Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 09:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by myl3s91
Well today was a absolute nightmare, i switched the pinion and after setting the mesh and tightening down the screw with very little force the screw stripped. Ive set my mesh many times and alot of wrenching in the past but have never seen anything happen to a screw like this. So now i am stumped, i have a rounded off screw and i cant set my mesh if i switch pinions. Someone mentioned to me that i could cut a slot in the screw and use a screwdriver to get it out, is there ANY other way? It is driving me nuts i cant stand to look at it! And there is NO WAY i will be leaving it like that.
Take a Dremel and a cutting wheel and cut a line across the center of the cap head. You can then use a flat head screw driver to remove the screw. If you don't use a good quality hex set "Losi Hex's fit the Losi screws best" the screws can easily strip. The Losi hex's are not cheap but they are the best investment for my Losi vehicles I have made. Don't forget to use some Loctite on the screw and don't bare down on it when tightening it.

These are my favorite hex's but Losi make some other set too.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...-set-LOSA99104
Old 01-19-2012, 09:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jasontraci
For those who have purchased and installed, do you see a noticeable difference? I race about every other week in an indoor track...thanks for your response.

Team Losi Racing Tuning Kit (TEN-SCTE)

Includes:

Rear Shock Tower, Carbon, 4mm
Front Shock Tower, Carbon, 4mm
Rear Hubs, Aluminum
Shock Tops, Aluminum
One Piece Shock Standoffs
Shock Collars, Aluminum
Adjustable Front Hinge Pin Holder Set
Adjustable Rear Hinge Pin Holder Set
It not only strengthens your truck but it makes it lighter also. That decreases the the chances of breaking something during a wreck. The kit also gives you more tuning options and it a real deal compared to buying everything separate.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My buddy ran his truck for the first time today and after the 2nd battery we noticed that his rear center drive shaft was bent, I checked mines and it had a very slight bend also but barely noticeable, has anybody experienced this before and is there an improved/upgraded replacement part?
Old 01-19-2012, 10:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Broke the steering bell piece tonight

Broke it off tonight. I was asked if I had set the steering limits, and I said no. I have the Hitech 7955TG so it's got lots of power. I probably had just been lucky it didnt break all these 50+ packs i've ran. I am going to get it replace and then set the limit if i turn L then R to be just a hair at under the max, right?

What about running aluminum ones?

My trucks in the garage, but I believe it was the piece in the bottom that broke. it's the top portion of that combo and it broke right where it connects to the linkage that ultimately connects to the servo horn/arm.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

[QUOTE=AgroAMG;10199482]Broke it off tonight. I was asked if I had set the steering limits, and I said no. I have the Hitech 7955TG so it's got lots of power. I probably had just been lucky it didnt break all these 50+ packs i've ran. I am going to get it replace and then set the limit if i turn L then R to be just a hair at under the max, right?

My trucks in the garage, but I believe it was the piece in the bottom that broke. it's the top portion of that combo and it broke right where it connects to the linkage that ultimately connects to the servo horn/arm.

IMO there is no need to run aluminum ones. This is my 3rd 8ight based vehicle and I have never broken those parts. If you don't set your travel your asking for trouble. Spend a few bucks and get replacements, then set your travel/end points and see how it goes.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jketron
I've got a new truck and I'm thinking about changing the grease out of the diffs, this seems like a serious challenge as if you can't just take them apart and put them back together easy.

Do I need to order some parts besides whatever diff oil I decide on?
I just did it for the first time a few days ago. I think the only trick is to find the right screws to remove for the front end to come off. I actually found this video useful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4e0DVMgYZQ Although it's not very well done (and some it's some kid doing it). Just watch it till you see how to take off the front end to access the front diff.

Everything else is easy. The little shims that people talk about are located between the little square pin holders and the planetary gears and they're REALLY little and like to stick to things and get lost. Just pay attention to those and you'll be fine.

You don't need anything but diff oil, some type of sticky grease, and some type of cleaning agent to clean out the old grease (I like nitro clean that you can get at a hobby shop).
Old 01-20-2012, 05:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildewinds
I just did it for the first time a few days ago. I think the only trick is to find the right screws to remove for the front end to come off. I actually found this video useful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4e0DVMgYZQ Although it's not very well done (and some it's some kid doing it). Just watch it till you see how to take off the front end to access the front diff.

Everything else is easy. The little shims that people talk about are located between the little square pin holders and the planetary gears and they're REALLY little and like to stick to things and get lost. Just pay attention to those and you'll be fine.

