Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated Mini Truck!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 10:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (99%+)

Yes the Mamba will fit. Throw in a LiPo battery and hold on. The truck becomes stupid fast.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Default RC18T pauses 2 sec before reversing. Is this normal?

Hi,
I just received an almost new RC18T I bought on a forum. Admittedly I am an 1/8 scale buggy guy so bare with me I an electric illiterate. Anyway, when you are either going forward or not moving at all and you move the trigger on the transmitter to the reverse position it takes about 2 seconds before the car starts moving in reverse, is this how it is supposed to work? I expected it to immediately reverse the motor. When going in reverse or not moving and you move the trigger in the forward position the car moves immediately. I do happen to have an electric Stampede and it does not hesitate like this. If this is not normal please tell me what might be wrong with it or if I simply need to make an adjustment. Thanks a lot, Mike.
Old 01-16-2005, 04:16 PM
Tech Regular

yes, this is normal, as because the sudden reverse of an electric motor causes alot of arching which isnt good for a motor.
Old 01-16-2005, 04:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Cool, that makes sense. OK, now can you tell me what the two top adjusting knobs on the transmitter do. I read the instructions and it doesn't make sense to me. The lower ones are for the throttle and steering trim, easy enough, but the top ones are Throttle ATV (Adjustable Travel Volume), it says it lets you independently preset the maximum travel of the throttle servo on either side (high/low) of neutral. Is this for vehicles with an actual throttle servo like a gas car, etc.??? If so I would assume they do not apply to this vehicle. Thanks again to all, Mike.
Old 01-16-2005, 06:42 PM
Tech Master

yes those are mostly used for gas cars. you can use the high ATV to limit the top speed for younger drivers though
Old 01-22-2005, 08:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

In the March 2005 Issue of R/ C Car Action, on page 237, there is a FULL PAGE COLOR AD for the 1/18 Truck Nationals!!! The ad looks GREAT and should really get the word out about this race. Anyone who came last year knows how great the turnout was, and we did not do a single print ad. With the addition of this I'm sure that attendance will be HUGE and the competition will be GREAT!

Also, on page 151, we have a quarter page press release type of announcement about the race!!

Please feel free to email me or post any questions here...
Thanks
Dean
[email protected]
Old 01-22-2005, 06:18 PM

Originally posted by cartmen34

My thoughts exactly... so they think there is enough of a market to make a compeltely new class of car, but not enough market to make a 4wd electric car, which we've all been begging for for years?!?

Well, a company called JB CONCEPTS made a 4wd shaft driven buggy by taking a tc3/tc4 and extending teh arms, shocks etc.etc..its an awsome buggy......mostly all aluminum and carbon fibre parts....i think their website is

www.jbconcept.com

they are in the RC CAR ACTION MAGAZINE once though...saw it....the kit is like 400 dollars
Old 01-22-2005, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

I think you're talkin about the JConcepts BJ4?

www.jconcepts.net
Old 02-04-2005, 09:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default RC18T Diffs

I was racing my RC18T for the first time. And the night before I broke a rear outdrive so I didnt have rear wheel drive...that wasnt much of a problem. Didnt bother me much. But my thing is whenever I accelerate the car makes a horrible grinding sounds and sounds as if the drivetrain is straining terrible. I ordered a new outdrive and new gears in case one is stripped. Anyone had this problem or know how to prevent it again?

PS. Mabey its all those wheelies? The gears dont seem to like that...but i do!
Old 02-04-2005, 10:03 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by RC Buddah
Well, a company called JB CONCEPTS made a 4wd shaft driven buggy by taking a tc3/tc4 and extending teh arms, shocks etc.etc..its an awsome buggy......mostly all aluminum and carbon fibre parts....i think their website is

www.jbconcept.com

they are in the RC CAR ACTION MAGAZINE once though...saw it....the kit is like 400 dollars
it uses a tc3 transmission, its not based on a tc3.

maybe you are thinking of the TC3'O' conversion for the tc3 ??
Old 02-04-2005, 02:59 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Here is a picture of my 18T with a McAllister Racing late model body. Its powered by a 6800kv Mamba brushless system. Only thing I really broke on the truck was a stripped spur gear and the pinion gear in the transmission skipped but other than that, it's been a pretty good truck.

We race these on a banked clay oval.
Old 02-04-2005, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

wow.. is there any other bodies that cover the entire truck like that?? not just the oval style. but some cool neato bodies?
Old 02-06-2005, 09:42 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: RC18T Diffs

Originally posted by runnin rc10
I was racing my RC18T for the first time. And the night before I broke a rear outdrive so I didnt have rear wheel drive...that wasnt much of a problem. Didnt bother me much. But my thing is whenever I accelerate the car makes a horrible grinding sounds and sounds as if the drivetrain is straining terrible. I ordered a new outdrive and new gears in case one is stripped. Anyone had this problem or know how to prevent it again?

PS. Mabey its all those wheelies? The gears dont seem to like that...but i do!
actually we have ALOT of probs at the track stripping out the diff gears using mod motors or mambas. i just take it easy and stick to the mild mod motors. you can still win if you arent bouncing off the walls at every corner
Old 02-07-2005, 12:46 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by warpig
wow.. is there any other bodies that cover the entire truck like that?? not just the oval style. but some cool neato bodies?
None that I'm aware of.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Dog Bone Springs

After my First run of the 18 I took the top off and noticed a Dog bone laying in the bottom. I do not think that can happen from driving it. However I need a spring to put it back in and the
Dealer and Distributor don't seem to have any. Would any one
know how I can resolve this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.