Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Tech Regular

Ryan or Casper

On your guys setups it says droop is set by shock length so I take it that you guys are not running droop screws. How are you measuring shock length? Is it from end to end or from center of the shaft eye to center of the cap eye?

thanks
Old 03-06-2011, 07:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fantomdude
Ryan or Casper

On your guys setups it says droop is set by shock length so I take it that you guys are not running droop screws. How are you measuring shock length? Is it from end to end or from center of the shaft eye to center of the cap eye?

thanks
I think they use droop screws but base it on shock lenght which is usualy measured from center to center.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

does the kit comes w pinion for the motor? if i do need to get new pinion wat pitch (32?48?) do i need? wat is mod 1 ?

thanx
Old 03-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chiatw73
does the kit comes w pinion for the motor? if i do need to get new pinion wat pitch (32?48?) do i need? wat is mod 1 ?

thanx
the kit does not come with a pinion. it uses mod 1.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley
Run a 20t pinion. Anything less is pretty slow.
any advice on setup on the mmp??
Old 03-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro0619
any advice on setup on the mmp??
Smart sense on high timing

I don't use any of the other driving crutches so i just turn the rest of the functions off.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Castle 1415 4 pole for sale in the classifieds
Old 03-06-2011, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Rear A-Arm problem, manufacturing defect?

So I finally got my truck together and put 4 packs through it today. First off, let me say that I love this truck. I threw my buddy's Gridirons on it and had a blast at Gulf Coast Raceway (we were there for the Texas State Series race Saturday).

With just the stock setup, the truck was great, I had no major complaints or anything, although I do plan to tear it down now and do the diffs/shocks.

However on to my issue.

Running the last pack in a relatively slow section of the track, I caught a small piece of black pipe (that black plastic pipe everyone uses) and it pulled the pin that the rear hub carrier sits on straight through the END of the A-arm. The end of the arm SPLIT exactly on the lines where the mold markings are. It was really bizarre, I barely clipped the thing and the end of the arm opened up.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

I don't mind buying arms, although no one seems to have ANY anywhere .

Could this be a manufacturing issue? Has anyone else seen this? I'm telling ya, it's the oddest thing. Split right on the end/edge of the arm where the mold marks are.

Maybe Losi will warranty it for me since it was all of 30 minutes old.

Regardless, I love the truck. Just wish I could find some arms to buy. I'd like to get 30 or sets.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Hey guys, I though I might share a few pics of how my truck exactly how it came off the track from the main

Here are the AKA super soft Gridirons that I ran for 1 practice run, all through qualifing, and the A main. Barely knocked the edge off

Novak 4.5 geared 15/40 came off the track at 135 after 8 minutes

Havok Pro SC speedo. Ran around 110 except the one run that the fan fell off. Do your self a favor and don't use the provided plastic fan screws. I ended up using 2 - 2mm screws to securely fasten the fan down to the heat sink. You will have to put them both in the same side. If you try to put them in diagonal from each other you will warp the fan case and put the fan blade in a bind

Xcelorin 60C 6000 battery was awesome all weekend! had enough mah to go 10 if need be. As mentioned before the high C battery is key for these 550 motors.

Shot with race body on. Check out the sweet painted in grille and head lights!
Thanks to Greg at Gregs Graf-x for all of my paint work including the box body.

Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-scte-peck-nitro-challenge-1.jpg  
Old 03-06-2011, 09:08 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pete G
I am using Teamscream 6000mah 60c after a 5 minute qualifier it took 2200mah I havent checked it after the 8 minute main I will post this week when I check it

To get a 100% accurate #'s you should charge it Immediately off the track, Not a day or 2 later when some voltage has stabled itself and will take a little more/less then it would have Right after the race.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Casey, what chassis is that you? it's not black
Old 03-06-2011, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fireflysti
Prototype, before the production truck was released they used chassis without anodizing.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaseyP
Hey guys, I though I might share a few pics of how my truck exactly how it came off the track from the main

Here are the AKA super soft Gridirons that I ran for 1 practice run, all through qualifing, and the A main. Barely knocked the edge off

Novak 4.5 geared 15/40 came off the track at 135 after 8 minutes

Havok Pro SC speedo. Ran around 110 except the one run that the fan fell off. Do your self a favor and don't use the provided plastic fan screws. I ended up using 2 - 2mm screws to securely fasten the fan down to the heat sink. You will have to put them both in the same side. If you try to put them in diagonal from each other you will warp the fan case and put the fan blade in a bind

Xcelorin 60C 6000 battery was awesome all weekend! had enough mah to go 10 if need be. As mentioned before the high C battery is key for these 550 motors.

Shot with race body on. Check out the sweet painted in grille and head lights!
Thanks to Greg at Gregs Graf-x for all of my paint work including the box body.

Thanks for million for posting up and showing support. Great job at the Nitro pit. I bought the truck because of it! Thanks again!
Old 03-06-2011, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

how are those xcelorin batteries? where i race know one has them and wondering if they are good.

I loved my first truck so much i got another lol (on the right)

Old 03-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fireflysti
Originally Posted by SaladFork
Prototype, before the production truck was released they used chassis without anodizing.
Yep same one I have been running for quite some time. But I have a new one to test out for Ryan.

Originally Posted by jerryboy318
Thanks for million for posting up and showing support. Great job at the Nitro pit. I bought the truck because of it! Thanks again!
No problem! And thank you! It was awesome to do well at the first major race since the release. Especially with a truck that I had involvement with and bares my paint scheme.
Man It's hard to keep up over here on rctech. I think you guys added 30 pages in a few days! It's easier to keep up over on rcshortcourse. But to all that want to, please feel free to PM me any questions since it is hard to go back 30 pages to find the all of them that are directed at me. I don't want anybody to think that I ignored any questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.