Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SCTRacerX
LOL some people..When you call them they give you an option for them to call you back. Instead of sitting on the phone they will call you back in like 2 or 3 hours and answer your questions, I don't see how you can complain about that kind of service I think it's far superior than someone genius sitting on the phone for an hour and complaining about it.

Salad you got me to go to the dark side I just picked up a Tekin 2650 and can't wait to feel the sensored difference, I got an amazing deal on it. I like my castle but the only issue I have is the "natural" drag on the motor the notchy feel when you spin the rotor in your hand. I think it makes it a bit harder to keep it from going nose down on jumps, also on very low traction surface can cause the wheels to actually lock up almost. I here the Tekin is nice and smooth. I know it's a lot of motor but I couldn't pass up a fresh motor from tekin for less than 50% of retail. I'll have to see what I like better Nue/Castle or Tekin 2650. I'm thinking Tekin but I will post my results asap, I have a temp gun on the way also to get some more accurate temp readings.

Salad I know your not a big MMP fan, but have you ever ran one in sensored mode? And if so any thing you can think of that I need to know, like settings vs. non-sensored motors?
That's usually how I end up testing so much stuff... Can't pass up good deals lol. I actually don't own any 1/8th scale motors, just never had anything to stuff them in. Not opposed to using one though, just haven't had a chance. I finished all my 550 testing this weekend and ended up still liking the 1410 the best. Clocked 37mph on the street which is not bad for that little sucker.

I did run the MMP in sensored only mode, start with the default settings and work from there. You might need a BEC, amp draw on that motor is pretty high. Test it out and report back.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by white boy
my local hooby shop dosent carry losi. thats why i was looking for the size of the pins so i can match something up. and the closest one that sells losi is almost an hr away and there out of stock. im still on hold for horizon its been 57 mins. this is some shitty service. i doubt there is that many people calling or they need to exspand there tech department.
use the callback feature.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LRPO
use the callback feature.
I have been waiting three weeks and counting for a call back, and no I am not holding my breath.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I already have the BEC, IMO it's a necessity for the MMP, the difference was huge It felt like a new ESC when I added the Castle BEC a few weeks ago, after running 6 months with no external BEC that is. I thought I saw a pic of a T8 in your SCTE was mistaken I guess. Yes the 3800/1410 is a great little motor I have been running mine around trying to get used to it. I need to get some more 2s lipos my 3s clocked 51 mph with the 16 tooth. Temps I think would be an issue in a race though with that kinda speed and power, so I need a 2s. 3s on the Tekin 2650 should be a nice amount of power I think. Who knows might be too much motor, kinda like my Castle 2650, really only using 50% of the motor good for temps and run time but extra weight might be a draw back.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

I have a set of STOCK diff pins i just removed from my SCTE with less than half a pack on them, i am willing to give them to someone THAT REALLY NEEDS THEM for free. Just PM me and give me your address an ill send them out 1st class mail. I only have 1 set so first person that PM's me gets them, please dont be greedy, id like to give them to a fellow racer that really needs a set.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 223 (100%+)

Old 04-25-2011, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 223 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
Just got back into the states and yes, the pins went out to those that contacted either losi or horizon. Hope everyone had a good week.
When did they start shipping ?, just wondering when we should be expecting them. Is it safe to buy another kit yet ?
Old 04-25-2011, 12:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ryan, I received a package from Horizon on Thursday thinking they were the new pins but instead they sent me 3 packs of LOSB3568's.

I'm not complaining as I am already running pins from Chris.. just giving you a heads up in case this is some internal glitch that needs to be correct. I really feel bad too because it cost you guys $22.50 to ship the wrong stuff to Canada.

Originally Posted by hacker07
Many shops should have the losb3568 in stock now and they will be fully caught up by the end of this week.

UPDATE...I double checked on diff pins today and getting them out...all of the CS pin people that called Losi shipped from Losi and those that called Horizon, they got most of them out today, some out on friday, and some out tomorrow.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bparanoid
Ryan, I received a package from Horizon on Thursday thinking they were the new pins but instead they sent me 3 packs of LOSB3568's.

I'm not complaining as I am already running pins from Chris.. just giving you a heads up in case this is some internal glitch that needs to be correct. I really feel bad too because it cost you guys $22.50 to ship the wrong stuff to Canada.
I received 2 packs of the Losb3568 last week as well. Figured it was the pins but it was not. Like you said, not complaining, but think wires got crossed somewhere. Thanks.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KingdomRacer
Does this include the people who filled out the:
LOSB0127 Differential Pins Request Form

I'm pretty sure it is but your post doesn't mention the form also,
because this is what I was told to do when I called Horizon, just checking.
Yes, that sure does.

Originally Posted by TC3Driver97
I think they do have that many calls- to much stuff braking
I tried the call back several times, once they called me back after 4 days the other times they never called me back.
good luck,
Every CS department gets a lot of calls for every product in every market. People will call to ask about what wrench to use in a 4/40 cap head screw...all sorts of things. They are pretty good about calling back, but keep in mind, they are still human. I'm not making any excuses for them, just telling it like it is.

Originally Posted by alvinsmith75
I have been waiting three weeks and counting for a call back, and no I am not holding my breath.
I would never wait that long...try putting the call in again.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:03 PM
Tech Adept

I just picked up a Castle sidewinder/3800kv 4 pole motor and esc combo on ebay. Just wondering if anyone has any positive or negitive feedback on running this ESC on the "scte." I'm hearing all good stuff on the motor. But not much info on this esc. I really just picked this combo up as back up; just in case my Tekin motor happens to "shit the bed" Lol! It seemed like a good price. Just waiting on my diff. pins so I can run this bad boy!
Old 04-25-2011, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by arrtay
I just picked up a Castle sidewinder/3800kv 4 pole motor and esc combo on ebay. Just wondering if anyone has any positive or negitive feedback on running this ESC on the "scte." I'm hearing all good stuff on the motor. But not much info on this esc. I really just picked this combo up as back up; just in case my Tekin motor happens to "shit the bed" Lol! It seemed like a good price. Just waiting on my diff. pins so I can run this bad boy!
I wouldn't use the Sidewinder in the Ten-SCTE, I personally would pair it up w/MMP and if your using a HV servo get a CC BEC too.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dietz
Is this with 2s or 3s?
2S is all I use. I just raced this weekend with a bunch of guys running the big 550's and 1/8 scale pigs, I mean motors and I and another guy finished first and third and we were using the 1410 and no one could pull us on the straight and we killed everyone on the jumps with short run ups.

No problem with temps or run times. Guys if you don't need to be ROAR legal and you do like to go really fast on 2S, be as light as possible, have great run times and no heat problems if you aren't using this motor, I think you're nuts. At least if you are one of the ones complaining about any of those issues.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I called for a call back from Horizon/losi waited 4 days, called back sat on
hold for an hour,got to talk to them to register my SCTE for the up date
parts.

I'm still waiting for up date parts (like pins) they said they were sending out
by the end of next week for my two SCTE's. This was a month ago and I
have got nothing from them,no parts,no email saying whats up,no phone
call saying whats up....

I know Losi/Horizon is slamed with problems right now, but please guys keep
us up to date whats going on instead of leaving us hanging after you tell us
your doing something on the phone in person...

I don't think this is asking to much (I could be wrong?) you Losi guys can
correct me if I am....
Old 04-25-2011, 02:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

my first call back was within 10 minutes...my second callback took 30 minutes. I believe you but it just seems weird?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.