Just ordered some saddles!!!!!!
Old 02-20-2012, 06:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Resqnu
Mantis, trying to learn what does each of these adjustments do:
3-3 block
1mm under rear camber link
1notch shorter on rear camber (don't understand)
3-3 block, gives increased on power steering and a little rear rotation on entry.
does stiffen the rear up though so its not great on super rough tracks.

1mm under camber link and shorter link both increase entry rotation but also give more traction on exit.
With the center dif you need to adjust your driving style slightly , you can enter the turns much more aggressive without the fear of the back coming around on exit.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

3-3 block
3-3 block - more anti squat in rear (thanks cameron kellog)
1mm under inner camber link ballstud - lowers roll center slightly to get more roll or "lean" in corners
shorter rear camber link - move ballstud on rear hub carrier in one hole, shortens camber link, makes camber change greater when rolling, keeping tire contact patch in corner on outside rear wheel flatter in relation to ground

Last edited by hELllNino; 02-20-2012 at 06:26 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

3-3 block
Move the outer rear camber link to the inside hole on the rear hub. The 1mm goes under the inner camber link ball stud.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:17 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by hELllNino
3-3 block - more toe in on rear, makes car turn quicker
1mm under inner camber link ballstud - lowers roll center slightly to get more roll or "lean" in corners
shorter rear camber link - move ballstud on rear hub carrier in one hole, shortens camber link, makes camber change greater when rolling, keeping tire contact patch in corner on outside rear wheel flatter in relation to ground
3-3 is more anti-squat. The toe is the same for both blocks. 3 per side.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
3-3 block, 1mm under rear camber link, 1 notch shorter on the rear camber link. this allows you to rotate before the apex and will give you better drive on exit. I am now discovering that alot of this on power push is coming from the rotation of the motor........ more on this later.
Originally Posted by MantisWorx
3-3 block, gives increased on power steering and a little rear rotation on entry.
does stiffen the rear up though so its not great on super rough tracks.

1mm under camber link and shorter link both increase entry rotation but also give more traction on exit.
With the center dif you need to adjust your driving style slightly , you can enter the turns much more aggressive without the fear of the back coming around on exit.
Originally Posted by hELllNino
3-3 block - more toe in on rear, makes car turn quicker
Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg
Move the outer rear camber link to the inside hole on the rear hub. The 1mm goes under the inner camber link ball stud.
Thanks guys, explained very well.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

well, i feel kinda dumb now
Old 02-20-2012, 06:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

What does more or less anti-squat do? I'm searching but can't find why Im looking for.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 101 (98%+)
Default shocks

hey guys!!! i have a new factory team 4x4 kit and i wanted some opinions. First, i like the factory team shocks that came with the kit, but someone told me that the kyosho velvet shocks are better? first will they fit? and can someone confirm that they are better?
Old 02-20-2012, 06:53 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RahjahDat
hey guys!!! i have a new factory team 4x4 kit and i wanted some opinions. First, i like the factory team shocks that came with the kit, but someone told me that the kyosho velvet shocks are better? first will they fit? and can someone confirm that they are better?
Not on the 4w. The FT shocks are fine. You might like the RCShox pistons though.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:54 PM

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mizchief
If you can handle a slash 4x4 you should be fine, just get used to not needing as many spare parts
I never break anything on my Slash 4x4, other than "worn out" Drivelines. =P

Don't confuse "Factory Team" with "Team Kit"

Either way, everyone goes on and on about Kyosho shocks and Springs. My Factory team upgrades for the 4x4 are fantastic, rebuild fast and never leak. And they are silky smooth.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

What does more or less anti-squat do? I'm searching but can't find why Im looking for.
More anti-squat produces less rear traction on power by effectively increasing the rear spring rate in proportion to how much forward power is being applied.

The velvet shocks are better quality shocks compared to most, but they aren't big bore and that is more important with these heavy trucks.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

recently i bought my first rc.

i took the motor out for something and the next time i raced it was driving funny. i do not know where they came from or what they are but two peices had been wedged under the battery they looked like this
Attached Thumbnails SC10 4x4 Thread-img_20120220_164029.jpg  
Old 02-20-2012, 08:52 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by janga

i took the motor out for something and the next time i raced it was driving funny. i do not know where they came from or what they are but two peices had been wedged under the battery they looked like this
Those are from the outer CV joints. You are 3w drive right now.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:52 PM

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by janga

They're the CVA Pin and stud. Look at your Axle assembly on your manual, or the PFD on rc10.com and it'll be easy for ya.

Sc10 4x4 manual

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.