Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 07:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rickybobbyxxx
Prob want the 120amp version, that tenshock will thermal a mmp in about 6 min, but then again the fan on its not working, i would say go with the best esc u can afford with this motor
I already have the 100a esc so that's why I posted it
Old 01-26-2012, 07:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by discgolferlee
I just don't want to order the 4600kv to have it be uncontrollable.
suppose gear down as well as radio adjustments should bring it down to managable....
I was testing a 6.5 viper 540 can and it was perfect for speed but could not get it to run cool at all.
going to be using this esc. 100a sensored.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=19687
talked to a couple guys who are running 550 motors on these and said they run good. maybe try and save pennies for a hobbywing pro sct 120a but not sure
You can run a 540 can motor in this truck but you need to add a yeahracing 30mm fan. Temps will not be an issue after that.

Last edited by Cameron Kellogg; 01-26-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I found out the Tekin Pro 4 4600 is a different wind than the 4000, it doesn't hit nearly as hard as the 4000 down the low and is easier to drive than the 4000. Not sure why Tekin did that so with that being said I think I'm keeping my 4600.

The 4600 isn't as wild as you think its smooth power that ramps up.

Can't wait for my truck to get here!
Old 01-26-2012, 07:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Cain
due people still like the trackstar oring setup?
Iuse them just in the front and all the fast guys that have driven say that the like the way it handles
Old 01-26-2012, 07:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10
I found out the Tekin Pro 4 4600 is a different wind than the 4000, it doesn't hit nearly as hard as the 4000 down the low and is easier to drive than the 4000. Not sure why Tekin did that so with that being said I think I'm keeping my 4600.

The 4600 isn't as wild as you think its smooth power that ramps up.

Can't wait for my truck to get here!
I was aware of the two different motor winds.

I drove the Pro4 4600 with an RX8 in a Losi and felt it would be over kill in the lighter SC10 4x4...at least for me. This was with 0 timing and 65% current limiting in the RX8.

I was tempted by the 4600 but chose to go with the 4K versioon and I am not disappointed. I run with torque control at 7 in the MMP and don't bring in the timing too early. It is very fast but linear all the way through the power band. If I brought the timing in too early or ran too tall in the gearing it would not be nearly as smooth.

Either way, they are both great motors and you can't go wrong with either one. You will just have to tune and gear them differently.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:03 PM

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

ALL CHASSIS BRACES WILL BE SHIPPED TOMORROW.

I'm very sorry, I finally got the parts thismorning. All are built and sitting here.

Again, guys, Thank you for your patience. I hope this doesn't happen again. >_<

~Shaun
Old 01-26-2012, 09:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default a differt thread that ties in

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...need-help.html

hey
My name's Scott Brickey. I am A disabled Iraq vet. Recently i found out that a great friend of mine was killed in Afghanistan. This was his third combat tour. 2 previously were in Iraq One of which i had the great chance of serving with. He was killed a few days after he received the Team Associated SC10 (his dream was the 4x4) i have been talking to his parents. and we want to do a memorial season for him. using his dream truck. i am currently registered for Psycho Nitro Blast and ams as well the truck will be raced locally and at other events. I need help. i have some things come up and i cant soley afford this project. was wondering how to apporch other companies to get the sponsorship of said items.
i need the basic spare parts load bodythe works im not trying to free load. he would have been starting racing this season and now cant. i would like to to call the project Bronze Heart ( he was awarded the Bronze Star with V device for valor and the Order of the Purple Heart) please help. this project will bring criedt to his family as well ( i hope) peice to me as to the fact his wish carried out(racing) and mine for the promis to the family. i just bit off more than i can handle.( money and parts wise) i can handle the rest i need a helping hand. his last build 2 days before he passed. please help
Old 01-26-2012, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg
You can run a 540 can motor in this truck but you need to add a yeahracing 30mm fan. Temps will not be an issue after that.

You don't say! There's no way that will work, it's the wrong color Yeah Racing Y180 fan.

I couldn't make 7 minutes (with the Novak fan) and not thermal when I ran this motor before. Now, it's like 117 or something ridiculous. Think I can gear up?

[funnyvoice]Thanks Cameron![/funnyvoice]
Old 01-26-2012, 09:29 PM

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drain Bamged SR
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...need-help.html

hey
My name's Scott Brickey. I am A disabled Iraq vet. Recently i found out that a great friend of mine was killed in Afghanistan. This was his third combat tour. 2 previously were in Iraq One of which i had the great chance of serving with. He was killed a few days after he received the Team Associated SC10 (his dream was the 4x4) i have been talking to his parents. and we want to do a memorial season for him. using his dream truck. i am currently registered for Psycho Nitro Blast and ams as well the truck will be raced locally and at other events. I need help. i have some things come up and i cant soley afford this project. was wondering how to apporch other companies to get the sponsorship of said items.
i need the basic spare parts load bodythe works im not trying to free load. he would have been starting racing this season and now cant. i would like to to call the project Bronze Heart ( he was awarded the Bronze Star with V device for valor and the Order of the Purple Heart) please help. this project will bring criedt to his family as well ( i hope) peice to me as to the fact his wish carried out(racing) and mine for the promis to the family. i just bit off more than i can handle.( money and parts wise) i can handle the rest i need a helping hand. his last build 2 days before he passed. please help
Hey Scott. Go to this thread.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...10-thread.html

That's the Sc10 2w Thread. They're going to help you. =)
Old 01-26-2012, 09:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

can't believe that little fan that far away makes much difference.. hmmm gets me thinking. also anyone running any clip on heatsink fan setups.something like this seems like it would be more effective
Old 01-26-2012, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by discgolferlee
can't believe that little fan that far away makes much difference.. hmmm gets me thinking. also anyone running any clip on heatsink fan setups.
That little fan isn't so little. It moves a GINORMOUS amount of air. You can feel the airflow with the body on about 18" behind the truck when you set it down on track.

Mine is off the BEC, Cameron runs his straight off the 8.4v lipo and reputedly sounds like a tornado.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
That little fan isn't so little. It moves a GINORMOUS amount of air. You can feel the airflow with the body on about 18" behind the truck when you set it down on track.

Mine is off the BEC, Cameron runs his straight off the 8.4v lipo and reputedly sounds like a tornado.
what size fan is it?? you guys got me thinking
Old 01-26-2012, 09:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

is this the fan. tornado fan
http://www.yeahracing.com/catalog/ya...nk-p-2398.html
Old 01-26-2012, 09:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys I'm selling my truck and all my parts. Take a look.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-4x4-sale.html
Old 01-26-2012, 11:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
You don't say! There's no way that will work, it's the wrong color Yeah Racing Y180 fan.

I couldn't make 7 minutes (with the Novak fan) and not thermal when I ran this motor before. Now, it's like 117 or something ridiculous. Think I can gear up?

[funnyvoice]Thanks Cameron![/funnyvoice]
Can't run my yeah fan like that bc of the Exotek chassis. It's on top of the motor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.