ideas?
Old 06-21-2011, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UK.hardcore
this thing cogs bad.

RX8 DESC410R 54/13.

ideas?
On my 'rango with HW SC8/4600 it only cogs after slow rolling from a stop after that it's like any other BL motor.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nytryder
Mc...thanks for hooking me up with the motor. Saw it's already shipped and on its way.

The ssclcg chassis has been out for a couple months already with excellent reviews. There is another brand chassis due out in a couple weeks, and rumor has it that there's a 3rd manufacturer that's going to release a lcg chassis for the slash 4x4 soon too. Good news for slash 4x owners, and good news for aftermarket vendors like yourself.
I am aware of the SSCLCG and TRCE offerings. Who is this third manufacturer you speak of?
Old 06-21-2011, 10:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'll post in another thread as soon as I get more info on it as I wasn't given any real details about it. The current 2 offerings will be very hard to beat IMHO. Back to TENSHOCK motors!!
Old 06-21-2011, 10:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UK.hardcore
this thing cogs bad.

RX8 DESC410R 54/13.

ideas?
I run an RX8 as well, and cogging is nonexistant at race speeds, only at the slowest of crawls.

2 things could be the issue. The Tenshock pulls a lot of amps, depending on your servo and RX, you could be having issues with the BEC keeping enough amps to your RX. You could try using a glitchcuster, or just running jumper wires from the battery straight to the rx (assuming 2s batteries, and disconnect red wire from esc to rx), and see if that fixes the issue. You can then use an external BEC or continue running direct power of that fixes the issue. Personally, I run direct power in all my vehicles.

Secondly, some older firmware doesn't run nonsensored as smoothly as the newest versions. Use the hotwire, and update everything. I run with all driving aids turned off on the esc and zero timing advance.

Between those two things, one of them should help you out. You will have some cogging at very slow speeds, but you shouldn't have anything noticeable unless you are going from a complete stop and very slow.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Anyone try the 5200 kV in a SC10 4x4? What gearing and what temps are you seeing?
Old 06-23-2011, 10:06 PM
Tech Regular

Anything new with this? Does the extra length put this against ROAR rules? Not that I will be running any ROAR events but an added bonus would be if it was legal. I am just greatful it's out of stock as I am a weak man...
Old 06-23-2011, 10:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Buzz3
Anything new with this? Does the extra length put this against ROAR rules? Not that I will be running any ROAR events but an added bonus would be if it was legal. I am just greatful it's out of stock as I am a weak man...
There's no such thing as a ROAR legal 4 pole. Who knows what all 550 can 2 pole motors are legal unless you tear it all apart and make sure it fits specs. Some, all, none, who knows. 4 pole is the way of the future for sure, and like normal, ROAR is years behind the times.

I wouldn't hold back, the Tenshock line of motors is awesome, and CKhobby is a great hobbyshop to buy from
Old 06-23-2011, 10:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ridley
There's no such thing as a ROAR legal 4 pole. Who knows what all 550 can 2 pole motors are legal unless you tear it all apart and make sure it fits specs. Some, all, none, who knows. 4 pole is the way of the future for sure, and like normal, ROAR is years behind the times.

I wouldn't hold back, the Tenshock line of motors is awesome, and CKhobby is a great hobbyshop to buy from
I will bold red the interesting part of this lifted quote.

Originally Posted by SteveP
I don't even know where to begin with this, other than to roll my eyes and just chalk it up to scourge that is the internet, and the grossly misinformed that populate it. Perhaps this is a good example to highlight why it's good, whenever there's a question in your mind, to get a little more information before making any ridiculous comments about how ROAR is in anyone's pocket because of any rule clarification.

1) 550 motor are being added to the rulebook because YOU asked for it.

2) Nothing in this addition to the rulebook says that the 540 4-pole motors are not allowed. This is about 550 motors and ONLY 550 motors.

3) 540 4-pole motors have always been legal in 4x4 Short Course, and will always be for the foreseeable future.

I'm not in the habit of posting the entire rulebook with each addition to it, but it appears that might be necessary to avoid the personal attacks and completely thoughtless accusations. Thanks for being such GREAT supporters. The whole purpose for approving 550 motors and creating a standard was at your request AND FOR YOUR BENEFIT. It seems that no matter what I or ROAR does, there's always an angle that some of you want to play to try and make a big deal out of nothing.
My guess is you know more about the specs and whether they meet the details but my interpretation from this is they're legal. My only question is whether the longer Tenshock meets it at this time. Thanks for your reply Ridley.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Buzz3
I will bold red the interesting part of this lifted quote.

My guess is you know more about the specs and whether they meet the details but my interpretation from this is they're legal. My only question is whether the longer Tenshock meets it at this time. Thanks for your reply Ridley.
I just read that a few seconds ago in the other thread. Perhaps it really is legal now. It has been pending, illegal, pending, and now legal I guess??

I'm not 100% sure whether or not the castle meets the specs for a true 540, and really is legal or not, I think the rotor diameter may be too big. The Tenshock sc401 will certainly not meet the specs, but the castle motor won't match the output of the tenshock either

I gave up on ROAR a long time ago, and thankfully, all the big races around here allow any powerplant as long as you use a 2s battery, which is what I think ROAR should have adopted in the first place.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ridley
I just read that a few seconds ago in the other thread. Perhaps it really is legal now. It has been pending, illegal, pending, and now legal I guess??

I'm not 100% sure whether or not the castle meets the specs for a true 540, and really is legal or not, I think the rotor diameter may be too big. The Tenshock sc401 will certainly not meet the specs, but the castle motor won't match the output of the tenshock either

I gave up on ROAR a long time ago, and thankfully, all the big races around here allow any powerplant as long as you use a 2s battery, which is what I think ROAR should have adopted in the first place.
Cool... I agree as the 2S limit really does level the field motor wise. The truth is speed only gives an advantage to the few that can control it. The rest of us move up the ladder by one less crash. I am mostly interested in runtime and less heat at this point.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

I am leaning TenShock 4000kv in a Hyper 10sc. Anyone else have this? What's a safe starting point for gearing? Thanks!!
Old 06-26-2011, 03:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Tried skimming and searching...

Anyone know what size rotor the 401, 4000kv has?
Old 06-26-2011, 01:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have my new tenshock 5200kv motor sitting here in front of me, and I need to know which color wires on the tenshock connect to which color wires on my ccMMP? I am assuming that red goes to red, blue goes to black, and yellow goes to white?
Old 06-26-2011, 01:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nytryder
I have my new tenshock 5200kv motor sitting here in front of me, and I need to know which color wires on the tenshock connect to which color wires on my ccMMP? I am assuming that red goes to red, blue goes to black, and yellow goes to white?
with any SENSORLESS motor, just connect the wires, if it goes in reverse, swap any TWO wires and it will be fine. Sensored motors are specific in how the motor is connected, sensorless really isn't.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.