Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 06:27 PM
Tech Prophet

I noticed some of you guys used the inside hole on the Losi Alum servo horn ? Im guessing its ethier for less throw or more important less of a angle.

Feint: Hum yea im guilty of that one lol.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
I would agree to an extent. Some people spend more time on these forums than actually driving their trucks.
Well it is winter. Not any offroad indoor tracks in my area.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
I noticed some of you guys used the inside hole on the Losi Alum servo horn ? Im guessing its ethier for less throw or more important less of a angle.

I use the inside hole. I know folks who use the outside hole. Try both see what works for you.

It's easier to take out steering throw if you don't need it.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man

Inside holes give you more torque and less of a twitchy truck, which is the primary reason to run it there. You can run it to the outside and (de)tune from there via your transmitter if you want.

But if you tune it down to what the inside hole would provide naturally, then the reality is that you're just stressing the servo out more and making it more prone to failure. The longer the lever, the more torque/power it takes to provide the same amount of force. Also, the longer the lever, the more pressure the wheels and objects you hit give back to your servo saver, servo/gears.

It it a huge deal? No. But all the small things add up.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by muscles 1
Or I could live in Loserville like "some" of you and read 2800 pages. Lol
You guys are off topic and another reason why the thread is so large. If you need help, ask or search. Simple enough.

But don't come here and stick your nose up at electric folks, because you're running the same truck and using lipos as well. Thanks.

General info RE: chassis. I've now tried the BCE (limited), Bumps (8+ months) and Kings Heads (2 months) and stock. So far I'm a fan of the Bumps then KH in terms of handling. I like the KH in terms of the updated drivetrain geometry and I think this will make a great outdoor chassis come summertime when mah might be a factor (we have some larger outdoor tracks around here). The BCE seems very stiff and doesn't handle as well as the Bumps. The un-treated aluminum seems to get a grimy funk to it after a while. Not sure what that is, but it doesn't affect performance.

I suspect the TLR and Bumps chassis are very, very close.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hkrob
4X4 SC at Tonys Hobbies MIP SCTE take the win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7gjz_xZdUs
6:41 - LOL - what the heck. I guess cutting the track is legal if you're airborne and only bounce once on the infield.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
I would agree to an extent. Some people spend more time on these forums than actually driving their trucks.
Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
Ya, some of us dont live in CA where its nice a majority of the time...and we have 1 track within an hour or 2 and i work til 5pm six days a week and when i do get out its almost dark and lately its been raining and our local track is open 2 days a week with 1 being a race night and i dont have a transponder so i can race on fridays and im not always free the 1other night so for some of this, this is all we have and is our rc release
Old 12-08-2012, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

since i have 3 outdoor tracks and an indoor with in 30 mins ill keep out of this argument oh and it was 80 here in south florida!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing
since i have 3 outdoor tracks and an indoor with in 30 mins ill keep out of this argument oh and it was 80 here in south florida!!!
Ya ya, but u gots hurricanes...it's in the 30s and raining here
Old 12-08-2012, 07:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That's what I was wanting to know, was drivers input on their chassis and setups.
Thanks geohm
Old 12-08-2012, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
Originally Posted by TCCustoms
Ya, some of us dont live in CA where its nice a majority of the time...and we have 1 track within an hour or 2 and i work til 5pm six days a week and when i do get out its almost dark and lately its been raining and our local track is open 2 days a week with 1 being a race night and i dont have a transponder so i can race on fridays and im not always free the 1other night so for some of this, this is all we have and is our rc release
Was a nice 75 Degrees out here, not a cloud in sight
Yea I forget about climates around this time of year is bad for most.

That's what I was wanting to know, was drivers input on their chassis and setups.
Thanks geohm
Only way to find out, is buy what you like and drive it. All tracks are different. I've had most of the aftermarket chassis, they all work really well. So whatever you get is most certainly better than stock.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:38 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by goehm
Inside holes give you more torque and less of a twitchy truck, which is the primary reason to run it there. You can run it to the outside and (de)tune from there via your transmitter if you want.

But if you tune it down to what the inside hole would provide naturally, then the reality is that you're just stressing the servo out more and making it more prone to failure. The longer the lever, the more torque/power it takes to provide the same amount of force. Also, the longer the lever, the more pressure the wheels and objects you hit give back to your servo saver, servo/gears.

It it a huge deal? No. But all the small things add up.

Oh i see yea il try the inside hole than once i get a new servo for the SCTE.

Feint: I have a local indoor carpet offroad track thank god ! No racing in the winter sucks big time .
Old 12-08-2012, 11:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile

Just something to look at if you use the inner hole on the losi aluminum horn- make sure it doesn't hit you servo when close to maximum throw- you can either notch a small spot on your servo for clearance, run the stock horn which raises the angle of the linkage or use a losi 22 horn which is angled up to clear your servo
Old 12-09-2012, 05:40 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks geohm
If I recall, Aaron Lane's setup was popular for trucks that haven't gone on a diet (weigh close to stock). Ryan Dunford's (hacker) is very similar, but geared towards lighter trucks. You can then tweak for track and driving style. I use about 80% of Hacker's (I have a rear mount battery) and really only adjust tires between tracks - so you can probably find one and just stick with it.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rich D
Just something to look at if you use the inner hole on the losi aluminum horn- make sure it doesn't hit you servo when close to maximum throw- you can either notch a small spot on your servo for clearance, run the stock horn which raises the angle of the linkage or use a losi 22 horn which is angled up to clear your servo
I've found that if I put the nut on the bottom I can have clearance issues. I run the screw up through the horn then attach the nut on top - then attach the horn to the servo. Hope that helps!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.