Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

nobody really cares about AE truck in this thread except 1% of the hardcore AE fans that troll it. LETS GET ON TOPIC
Old 02-24-2011, 09:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Chase1472
nobody really cares about AE truck in this thread except 1% of the hardcore AE fans that troll it. LETS GET ON TOPIC
Just to state I'm not an AE fan, I'm actually more a Losi fan. I was just stating I didn't agree with the response hacker gave.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Chase1472
+1000!!! Please enough with this bs!!!If someone claims hacker was being offensive through sarcasm they really should take a good moral inventory of them self as it just seems they are searching for a rise!!Where is the sarcasm??It was his opinion and while it may have been stated with a defensive tone it was by no means demeaning..Just dont think it was intended to be sacrcastic imo?? It was a Clear cut answer to a clear cut menatality??Cmon fellas don't get your panties in a bunch?? What is funny that this person didn't have to throw in his two cents about going for the Ae truck on this thraed??Just go with it and express your interest and excitement in Ae's thread??Why state that in this thread??For what??What does that accomplish but to just detract this thread??I dont go on Ae's thread to state that I like the Losi truck better??Whose purpose does that serve other than for my alterioir motives..It's just counter productive to the thread and is probably why hacker hacked at you a bit....For those that think it was unprofessional for hack to say what he said need to get off there 400 ft Rc corvette and read this thread through a couple times just to hopefully realize how darm professional these "Losi guys" have been!!!Shoot looks like every other rc manufacturer should be taking notes of these guys!!If they still truly feel bothered and question hack's customer service tendencies, than they need to educate themselves to the rules of customer sevivce in the corporate world for dummies!!
Old 02-24-2011, 11:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

has any body heard if an 8 scale motor will fit in the motor mount it looks kind of small??????
Old 02-25-2011, 01:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JColeman
I love the fact that Ryan more or less says -my truck will kick your trucks ass.
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANT TO HEAR FROM A LOSI GUY!!!
Old 02-25-2011, 02:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Is this really necessary?
Old 02-25-2011, 05:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default haha

Originally Posted by JColeman
I love the fact that Ryan more or less says -my truck will kick your trucks ass.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by twigman08
Just to state I'm not an AE fan, I'm actually more a Losi fan. I was just stating I didn't agree with the response hacker gave.
i own and race both losi and AE products.. BOTH high quality companies! BOTH have vehicles with pro's and con's... BOTH have good customer support..

Twig: what 2wd SC truck are you going to run then?? the AE SC10 is standard (OMG can't run a standard hardware rc OMG OMG)

your a Toolman for coming on here and crying about hackers response..
Old 02-25-2011, 06:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by racerx711
i own and race both losi and AE products.. BOTH high quality companies! BOTH have vehicles with pro's and con's... BOTH have good customer support..

Twig: what 2wd SC truck are you going to run then?? the AE SC10 is standard (OMG can't run a standard hardware rc OMG OMG)
W.r.t. metric v.s. 'standard': most Europeans will favor metric above 'standard'. In Europe (almost) all screws are metric. Non-metric is therefore for me also a con.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D-money
has any body heard if an 8 scale motor will fit in the motor mount it looks kind of small??????
D-Money, Im sorry but it wont fit in this vehicle. The motor mount is designed to the roar specs and thus only takes 540/550 motors.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

I apologize if my comments came off to some poorly. They are my opinions. I was simply asking a couple questions. In regards to durability and complexity, I am spot on according to what I have personally heard from the AE guys actually running the truck.

If you feel complexity is what you are going for, then the AE truck will be perfect for your nephew is exactly what I was saying. They have two fluid filled diffs to tune which are not easy to get in and out, they have two trannys to get right, they have a decoupled slipper to set right, they have a belt to get the tension right and watch over, and they have a clicker to get right. That is just the drivetrain. It sounds to me like a truck that will turn electric into gas...and this is MY opinion coming for over 25 years of experience in this hobby. Just like gas where you spend all of your time tuning engines and not working on setup, with this, you could likely spend a lot of your time tuning your drivetrain and not working on setup.

None of this is meant to bash AE, I would not do that. They are a great copany that makes great products. We simply try to make better products that are right for the more common consumer. And to me, the more common 4wd SCT driver wants durable and easy and fast.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Ryan, just wondering which aspect of the mount won't allow for larger motors? Is is too low to the chassis?

Originally Posted by hacker07
D-Money, Im sorry but it wont fit in this vehicle. The motor mount is designed to the roar specs and thus only takes 540/550 motors.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

I would however like to keep the AE v Losi stuff away for as long as possible. Once both trucks are out there...then so be it.

I try to get on here and help, I really do. I would help anyone with ANY truck at any time and most know that about me. So, go Losi...but no bashing please.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bparanoid
Hey Ryan, just wondering which aspect of the mount won't allow for larger motors? Is is too low to the chassis?
No, I thin size wise you might be able to squeeze a 670 can in there. But the holes are not drilled in the right spots and i dont know if there would even be room to move the holes. Sorry
Old 02-25-2011, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

If you must run a 1/8 motor in your truck then the after market RC-Monster mount and the Elite RC electric motor mounts for the Ten-T are both available now and will both support 1/8 size motors.

I have the RC-Monster mount in my 810e now and can fit a Tekin or Castle 1/8 motor with no problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.