Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 08:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Vegatron75
I'm thinking about jumping ship.

Have all the out of the box problems been solved?

I'm winning w/ the other truck but, I could probably go even faster w/ something that is a little more predictable....
Yup they seem to be fixed. I got my truck in July and I've been running it bone stock since then with no major issues (improper shimming on my part caused a few diff failures, but once they were shimmed right I've had no issues).
Old 10-17-2011, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Asharus
Here's the rod

The team likes to run the plastic front brace with the rear torque rod on their setups.
Of coarse its out of stock
Old 10-17-2011, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
Doncha hate those greedy SCTE drivers that buy up all of our parts?
Old 10-17-2011, 08:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by stevepowling
Yup they seem to be fixed. I got my truck in July and I've been running it bone stock since then with no major issues (improper shimming on my part caused a few diff failures, but once they were shimmed right I've had no issues).
I took apart my diffs this past weekend and the pins in all my diffs were rusty around the center. Even the smaller pins are rusted. Is this normal? I used motor spray to clean the grease off of it and that was it. I am thinking of using the chrispins but prefer to stick with losi parts. The gears are in great condition.

In the interim I'm going to clean the rust off using a dremel and stick it back in the diffs. I bought a 3rd or 4th shipment kit so I hope the pins are hardened! I plan to run these for a bit then rebuild with the diff gear set.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by khannibal
I took apart my diffs this past weekend and the pins in all my diffs were rusty around the center. Even the smaller pins are rusted. Is this normal? I used motor spray to clean the grease off of it and that was it. I am thinking of using the chrispins but prefer to stick with losi parts. The gears are in great condition.

In the interim I'm going to clean the rust off using a dremel and stick it back in the diffs. I bought a 3rd or 4th shipment kit so I hope the pins are hardened! I plan to run these for a bit then rebuild with the diff gear set.
Everything in my diffs oxidized when I cleaned out the grease with motor spray. Practically before my eyes as the grease came off the gears an pins showed oxidation.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Grandturk
Everything in my diffs oxidized when I cleaned out the grease with motor spray. Practically before my eyes as the grease came off the gears an pins showed oxidation.
That's exactly what happened to me... again, the gears came out fine though. What did you do??
Old 10-17-2011, 08:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

is anyone running the new jcon hiflow body? im thinking about getting one but not sure how it stacks up to the flotek. it has less vents but a swiss cheese body isnt always good.

with the weight of the scte, it brings itself down fairly well and better than other trucks. BUT how much better is the hiflow?
Old 10-17-2011, 09:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by khannibal

This did happen to me but only because I had the old pins in the truck originally. Now with the new Losi pins they seem to be ok with no rust. I also don't clean my diffs with any sort of fluid, I just use a rag and some q-tips to get all the old grease out.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pvd brett
is anyone running the new jcon hiflow body? im thinking about getting one but not sure how it stacks up to the flotek. it has less vents but a swiss cheese body isnt always good.

with the weight of the scte, it brings itself down fairly well and better than other trucks. BUT how much better is the hiflow?
Didnt have the best luck with the JConcepts Manta body I ran. It seemed very fragile compared to the stock Losi. The stocks lexan is thinner in comparison but I believe its a good thing. It provides more flex and is much lighter overall.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
Moogumby , how big of a track ? On an indoor tight track I would run a 12T on a bigger outdoor track a 14-15T
its a track thats only around once a year. and my first time on it but im going to say a large 1/8th scale indoor track.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
You don't need that anyway,your truck is already fast
Old 10-17-2011, 10:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by hacker07
I think I am having withdrawals from my SCTE. I have been helping the guys run 5ive's the last few weeks and my poor SCTE is just sitting there. It will get its time over the next few weekends though.
wish that was my excuse for letting my truck sit on the shelf, lol!!

love to get my hands on one of those, even for a little while!!
Old 10-17-2011, 10:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Moogumby
its a track thats only around once a year. and my first time on it but im going to say a large 1/8th scale indoor track.
Mark, which track you speaking of? Local?
Old 10-17-2011, 10:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JASF4I
Mark, which track you speaking of? Local?
Unfortunatly no.. but i am talking about the Mapston race in spokane.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:16 PM
Tech Regular

When is it, Whats the track like?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.