Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

associated 12th scale springs work perfect
Old 02-09-2005, 12:57 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by warpig
associated 12th scale springs work perfect
Springs from the front of pan cars like warpig said, and even a piece of fuel tubing will work.

Anyone ever try an put in the 60 tooth spur in their 18T? I attemted but the gear rubbed the chassis and I think the top deck that surrounds the gear. I don't know if I want to cut on the chassis because of dirt getting up in the spur and cause problems.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

For the spring thing, I used a little piece of fuel line. Now about hte 60T there is a bottom chassis plate you must use along with teh 60T spur. Hope all this helps.
OH CVD's the upgrade to do right behind Ti. turnbuckles.
Just My $0.02
Stephen <><
Old 02-09-2005, 08:11 AM
Regional Moderator

well, you gonna leave me in suspense or you gonna tell me about that plate??? LOL
Old 02-09-2005, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by ImGoinRCn
Springs from the front of pan cars like warpig said, and even a piece of fuel tubing will work.

Anyone ever try an put in the 60 tooth spur in their 18T? I attemted but the gear rubbed the chassis and I think the top deck that surrounds the gear. I don't know if I want to cut on the chassis because of dirt getting up in the spur and cause problems.
You will need to purchase the 60t Spur Gear Chassis Plate. It is part #21078. It should not be rubbing the upper deck. The deck was designed to be used with EITHER the 55 or 60t spur.
Old 02-09-2005, 11:20 AM
Regional Moderator

it rubs somewhere, I thought it was on the chassis. Guess I'll have to order one...
Old 02-09-2005, 02:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Thanks

Thanks for the info.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anyone know of a way to keep the diff gears from stripping. I would eventually like to get brushless in it, but hate to be repairing diffs every week. Are they shimmed badly or something. Or is is the reverse?

edit: I just read that boiling gears may help prevent stripping. Do you guys think this would work.

Last edited by runnin rc10; 02-09-2005 at 07:02 PM.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:29 AM
Tech Elite

Now diff gears, if you are stripping them you are doing something wrong. I have the Mamba in mine with no stripped diff gears. Now as or spur gear yes I have stripped that but not Diff gears, I believe it to be people tring to wheelie the 18T....Not good on diff gears. That is why I love the Mamba's delay for reverse. Now I just found a way to stop the spur gear from getting stripped...
Well first let me say the 18T was well designed for a RTR but not a racer. I found that the chassis is way to flexable which inturn causes major chassis tweak especialy under extreme load from lets say a brushless...SO to end all the flex and the motor mount screws from inbeding them selfs in the chassis I bought the Carbon Fiber Chassis off Ebay.
Has a metal motor mount and has very little flex. Should be a great big improvment. It should arrive tommorow. I will let you all know. Oh and if you are sertain you are putting the diffs in correctly and you did read the instructions I would say change bevel gear first cause if you strip one gear the other is probably shot as well. Let me know if any of this helps.
Thanks,
Stephen <><
Old 02-10-2005, 07:14 AM
Regional Moderator

Stephen, I was going to make a chassis for my 18T because I would race it on a dirt oval only. I'd like to extend it a little so the late model body fit over it but not really for sure what I want to do. I know by lengthening it, I couldn't run the 4wd but to make it legal in the mini class, I'd prolly have to take out the front diff and dog bones to make it legal anyway. I haven't done a search on ebay for any aftermarket goodies in a few weeks so I guess it's time to do that..lol.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

hmm.. I race mine.. even against xray touring cars onroad.. I have yet to be beaten.. and it's a stock chassis.. I don't think it's that big of deal..

as for the bevel gears.. you have to shim them with an 8mm shim.. look on towerhobbies for a shim..

BTW.. why are you using reverse if you're racing?? If you're competitive with fast racers you shouldn't have to worry about reverse... I am doing it for fun.. not for a real challenge.. but to each his own
Old 02-10-2005, 07:27 AM
Regional Moderator

BTW Stephen, I couldn't find an aftermarket chassis for it at this time. All that was there was this aluminum chassis cover which I don't want.
Old 02-10-2005, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Check here for a new CF chassis on the market: http://holeshoteng.com/

I have one and will be testing it this weekend. Should work pretty good. I'll also be doing a review on it sometime next week to give you my impressions on it. I'll keep ya'll informed....
Old 02-10-2005, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

that chassis looks good all except for the large hole for the spur.. would you think there is enought clearance to cover that with lexan?
Old 02-11-2005, 04:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by warpig
that chassis looks good all except for the large hole for the spur.. would you think there is enought clearance to cover that with lexan?
If you look closely they have given you the three holes to mount the spur gear cover still. They had to leave it open becaus eif you change to the 60T you will have to change the spur gear cover. I will have mine probably this week. When I get it I will post my findings. I have already seen one but he just shows the car not realy drives it which never makes any sence.....DRIVE IT LIKE YOU BORROWED IT FROM YOU WORST ENEMY.....Just Kidding...
Hope this helps,
Stephen <><

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.