You don't need anything but diff oil, some type of sticky grease, and some type of cleaning agent to clean out the old grease (I like nitro clean that you can get at a hobby shop).
That kid is probably one of the best drivers out here in so cal... I believe he only has 2 sponsers boca bearings and thunder power...He should have more I was watching him in a race against Frank Root and they were basically battling the whole race, this kid hauls F$&@!?& @55
Old 01-20-2012, 05:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by AgroAMG
Broke it off tonight. I was asked if I had set the steering limits, and I said no. I have the Hitech 7955TG so it's got lots of power. I probably had just been lucky it didnt break all these 50+ packs i've ran. I am going to get it replace and then set the limit if i turn L then R to be just a hair at under the max, right?

I had the same exact issue, I upgraded to the STRC aluminum ones and it was a HUGE upgrade, really no slop, and wont break, nice and smooth
Old 01-20-2012, 05:52 AM
Tech Regular

Default Aluminum-Rear-Chassis-Brace

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
I had the same exact issue, I upgraded to the STRC aluminum ones and it was a HUGE upgrade, really no slop, and wont break, nice and smooth
Hi there Feint Motion,
Quick question: is this the rear chassis brace you are using?
If so, is this a direct fit?
Thx for your feedback.
Best,
V
Old 01-20-2012, 06:03 AM

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by umm winning
That kid is probably one of the best drivers out here in so cal... I believe he only has 2 sponsers boca bearings and thunder power...He should have more I was watching him in a race against Frank Root and they were basically battling the whole race, this kid hauls F$&@!?& @55
Orange boca bearings cost $275. set

http://www.bocabearings.com/productd...SubGroupID=153
Old 01-20-2012, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

Well today was a absolute nightmare, i switched the pinion and after setting the mesh and tightening down the screw with very little force the screw stripped. Ive set my mesh many times and alot of wrenching in the past but have never seen anything happen to a screw like this. So now i am stumped, i have a rounded off screw and i cant set my mesh if i switch pinions. Someone mentioned to me that i could cut a slot in the screw and use a screwdriver to get it out, is there ANY other way? It is driving me nuts i cant stand to look at it! And there is NO WAY i will be leaving it like that.
You can also go down to the local tool shop and pick up a screw extractor, I had stripped out the screws in the diff on my last rebuild total of 6 screws on 2 trucks picked up one of these and all came right out nice and easy. You can even order them from McMaster if you dont like going to a real store lol. I now have a couple sizes in my tool box just in case.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

If it is not copletely rounded out, get a new allen wrench or grind the tip of the one you have. Place a small dab of automotive valve grinding compound (preferred) or some abrasive powdered cleanser (such as Comet) in the screw head. You can generally get enough bite to get remove the screw. If the screw is thread locked in, heat it first with a soldering iron to release the thread locker.
Worth a try before you start grinding.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:40 AM
Tech Regular

I'm going to buy a new set of rim's and tire's for this coming spring but I've only owned 2 different type of tire's before just got back into the hobby this year so I'm not sure what type would be good. I've owned the Proline Gladiators and Calibar's for my stadium truck.

The track I race on has alot of loose top to it and with the calibars they load up with dirt and are packed solid so those are out of the question and the Gladiators kinda of did the same thing.

So with that being said what's a good tire for a loose top soil that wont pack into the tread's???
(The stock Losi' SCTE tire's dont load up but I want something different) I think there was some sort of AKA brand tire I saw that looked like it may work and other people were running but I can't remmber the name.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:43 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by timannnn6
Just ran the new nanotech's 6.6 batteries. I got 16 minutes of solid race pace runtime. Cutoff set to 3.4 per. Charged them back up and they took 6884mah back in.

These are my new favorite batteries.
That's awesome I'm going to pick up one before spring if everyone else doesn't buy them out
Old 01-20-2012, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by namewasdallas
I'm going to buy a new set of rim's and tire's for this coming spring but I've only owned 2 different type of tire's before just got back into the hobby this year so I'm not sure what type would be good. I've owned the Proline Gladiators and Calibar's for my stadium truck.

The track I race on has alot of loose top to it and with the calibars they load up with dirt and are packed solid so those are out of the question and the Gladiators kinda of did the same thing.

So with that being said what's a good tire for a loose top soil that wont pack into the tread's???
(The stock Losi' SCTE tire's dont load up but I want something different) I think there was some sort of AKA brand tire I saw that looked like it may work and other people were running but I can't remmber the name.
AKA Enduros

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.