Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhautz
And then new gears as well.... which is the even bigger issue at the moment.

Waiting until they fail is not the smart way to go right now. Getting new pins is actually pretty easy if your willing to spend a few bucks.... Getting new gears is next to impossible. Nobody is going to whip them up on their basement hobby mill.
Parts are on the way..they have to be or there will be 20,000 losi trucks just sitting on shelfs...Not an option..I`m finally gonna dig into my diffs this week after almost 2- months of running and I think we are close enough to the Horizon pins being here that I may just get lucky.As far as other parts on the truck I have not had a single issue!!! None Not one!!!!
Old 04-12-2011, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

Waiting until they fail is not the smart way to go right now. Getting new pins is actually pretty easy if your willing to spend a few bucks.... Getting new gears is next to impossible. Nobody is going to whip them up on their basement hobby mill.
Lots of guys on many forums are using ofna diff gears in their scte's. They
say with a little moding they work just fine. Some are even using the ofna
pins and shims.

Alot of guys are getting very creative to keep their scte's on the race track.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
FEELER:

Ryan and the guys are working on better springs for the SCTE. What if you could use 8ight springs on your SCTE right now? Would you be interested?

I'm thinking about making some shock collars that would allow you to install 8ight springs on the SCTE shocks. You would use the 8ight bottom spring cup.

I'd also like to know if knurling is a requirement for you or just nice to have. It will increase the cost of the parts by at least 50%. I'm shooting for $10 -$15 a pair.

Another option would be to make a top hat shaped part that would sit over the stock collar and center the spring. These should be cheaper to make and would probably work just as well.

Please send me a PM if you're interested.

Please don't pollute this thread with replies to this post.

Thanks,

Chris
Good idea, but I would be more likely to buy

1) stronger ackerman (lightweight would be nice) maybe with replacable cups
2) alum center diff top brace 'lightened' (for that matter a full alum center diff mount)
Old 04-12-2011, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 8ight-e

2) alum center diff top brace 'lightened' (for that matter a full alum center diff mount)
Nice"
Old 04-12-2011, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e

Can you explain what you mean by stronger ackerman? The ackerman piece is steel, so im not sure it gets much stronger...???
Old 04-12-2011, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Diamond... pure diamond
Old 04-12-2011, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BmainStar
The part on the top side of the chassis where the front brace bolts to top of steering posts,seems kinda weak considering my front brace is Alum and it is plastic... jus wondering if this part should be stronger or is there a reason its plastic?May have to barge the family machine shop and 3-d one up.It is not flat like the Jammy but it could be done,question is should it be done? Anyone?
Any ideas on this guys?
Old 04-12-2011, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
Can you explain what you mean by stronger ackerman? The ackerman piece is steel, so im not sure it gets much stronger...???
Stock wears, maybe stretches is more accurate in the pin area. This is not a big deal.. the 8ight stock ackerman does it too & both of them run great even with it. The kingheadz aftermarket 8ight ones lightened and have bronze bushings for me anyway, have taken the wear a lot better than the stockers did. This is what I would be looking for.. PS not complaining, just a part I would buy in on.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:52 PM
Tech Addict

My gears are still perfect because i fixed thi pins before they were destroyed. If your gears are messed up thats your fault. Sc10 pins still holding up and my gears are perfect. pulled the diffs apart last week after a couple months of runtime and the oil was still clear. This means there is no wear. Easy maintenence. So while people are waiting for parts that they really didnt need, Because there are alternative solutions available. Ill still be running with no issues. pay attention and you will reap the benifits of listening.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:53 PM
Tech Addict

My gears are still perfect because i fixed the pins before they were destroyed. If your gears are messed up thats your fault. Sc10 pins still holding up and my gears are perfect. pulled the diffs apart last week after a couple months of runtime and the oil was still clear. This means there is no wear. Easy maintenence. So while people are waiting for parts that they really didnt need, Because there are alternative solutions available. Ill still be running with no issues. pay attention and you will reap the benifits of listening.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:53 PM
Tech Addict

wierd double post
Old 04-12-2011, 05:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SC_RAGE
My gears are still perfect because i fixed the pins before they were destroyed. If your gears are messed up thats your fault. Sc10 pins still holding up and my gears are perfect. pulled the diffs apart last week after a couple months of runtime and the oil was still clear. This means there is no wear. Easy maintenence. So while people are waiting for parts that they really didnt need, Because there are alternative solutions available. Ill still be running with no issues. pay attention and you will reap the benifits of listening.
EXACTLY.. it takes very little run time on the soft stock pins to start to wear out the gears already. And once they are worn even with good pins they will continue to wear.

i got 6 packs on my scte before i heard about the pins and stopped running it.. i bought the same pins chris buys to make and made some replacements, but it was to late.. the gears are still wearing and will go out eventually..

don't run on the soft pins, or you will just cause yourself more trouble and $$$ in replacing more than just the pins.. My scte needs cases and all internal parts replaced

I am still hopping once i contact horizon that they will replace all the internal diff parts and not just the pins (my side gears look like someone countersunk the back of them after just 6 runs of about 5 minutes each).
Old 04-12-2011, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by racerx711
EXACTLY.. it takes very little run time on the soft stock pins to start to wear out the gears already. And once they are worn even with good pins they will continue to wear.

i got 6 packs on my scte before i heard about the pins and stopped running it.. i bought the same pins chris buys to make and made some replacements, but it was to late.. the gears are still wearing and will go out eventually..

don't run on the soft pins, or you will just cause yourself more trouble and $$$ in replacing more than just the pins.. My scte needs cases and all internal parts replaced

I am still hopping once i contact horizon that they will replace all the internal diff parts and not just the pins (my side gears look like someone countersunk the back of them after just 6 runs of about 5 minutes each).
Waste of typing lol lol most all the know it alls I race with that thought I
was blowing smoke about the diff pins are now side lined not racing their
SCTE's anymore...

Theres always guys that think they can get away with anything. To that I
say (good luck to ya)
Old 04-12-2011, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SC_RAGE
Yea.... Exactly what I was saying. Not smart to wait until you wear the pins. Just do the pins now and save yourself allot of hassle and money replacing additional parts in the long term.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:55 PM
Tech Addict

Yea.... Exactly what I was saying. Not smart to wait until you wear the pins. Just do the pins now and save yourself allot of hassle and money replacing additional parts in the long term.
I said it over two months ago but that was over 100 pages back. I dont like to repeat things. People never listen. But they love to complain.
Im glad most of us are in agreement on this. But with anything, you cant help those who dont think they need help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.