Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 08:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Between all new gears going into RTRs and no new part# to differentiate between new and old versions, I'd guess it will be January before anyone that has already bought this truck will see new gears. I've owned the truck for six months and everything wheres out eventually. Why not earmark some of those for replacement parts so we can get our hands on them?
Old 10-19-2011, 08:54 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheRevolution
Nice, thanks for the heads up! So is Losi gonna hook us up with these, or am I, and everybody else gonna need to shell out a bunch more cash to replace all six of the diffs I have for this thing?
There really is nothing "wrong" with the current gears. They work fine and all of use have had good luck with them. Most all gear failures were due to the first batch bad pins. The current gears work fine. Let them break in a little and they should smoothen out on there own just fine. The new replacement gears are just higher quality. Another sign Losi is always working to improve there product. Again nothing really wrong with the current gears.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Nice, thanks for the heads up! So is Losi gonna hook us up with these, or am I, and everybody else gonna need to shell out a bunch more cash to replace all six of the diffs I have for this thing?
Here we go again
Old 10-19-2011, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

see below

Originally Posted by StPete40
Between all new gears going into RTRs and no new part# to differentiate between new and old versions, I'd guess it will be January before anyone that has already bought this truck will see new gears. I've owned the truck for six months and everything wheres out eventually. Why not earmark some of those for replacement parts so we can get our hands on them?
We will not be replacing gears for all those using the truck for months and even years now just because we made a new mold. It was time for a new mold, thats all. The old gears work great and since we fixed the pins, I have heard very little of any issues with the diffs. Parts wear out and that includes gears inside diffs, so if you have some that have worn, you may want to pick some new ones up. Whether you get the existing ones or the latest mold ones, both work great.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Why would you even think that ? As Hacker07 and Casper have said there isnt anything wrong with the old gears , I have been running the same gears in my diffs since I bought the truck from the very first release date (Changed out the cross pins after only a few runs though.) and they are still looking good , I did change the ring and pinion though as it did wear out after many packs through the truck . BTW there are only 3 diffs on the truck (Front/Center/Rear) so IDK where you get 6 from ?
Old 10-19-2011, 09:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Divey
Finally got to run the truck today and it ran pretty well. Using a MMP/3800 geared at 15/40 it came off at over 170*F on both motor and esc. The esc fan does not work so maybe that could contribute to the higher temps. Should I gear down to a 13 tooth or stay where it's at. Other than that there were no issues at all. Truck feels very planted and very easy to drive.

Terry
I'm running that same setup, MMP/3800, 15/40 and so far the hottest during summer on a 90* day was 150* and so far with our indoor season, it's only been 130* after 7min Amain.

I would say how is the connection of the battery, alot of people seem to have issues with the Deans plugs. I know I've replaced a couple of deans cause of bad connection/solder joint.

Check your driveline to make sure everything spins freely and that you dont have a bad bearing somewhere as well.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Fr/Rr gearbox set - LOSB3104

I just wanted to give an update as I was down in QC and they are checking in Fr/Rr gearbox sets and I know some of you were looking for them so they should be back in stock within the week at your local shops.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:32 AM
Tech Regular

I have had my Losi for 2 weeks now and haven't gotten to drive it yet because my LHS don't have shit for parts so I have to order everything online and im waiting on a dumb reducer for the mod 1 pinion to work with my older version Castle 3800kv. Everyone keep your fingers crossed my Parts come into today so I can drive this truck its killing me...
Old 10-19-2011, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hacker07
see below

We will not be replacing gears for all those using the truck for months and even years now just because we made a new mold. It was time for a new mold, thats all. The old gears work great and since we fixed the pins, I have heard very little of any issues with the diffs. Parts wear out and that includes gears inside diffs, so if you have some that have worn, you may want to pick some new ones up. Whether you get the existing ones or the latest mold ones, both work great.
I don't recall asking for a handout. You advertised new gears, had someone here review them (favorably) and now say they aren't any different functionally than the old style. You are in the business of selling stuff. My wife would say I'm in the business of buying stuff. This is a purely discretionary expense and I want the latest parts, within reason. I've owned the truck for 6 months and give it way too much attention for a 42 year old man with a wife, a dog, a mortgage and two car payments. It would seem a small concession to current customer loyalty to make some of the new parts available.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:43 AM
Tech Prophet

They will be available. They old gears were fine. The old mold wore out and the new one is better. Call it a process improvement. Just because something was good enough before does not mean it could not be better. There is nothing functionally wrong with the current gears. They fit, work and hold up to abuse. The new ones have a litle better finish on them and seem to mesh just a touch better. Great. A benefit ot all the replace them. That does not mean Losi needs to hand out new gears to everyone? Just because something was improved does not necessarily make the thing it replaced defective.

We all spend too much on our toys. If it was not R/C cars it would be jet ski's or paintball or bars or pick another vice.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Casper
They will be available. They old gears were fine. The old mold wore out and the new one is better. Call it a process improvement. Just because something was good enough before does not mean it could not be better. There is nothing functionally wrong with the current gears. They fit, work and hold up to abuse. The new ones have a litle better finish on them and seem to mesh just a touch better. Great. A benefit ot all the replace them. That does not mean Losi needs to hand out new gears to everyone? Just because something was improved does not necessarily make the thing it replaced defective.

We all spend too much on our toys. If it was not R/C cars it would be jet ski's or paintball or bars or pick another vice.

For cryin out loud! One more comment. I'm asking for the opportunity to buy them! Not asking for them to be given to me because I said anything is broken. Pimp them, pump them up on the forum, and then sell them! Don't talk about them for 4 months while you put them all in an RTR box for some kid to buy that doesn't know the difference between Losi and Traxxas.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:50 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by StPete40
For cryin out loud! One more comment. I'm asking for the opportunity to buy them! Not asking for them to be given to me because I said anything is broken. Pimp them, pump them up on the forum, and then sell them! Don't talk about them for 4 months while you put them all in an RTR box for some kid to buy that doesn't know the difference between Losi and Traxxas.
They are coming as fast as they can. The first batches all went into kits and replacements are coming.

Sorry got you confused with TheRevolution post.

Last edited by Casper; 10-19-2011 at 10:00 AM.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Casper
They are coming as fast as they can. The first batches all went into kits and replacements are coming.
K. Thanks
Old 10-19-2011, 09:56 AM
Tech Adept

I switched to emulsion shocks the other day and finally got to run them for the first time last night. They seemed to help a lot! I was running on a big 1/8th track that was pretty bumpy and had large jumps and the shocks seemed to help a lot! I really like the way they feel compared to the normal style of shock.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by stevepowling
I switched to emulsion shocks the other day and finally got to run them for the first time last night. They seemed to help a lot! I was running on a big 1/8th track that was pretty bumpy and had large jumps and the shocks seemed to help a lot! I really like the way they feel compared to the normal style of shock.
I did the same a few weeks and my buddies have since converted. I agree with you. They seem very plush and settle very quickly on landing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.