubishi fets he uses are really smooth, I am even using them on my onroad cars now!
Sweet thanks Marcus, I have the 80a esc that I was thinking about using on my b4.1 (if I decide to keep it) so it looks like I'll be purchasing the Brushless Hobbies 120a esc and the tenshock sc411 motor...........Just wish I never went with the toro combo in the first place.....
Old 05-24-2012, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

What happened to it?
btw I will be shipping out that servo tomorrow.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Evil Genius jr.
What happened to it?
btw I will be shipping out that servo tomorrow.
I got the combo around the 1st of April, as soon as I installed it the esc was basically junk (wouldn't stay on etc)...... The program card didn't even work (would light up but couldn't change anything) and the only thing that was working right was the motor......... I've been in contact with the place I bought it from ever since and kept getting excuse after excuse (and they took forever just to respond), finally I just gave up and told them I wanted a full refund.... So the only good thing about it is that they are still honoring my refund even though its been this long.......

Oh and if my cousin lets me use one of his saddle's for this weekend I'll ship your items out tomorrow or Saturday........
Old 05-24-2012, 03:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry

8mm mod raises the roll center

Helps control roll , fewer traction rolls...
I have a problem with my back end spinning around (I end up pointing the wrong way) when I get on the throttle leaving a turn. I think 97% of the problem is I need to learn throttle control, but I was hoping (from past posts) that the 8mm mod would help keep this from happening. But from this one liner it looks like it will make my problem worse.

All other things being equal (as if that exists) will raising the inner and outer rear camber links 8mm help reduce my spin outs? Or will it make things even worse? TIA
Old 05-24-2012, 03:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by drolmaeye
I have a problem with my back end spinning around (I end up pointing the wrong way) when I get on the throttle leaving a turn. I think 97% of the problem is I need to learn throttle control, but I was hoping (from past posts) that the 8mm mod would help keep this from happening. But from this one liner it looks like it will make my problem worse.

All other things being equal (as if that exists) will raising the inner and outer rear camber links 8mm help reduce my spin outs? Or will it make things even worse? TIA
you have other issues if it is that bad, the camber link may or may not help depending on your track conditions but it sounds to me like there is something else going on. Try tires first. post your setup.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:26 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by drolmaeye

Advise to have someone with experience test drive your ride ....

8mm mod does not help make more traction ...
Old 05-24-2012, 03:28 PM
Tech Addict

Sweet thanks Marcus, I have the 80a esc that I was thinking about using on my b4.1 (if I decide to keep it) so it looks like I'll be purchasing the Brushless Hobbies 120a esc and the tenshock sc411 motor...........Just wish I never went with the toro combo in the first place.....
Once u try that tenshock that pro 4 will be your backup motor
Old 05-24-2012, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Wow great find! That's a a real affordable price for the sensored/sensorless 120a esc. I am looking for a new esc to power up the Revtech 4XS 4800 4-pole motor I am using in another project. I mated the motor to my trusty MMP and after only about 4 speed runs in the front yard the motor temped at 103* but the MMP logged 125*. That's pretty hot for such a short run time. This same MMP never got past 110* even after 8-10min track runs with a Pro4 4000 in my SC10 4x4. Brushlesshobbies maybe an affordable option. Any thoughts of the BrushlessHobbies handling this Revtech?
Old 05-24-2012, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jamr1130
Wow great find! That's a a real affordable price for the sensored/sensorless 120a esc. I am looking for a new esc to power up the Revtech 4XS 4800 4-pole motor I am using in another project. I mated the motor to my trusty MMP and after only about 4 speed runs in the front yard the motor temped at 103* but the MMP logged 125*. That's pretty hot for such a short run time. This same MMP never got past 110* even after 8-10min track runs with a Pro4 4000 in my SC10 4x4. Brushlesshobbies maybe an affordable option. Any thoughts of the BrushlessHobbies handling this Revtech?
Never tried out the brushlesshobbies esc but I'm def. interested in how that 4xs runs, let me know how you like it prim.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Never tried out the brushlesshobbies esc but I'm def. interested in how that 4xs runs, let me know how you like it prim.
Shoots, I will definitely give my thoughts on the motor. But right now I am too scared of toasting my esc to get any real amount of track time on it. I have not tried it in the SC10 4x4 and the car I am running it on is much heavier. But from what I have tested this motor is fast and feels torquey. It has the potential to be a beast. But again it's just a few quick runs in front of the house.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:03 PM
lip
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey man,
I'll add my 2 cents for Hobbywing...they make great esc's (they also make Orion's esc's, passion's, some HBI's, etc...).
The new V3 is over priced (I bought one though) but it's great on the features side.
You can get a V2.1 120A for a bit over $100 now...I just picked up one of their motors (will use for 2WD buggy) which is sensored...we'll see how that works.

The brushless hobbies I cannot speak of...their programmers and even the units themselves look like knock-offs of others but perhaps Mantis is correct...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.