Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slash24
it didnt seem to rub at all when you turned all the way to the left?
it still does, but only slightly. it rubs on the spot close to the hex.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jedev
How is the stiffness of the AKA SC10 wheels compared to the stock Losi's? I have tried the DE's but they are too flexible.
no clue. I havent run them, only the de's
Old 09-18-2011, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
So...your truck works great but because there is some slop, you are getting super frustrated...the lightened outdrives help due to tolerance. The best thing to do to help with some of the slop is to take either your existing diff case or a new one and glue those metal inserts into the case. This will help some of what you are referring to as slop. Keep in mind they will always move some as you have a short distance that has to have clearance to spin and then a long outdrive or portion outside the diff case. So, there will always be some amount of slop there.
Havent really had any issues myself but im curious on exactly how to "glue" the diff inserts. Do u ca the cups then quickly install the inserts into place?
Old 09-18-2011, 08:39 PM
Tech Regular

urgggg i cant wait to get my truck now and get it set up and racing. i hope everything is in stock so it ships right awayyy
Old 09-18-2011, 09:05 PM
Tech Regular

does the Losi rear torque rod selling in Amain is the same as which Evans using ???
the one selling in Amain seems shorter than the one in Evans car.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro0619
Havent really had any issues myself but im curious on exactly how to "glue" the diff inserts. Do u ca the cups then quickly install the inserts into place?
I put a thin bead of ca glue in the cup then insert the insert and wipe up any excess. Just make sure to fit the insert in all the way or it will never mesh right.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Anybody thinking about getting rid of their SCTE for an 1/8 e truggy? http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...losi-scte.html
Old 09-18-2011, 11:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (98%+)

I have to say I love the TEN SCTE

I didn't race very good on my first race this past Friday, but figured out the truck and was wheeling it tonight.

I picked up 2nd place tonight - missed out by a second or so at 702 Raceway, Las Vegas, NV. Had a blast.

Here's the A Main results/lap sheet: http://www.liverc.com/view_result_fi...T_(A_Main).xml

and then a picture after the race with my big brother who I beat tonigth after he beat me Friday night.
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-picture1.jpg  
Old 09-18-2011, 11:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jasontraci
I have to say I love the TEN SCTE

I didn't race very good on my first race this past Friday, but figured out the truck and was wheeling it tonight.

I picked up 2nd place tonight - missed out by a second or so at 702 Raceway, Las Vegas, NV. Had a blast.

Here's the A Main results/lap sheet: http://www.liverc.com/view_result_fi...T_(A_Main).xml

and then a picture after the race with my big brother who I beat tonigth after he beat me Friday night.
Nice work man. I also just started racing my SCTE, pulled off 3rd in beginner 4wd SC last night and the truck ran great after I fixed my front CV
Old 09-19-2011, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Couple of qualifiers from the Short Course Showdown Finals this weekend in Dallas.

It was a Dustin Evans clinic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKCMwYWUdYM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guxmf8NcZ-A

Shot them with my phone, don't blame me for any glitches, blame Apple.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

i asked this a while back and i don;t think it got a response, I hope no one minds the bump. I am about to tear my diffs down again and the gears are cooked so I want to put in whatever set is going to hold up the best, thanks!!

Originally Posted by nitrobandit
Does anyone have any feedback on the OFNA diff gears that has been running them for a while now. My original losi gears are toast and I have a set of OFNA gears gears here waiting to go in. Wondering if I should swap to the OFNA's or wait on getting a set of the new Losi replacements. I want the best setup that will last without rebuilding for a while.

Thanks!
Old 09-19-2011, 06:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

I have not ran the Ofna gears but I can tell ya the newest set from Losi are great . I had an original release of the truck and my new one is the latest release . The new one has no sign of wear on the pins or the gears .
Old 09-19-2011, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Marco926
does the Losi rear torque rod selling in Amain is the same as which Evans using ???
the one selling in Amain seems shorter than the one in Evans car.
There is only one we offer and its LOSB2426.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer
ran my scte today with tlr chassis and 4600 pro 4 motor. Changed my set up a little, went to 30 wt shock oil all around with 4 pistons in rear 3 up front. ran it with 28/31 ride height. Truck felt good, little bouncy and traction rolled. dropped my ride height to 28 all around. Truck felt great after that. Ended up TQ and won. very happy with this set up. pro 4 motor did great geared 13 i came off at 137 after 8 min main. Thats with 80 CL, 50 break,0 timing.
i wish i had the same results as you. i did the same exact things you did this week (with the addition of converting to emulsion), same gearing. i only qualified 4th and finished 4th it was my first time at the track and it was an 8th scale track with the majority of the racers being nitro. it was definitely the most challenging track i've been to. i did even worse in 2wd sc, qualified 2nd and finished 7th. i'm hoping it was a timing system issue, since i don't remember 5 guys passing me during the main

during practice, I cased a difficult triple and my rear driveshaft popped out of the center diff. i know people have complained about this but it's the first time it's happened to me, and it was definitely my fault because i landed on the jump dead center on the chassis. i wonder if getting the torque rod would prevent that from happening again, due to it's location being closer to the center? i tried flexing the chassis on my knee and it does flex a lot. i'm currently running the stiff aluminum braces front and rear.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Asharus
i wish i had the same results as you. i did the same exact things you did this week (with the addition of converting to emulsion), same gearing. i only qualified 4th and finished 4th it was my first time at the track and it was an 8th scale track with the majority of the racers being nitro. it was definitely the most challenging track i've been to. i did even worse in 2wd sc, qualified 2nd and finished 7th. i'm hoping it was a timing system issue, since i don't remember 5 guys passing me during the main

during practice, I cased a difficult triple and my rear driveshaft popped out of the center diff. i know people have complained about this but it's the first time it's happened to me, and it was definitely my fault because i landed on the jump dead center on the chassis. i wonder if getting the torque rod would prevent that from happening again, due to it's location being closer to the center? i tried flexing the chassis on my knee and it does flex a lot. i'm currently running the stiff aluminum braces front and rear.

The Torque rod will certainly help with this...did this happen with the stock chassis or an aftermarket one?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.