Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SC_RAGE
got to pay to play. Or you could wait 3 months or more and bitch about it the whole time.
You crack me up Raegan....
Old 04-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
Some pics of my Team V body mounted up !

SICK! way better than my bashing body and tires I posted up. Where the wheels white or silver before you died them?
Old 04-14-2011, 03:40 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

There are other options other than the rx8, but price wise you cant beat it.

as you have speedpassion in your signature, what is your thought on there Silver Arrow V2 in SCTE usage? Seems these go for about $100 from what I have seen. If they work, sounds like it beats the RX8 pricewise wouldn't you say?
Old 04-14-2011, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LRPO
SICK! way better than my bashing body and tires I posted up. Where the wheels white or silver before you died them?

They were white , gonna try silver next .......
Old 04-14-2011, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

To all those who run the castle mmp, RX8, LRP, AND NOVAK

Dont take what I say personally. Many take it out of context and think Im trying to bash it. Im just saying it might not be the right application for the scte on a sensored motor on 2's. There are other options other than the rx8, but price wise you cant beat it. By the time you are done buying a mmp, glitch buster, and external bec. You are spending more than just buying an esc that works well with any servo and motor combo. Between SALAD FORK and my testing these different setups, we figured out what works and dosent. The LRP setup works great, but the cost is hard for some to swallow. Novak Has been hit or miss for awhile. Seen alot of 10th scale setups catching fire over the last couple of years. And Its happened to some veteran racers who really know what they are doing. RX8 4 hole esc's are another bad run of esc's im not going to debate that, but they took the time to fix whatever was causing the problem and released a 3 hole esc that works great for any application. Im not on here to start arguements or ruffle anyones feathers about this. I;ve just dedicated the last couple years strictly to testing different esc's and motors to make everyone elses lives easier.
Take it for what you will, Im not trying to be negative. But its hard when you spend alot of money on stuff and it turns out to be junk. I've put my fair share of useful info on the thread, Some use it some dont. Either way its here if you need it. [just wanted to clear the air]
One thing to mention, when I buy R/C stuff I usually buy in bulk (3-4 ESC's at a time). I will hand out stuff to drivers like Rage who have the ability to test something for me so I can log feedback. So we are not just testing one product we test multiple versions of the same product. I do this out of pocket for products which I am not a dealer for. Last year was an expensive year for ESC's for me. I will say Castle has good CS an their motors are AWESOME. It's not like Speed Passion where you smoke something and months later you might get a call or email back about the replacement.

Another reliable ESC to mention I tested was the Viper's. The VTX10R was even better than a RX8 but the size of the RS Pro. It will handle up to 4S with the 550's. They ship next week so those who don't want a true 1/8th scale ESC like the Tekin or MMM because of size or weight this is a great option. I also tested their prototype 550's a few months ago and the 4.5 and 5.5's are also amazing. The name has been changed to the VTX10R, not the VTrax10R.

Old 04-14-2011, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SaladFork
One thing to mention, when I buy R/C stuff I usually buy in bulk (3-4 ESC's at a time). I will hand out stuff to drivers like Rage who have the ability to test something for me so I can log feedback. So we are not just testing one product we test multiple versions of the same product. I do this out of pocket for products which I am not a dealer for. Last year was an expensive year for ESC's for me. I will say Castle has good CS an their motors are AWESOME. It's not like Speed Passion where you smoke something and months later you might get a call or email back about the replacement.

Another reliable ESC to mention I tested was the Viper's. The VTX10R was even better than a RX8 but the size of the RS Pro. It will handle up to 4S with the 550's. They ship next week so those who don't want a true 1/8th scale ESC like the Tekin or MMM because of size or weight this is a great option. I also tested their prototype 550's a few months ago and the 4.5 and 5.5's are also amazing. The name has been changed to the VTX10R, not the VTrax10R.

How much will they be?
Old 04-14-2011, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cain
as you have speedpassion in your signature, what is your thought on there Silver Arrow V2 in SCTE usage? Seems these go for about $100 from what I have seen. If they work, sounds like it beats the RX8 pricewise wouldn't you say?
I'm a dealer for SP and honestly I would stay away from their cheaper ESC's. I had over a 60% failure rate on the SC Combos, it was so bad I quite selling anything ESC related. I have had good luck with their V10 550's but the V2's had heat issues on 2S. The majority of my time last summer was putting people in touch with SP for returns. FOr those who couldn't get a return I would send them one out of pocket if I had them.

The last customer I had bought a SC combo, it fried on hookup. I was PISSED, so I sent him a replacement, the GT version. That also smoked on hookup. I was done after that.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cult Racing
How much will they be?
Same as a RS Pro, but come with the program card (pro gauge). $220.00, they are a US based company (ESC's made in Taiwan), all ESC's come with a 365 day warranty. Motors have a 6 month warranty. Pricey, but very worthy.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

Same as a RS Pro, but come with the program card (pro gauge). $220.00, they are a US based company (ESC's made in Taiwan), all ESC's come with a 365 day warranty. Motors have a 6 month warranty. Pricey, but very worthy.
I might sell one of my rx8's, have you had any problems with the esc?
Old 04-14-2011, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

I might sell one of my rx8's, have you had any problems with the esc?
Nope, it was great... The ESC I had ended up down at the Cactus Classic last month (very limited runs on the prototypes, I had the 1st R version for testing) and also had no issues the whole weekend.

Rage also ran the ESC with the VST 8.5 in his XXX-SCT and has been begging me to get another one. It has launch control and almost every time he raced with the ESC he was getting hole shot every start. Smooth starts, fully pinned no spin outs.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:14 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cain
Dont use the speed passion esc. The motors work great, The esc's are lacking in the quality department. Contact sald fork, he is a dealer. It beats the rx8 price wise, but if you have to keep buying them because they fry. That kinda defeats the cheap price. It had issues running an associated sc10, just to bring a recent test into the comparison. But if you want a motor , go for it. The motors are faster than the tekin 550's.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:17 PM
Tech Addict

+1,000,000,000 on the VTX VIPER. LOVED IT.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Nope, it was great... The ESC I had ended up down at the Cactus Classic last month (very limited runs on the prototypes, I had the 1st R version for testing) and also had no issues the whole weekend.

Rage also ran the ESC with the VST 8.5 in his XXX-SCT and has been begging me to get another one. It has launch control and almost every time he raced with the ESC he was getting hole shot every start. Smooth starts, fully pinned no spin outs.
You think it will handle a 4pole neu 1509 motor? if so im gonna sell one of my rx8s right now.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alvinsmith75
I noticed this yesterday. Whats up with the washers that are in the diffs under the sun gears? They seem to be of poor quality. I had one that wasnt really flat, almost coned shaped. Also on one side it was really rough and had a lip that would catch a nail if drug across. Could one of you Losi guys shed some light on this please? Sorry, i didnt even think of taking pics at the time.
Anyone???
Old 04-14-2011, 04:40 PM
Tech Addict

You think it will handle a 4pole neu 1509 motor? if so im gonna sell one of my rx8s right now.
Couldnt give you a yes or no answer. Havent tested that combo. It is a sensor based esc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.