RC Insurance Poll

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC Insurance Poll

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

We need to change the title of the thread to Sarinexia and FTSC10 diss each other...come on guys this is pretty pathetic...On the idea of the isurance, i like it.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:49 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer53
We need to change the title of the thread to Sarinexia and FTSC10 diss each other...come on guys this is pretty pathetic...On the idea of the isurance, i like it.
Thanks I started the thread as a fun topic to talk about. Unfortunately you have a couple of knuckleheads that get all bent out of shape and are quick to condemn (e.g. - FTSC10 and Stu) I mean come on... Yeah, it's an interesting idea, but is there really a market out there for it? Probably not.

Although a few think it's interesting. You never know. Never did I say I wanted to start a business and write insurance on RC toys LOL! Find where I said that

Take this thread as people take this site as people take this hobby.

E N T E R T A I N I N G

Old 03-04-2011, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I'd be more interested in a liability coverage honestly. If my truck is destroyed or stolen you're out what maybe 1-2 thousand dollars at worse? Yes it's a lot, but compare that to if you injure someone with your truck and they sue!! I can assure you that it'd be several times the value of your truck easily
Old 03-04-2011, 08:15 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Originally Posted by stu22
I usually try to give people the benefit of the doubt but in this case I have to say you really are an idiot.

I addressed the issue of insuring loss and damage by providing you with a specific example of how my homeowners insurance covers the toy car collection.

You then try turning my remark about needing liability insurance to play with our toys as being silly into an issue about insuring losses, which I had already addressed, but you decided not to quote. Having to get insurance to cover liability while operating a RC car is dumb.

I would suggest you give up before you make yourself look even more foolish.

(Gotta wonder why I bothered posting this, he's probably not smart enough to get the point.)
x2 million!

Originally Posted by Dragrcr
Whenever you try and assert yourself by proclaiming the lack of intelligence of someone else, you only make yourself look foolish, and unintelligent.

I thinks it's a cool idea, and a intertaining topic.

Id be willing to buy something like this, I think damaged electronics should be out of the question, just theft, fire, flood or total loss due to things other than normal use, ie. A car drove over it or I left it on my roof and drove away.
you must like getting screwed over, you sound as intelligent as the OP.

Originally Posted by racer53
again, you must like getting screwed.

Originally Posted by Doxiedad
I'd be more interested in a liability coverage honestly. If my truck is destroyed or stolen you're out what maybe 1-2 thousand dollars at worse? Yes it's a lot, but compare that to if you injure someone with your truck and they sue!! I can assure you that it'd be several times the value of your truck easily
you must like getting screwed also...

If you injure someone with your RC truck, you're not going to get sued because of it, almost all tracks have a "not responsible for theft/damage and enter at own risk policy"

Some of you people seriously need a grip on reality.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FTSC10
x2 million!

If you injure someone with your RC truck, you're not going to get sued because of it, almost all tracks have a "not responsible for theft/damage and enter at own risk policy"

Wow, ur a smart feller. I wish I was keel lik yu aer.

I wonder if that would pass as a personal attack
Old 03-04-2011, 08:28 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dragrcr
Wow, ur a smart feller. I wish I was keel lik yu aer.

I wonder if that would pass as a personal attack
not quite, your reply needs more emotion!

But thanks, i do consider my self a smart feller...im not the one talking about, nor considering insuring my RCcar....just assssssssssssssking to get bent over and railed!
Old 03-04-2011, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Doxiedad
Talk to your agent, an umbrella policy would actually cover this..

Originally Posted by FTSC10
x2 million!

Well.....at the track, not likely to be an issue, even though a good lawyer will wipe his a$$ with any waiver people may sign. I would have to say that if you take your HPI B5 and hit the old blue hair standing at the bus stop at 50mph and bust her hip in half. Her a-hole lawyer son might just take you to court..
Old 03-04-2011, 10:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I don't see what's so ridiculous about wanting your RC investments covered on your homeowners insurance. That's what homeowners insurance is for, to protect you financially in the event your home and/or possessions are destroyed. I think liability insurance for inuring someone is a stretch, but I don't see how insuring the RC stuff against loss is any different than any other stuff like home electronics or major appliances?

FTSC10: Do you have homeowners insurance? If so, what items in your home are covered?

