Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 05:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL
What size Rotor?
Matt Murphy (Murfdogg) is my motor guy so I don't worry about that stuff. He builds it I run it no questions asked. Both my SC10 4w motors have 12.5 rotors in them but they are his mod rotor's which I think are long stack rotors. (if that makes sense)

I can tell you that "I wish I had more motor" or "I don't think I can last a 10 minute main" have not been heard from me at the track. I just tune the chassis and keep it on the wheels the rest is done.

Race one or Chase one
Old 02-15-2012, 07:21 PM

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FastLapProducts
I see people on here all the time posting what they are building to sell. Why is it that they don't have their posts blocked? Just my 2 cents.

Billy
FYI: I posted based off opinions and requests from the thread. Not trying to sell anything, I had a Sig to PM me with info, and only show'd pics and a ballpark price if anything, to link to people in PM.

I have only ever sold for the benefit of these guys not having to deal with your Highway Robbery Chassis Brace. The Basket, and all the other stuff you make, at the end of the day; I could really care less about all those politics. The only thing you sell for a reasonable price, your labor included is the Pinned TopShaft and 'maybe' those sway bars (I have a better idea than most). Your Character and demeanor are of no concern to me, I'm sure you 'are' a good guy. But this is not Sunday Mass.
----------------------

~I went back down to PRCR again today. I'll be taking Video next time to get some opinions of how I can better this layout, I'm doing pretty well imo, but there was a losi there that was just solid, one mistake and I was boned.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:13 PM

Kody's Setup kinda weird's me out.

Anyone's thoughts? I'm willing to give it a go off my personal one, Although my ride is pretty slick. (video sunday for opinions)
Old 02-15-2012, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evil Genius jr.
Would that work?
yeah, it would work as well. but me personally, I did the conversion with my spare b44 parts because I like the AE blue parts
Old 02-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CoyoteSlash
FYI: I posted based off opinions and requests from the thread. Not trying to sell anything, I had a Sig to PM me with info, and only show'd pics and a ballpark price if anything, to link to people in PM.

I have only ever sold for the benefit of these guys not having to deal with your Highway Robbery Chassis Brace. The Basket, and all the other stuff you make, at the end of the day; I could really care less about all those politics. The only thing you sell for a reasonable price, your labor included is the Pinned TopShaft and 'maybe' those sway bars (I have a better idea than most). Your Character and demeanor are of no concern to me, I'm sure you 'are' a good guy. But this is not Sunday Mass.
----------------------

~I went back down to PRCR again today. I'll be taking Video next time to get some opinions of how I can better this layout, I'm doing pretty well imo, but there was a losi there that was just solid, one mistake and I was boned.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Kody's Setup kinda weird's me out.

Anyone's thoughts? I'm willing to give it a go off my personal one, Although my ride is pretty slick. (video sunday for opinions)
Kody's setup or Ryan/Ryan's, and in what way?
Old 02-15-2012, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
Kody's setup or Ryan/Ryan's, and in what way?
Kody's
Decoupled, with 10k Front diff fluid
The rear Shocks are different than any previous setup (only a notice, not stating that's bad)
Dinky 1.5 front sway
Battery moved forward, But then weight added in the rear.

And the Track is similar to PRCR (turns are a bit larger but only a bit) so I'm interested but reserved.

Last edited by CoyoteSlash; 02-15-2012 at 10:32 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1Fastpede
How big is your track and what is the surface like?
it would be considered a 'Big Indoor' Clay track.. Not the grippiest clays, but still good.. some locals say perfect size for 1/8E class.. you tube SDRC Raceway 2012..
Old 02-15-2012, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSherman
it would be considered a 'Big Indoor' Clay track.. Not the grippiest clays, but still good.. some locals say perfect size for 1/8E class.. you tube SDRC Raceway 2012..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_GJ6uoyCTQ

Wow that place is huge, that looks fun! You are very fortunate to have a track like that to race at.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:06 AM
Tech Addict

That track really isnt that big, its med size at best, u want to see a big indoor track check out leasure hours track in joiliet, il
Old 02-16-2012, 06:12 AM
Tech Elite

Honestly the SDRC indoor track looks larger, the Leisure Hours indoor track doesn't look that big.

Of course I've seen bigger outdoor, I just thought for indoor clay that SDRC one was nice.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

does anybody know where you can purchase the new vts4 slipper?
Old 02-16-2012, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

The rear Shocks are different than any previous setup (only a notice, not stating that's bad)
At the ROAR nats in Union City Kory ran the rear shocks that way. Makes it a little more stable off power. If you want it to rotate more getting in, you can add more rear droop.

The additional front droop is to make it turn center off.

No dig against Kory, but I watched the video, and IMO Ryan's truck was much better. He was gone on the first start, but the RD decided they needed to do it over and Cav got molested (bad) by a guy with a Losi before he got 10 feet off the grid.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by J-RO
does anybody know where you can purchase the new vts4 slipper?
You can try from AE directly, when I checked a couple of days ago none of the distributors had them yet. I'd assume you'll have to wait till the new FT truck drops before they get the option parts out.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
I watched the video, and IMO Ryan's truck was much better. He was gone on the first start, but the RD decided they needed to do it over and Cav got molested (bad) by a guy with a Losi before he got 10 feet off the grid.
Link?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.