I'd really like to hear a good, logical reason for your opinion, rather than "because it's dumb" repeated ad nauseam.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:47 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by racer1812
Talk to your agent, an umbrella policy would actually cover this..

Well.....at the track, not likely to be an issue, even though a good lawyer will wipe his a$$ with any waiver people may sign. I would have to say that if you take your HPI B5 and hit the old blue hair standing at the bus stop at 50mph and bust her hip in half. Her a-hole lawyer son might just take you to court..
i broke a neighbor's kids uncle in half because he stepped in front of my slash while i was doing 60+ speed runs...absolutely nothing happened. i felt bad for what happened, but im not going to be held liable for someone who doesnt know enough to NOT jump in front of something going that fast, i can remember when i was WAY younger, standing on the sidewalk watching my neighbors play with r/c cars, i knew better then to get in their way! and my parents taught me well enough to have manners and such.

you describe wreckless endangerment, which would deserve to be punishable by law/lawsuit.

Originally Posted by simplechamp
I don't see what's so ridiculous about wanting your RC investments covered on your homeowners insurance. That's what homeowners insurance is for, to protect you financially in the event your home and/or possessions are destroyed. I think liability insurance for inuring someone is a stretch, but I don't see how insuring the RC stuff against loss is any different than any other stuff like home electronics or major appliances?

FTSC10: Do you have homeowners insurance? If so, what items in your home are covered?

I'd really like to hear a good, logical reason for your opinion, rather than "because it's dumb" repeated ad nauseam.
Yes i have it, i have my real vehicles covered to the full extent, household electronics etc etc, and flood/fire coverage.

providing receipts/pictures is enough to cover the majority of the extras i own, this is why i keep any and all receipts over a hundred or two, in the lockbox firesafe. but then again, i have probably close to 20-30k worth of RC vehicles, and almost 70 rc's in total. a good majority of those arent replaceable, as some are super rare, and vintage, they couldnt be replaced if i tried.

what he is proposing, is collision/comprehensive, which is so downright stupid, i cant beleive its being talked about.

Maybe id need uninsured motorists coverage for that slacker at the track who wont insure his stuff? LMAO.

what you are talking about, are completely different things
Old 03-04-2011, 10:50 PM
Super Moderator

Simplechamp, I think you might have missed the histerical parts of this thead, those being someone wanting to have collision insurance on a R/C car. Most will agree that covering thousands worth of R/C stuff under your homeowners policy is a good idea it just takes a little more work being that most companies will want you to varify the cost of what you're covering. Theft is the big one as far as that goes. If you can't verify what was stolen it's hard to get your money. With a lighning stike on your $2000 TV it's easy, it's still in the living room.

I will say this is one of the dumbest threads we've had in awhile, but it's funny..
Old 03-04-2011, 10:53 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by racer1812
Simplechamp, I think you might have missed the histerical parts of this thead, those being someone wanting to have collision insurance on a R/C car. Most will agree that covering thousands worth of R/C stuff under your homeowners policy is a good idea it just takes a little more work being that most companies will want you to varify the cost of what you're covering. Theft is the big one as far as that goes. If you can't verify what was stolen it's hard to get your money. With a lighning stike on your $2000 TV it's easy, it's still in the living room.

I will say this is one of the dumbest threads we've had in a while, but it's funny..
i agree, ive had much laughs from this thread all day long hahaha!

id feel like such a tool if i called my insurance adjuster and needed to file a claim over a busted suspension arm...
Old 03-04-2011, 10:55 PM
Super Moderator

FTSC10, I agree, blue hair jumps in the road and I smoke her with my truck, full size or otherwise it's her fault. I jump the curb with my truck, full size, R/C, drunk, sober or otherwise... my fault.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

OK, well the collision insurance for RC doesn't make sense.

Honestly I didn't bother to read most of the thread because it turned into people being childish, insulting each other, and even arguing/boasting about age and RC experience...
Old 03-04-2011, 11:04 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by simplechamp
OK, well the collision insurance for RC doesn't make sense.

Honestly I didn't bother to read most of the thread because it turned into people being childish, insulting each other, and even arguing/boasting about age and RC experience...
side note, i only did it for entertainment purposes...was a boring day today hahaha.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:09 PM
Super Moderator

I'll say for my first 1-2 posts in this thread I for some unknown reason thought this was an insurance salesman testing the waters for some goofy reason....then things went way wrong... entertainment value has been priceless though..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.