Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 08:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

Originally Posted by lowroad
the truck, radio, speed control, and hop ups are all also made overseas, and losi is owned by horizon, an overseas company. How's that for logic?
And the "local" battery suppliers are also getting their batteries made in China and putting a sticker on the case. I highly doubt any Lipo cells are being made in USA, maybe the battery is assembled here, maybe even placed into a case in the US (though the case is probably china also).
Old 09-12-2011, 08:50 AM
Tech Regular

As I was rebuilding my car for last weekends race I noticed that I had to double up the gasket on the center diff (new rebuild kit) to keep it from binding. I also found that I had to be real careful as to how much I tighten them down. I now believe that is what my random spin outs were coming from. I think that the rear (most likely) or center diff would bind or lock intermittently. Anyone else dealing with this?
Old 09-12-2011, 08:51 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kokoyang
Hello…an ESC, motor, and gearing question please…

I raced last Friday and ran with 2 guys with really fast trucks that could clear 2 jumps that are far away from each other. My truck jumps fine…well until I ran with them. I’m quite certain they are only running 2s since I don’t think larger lipo packs will fit in their truck.

My Ten-SCT is running a Novak Ballistic 4.5t with Tekin RX8, 15t pinion and 2s 5500 60c packs (I geared down to 14t pinion in hopes of increasing torque for smaller jumps). My question is, for those of you running the same (or similar) set-up, do you add boost to your ESC?

I appreciate any help and ideas on this…Thanks! =)
Where were you racing?

you are running a pretty good setup with that combo. What are your ESC settings for advance timing and current limiter?
Old 09-12-2011, 08:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Casper
No one has 22T shocks yet! It would be an option with minimal modification to shock mounts and stuff like that.

TLR tune kit adds strength to some area's (towers and hubs) as well as tuning options to get the most out of the truck (shock tops for emulsion shocks and adjustable pivot mounts.) So it does help. Most people that run the truck competativly have chosen most if not all of these upgrades for there trucks.
Thanks for your answers. As usual I couldn't wait and had to get one...
I have the truck and ordered the TLR kit.
On the electronic side I picked a LRP X12L 4.5, LRP TC Spec ESC and 90C Orion pack.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Buzz3
As I was rebuilding my car for last weekends race I noticed that I had to double up the gasket on the center diff (new rebuild kit) to keep it from binding. I also found that I had to be real careful as to how much I tighten them down. I now believe that is what my random spin outs were coming from. I think that the rear (most likely) or center diff would bind or lock intermittently. Anyone else dealing with this?
I would build the diffs to spec and be sure to tighten down the screws as they seal the diff. While it may feel like it is binding in your hand, we recommend breaking them in or really running them at speed int he car to seat everything right. Sometimes those square blocks are tight in the case and so things dont settle into place until you run the diff in teh car.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Where were you racing?

you are running a pretty good setup with that combo. What are your ESC settings for advance timing and current limiter?
Hi Casper…thank you for responding to me.

My truck is the Losi Ten-SCT. I believe my RX8 is running no boost with 80% on the current limiter. The trucks I went against are Associated SC10 4wds. By the way, my ballistic 4.5t also has 0 timing on it.

As I said, it was doing alright with it (in fact I just won a race with that exact set-up about 2 weeks ago)…until I ran with these guys who has really fast trucks!
Old 09-12-2011, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowroad
the truck, radio, speed control, and hop ups are all also made overseas, and losi is owned by horizon, an overseas company. How's that for logic?
Exactly ! And a lot of those more expensive name brand packs are made from the same cells as the cheapie packs are and preform just as well . Is the higher cost worth the warranty ? Well thats a choice each hobbyist has to make for themselves .
Old 09-12-2011, 09:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

My truck is the Losi Ten-SCT. I believe my RX8 is running no boost with 80% on the current limiter. The trucks I went against are Associated SC10 4wds. By the way, my ballistic 4.5t also has 0 timing on it.

As I said, it was doing alright with it (in fact I just won a race with that exact set-up about 2 weeks ago)…until I ran with these guys who has really fast trucks!
He asked WHERE were you racing. Also, if those guys had sc10 4x4, their trucks are alot lighter and they were probably running the same (or similar) motor as you were. Or they might even have been running the new Tekin Pro4 motor which is not only a lighter motor but also insanely powerful. Laws of physics are working against you, unless you lighten your truck considerably and get a lighter 4pole motor they will just jump farther.

But take solace in knowing that eventually their trucks will break on those jumps and you can win the race.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:12 AM
dtr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chucko
after a few min or searching. g force calculation I found a site that does this for the DMV its easy .. you put in the amounts.. pounds, speed and it calculates the amount of force.. Try it and if they are wrong. let them know
Thanks

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/carcr2.html

That calculator works well after a few tests, maybe you mistyped some data. On the other hand I agree that it is a much more complicated problem with more factors to consider. In the end, however the force the car has to cope with in the case of a flat landing is about the weight of the car multiplied by the height and divided by the shock travel, that can easily be hundreds of pounds. Conclusion: strength is good
Old 09-12-2011, 09:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Where were you racing?

Originally Posted by RedDevil13
He asked WHERE were you racing. Also, if those guys had sc10 4x4, their trucks are alot lighter and they were probably running the same (or similar) motor as you were. Or they might even have been running the new Tekin Pro4 motor which is not only a lighter motor but also insanely powerful. Laws of physics are working against you, unless you lighten your truck considerably and get a lighter 4pole motor they will just jump farther.

But take solace in knowing that eventually their trucks will break on those jumps and you can win the race.
...oh, sorry I missed to answer the "where" question... I was running at Pegasus Hobbies Friday night race.

Thanks again for all your help!
Old 09-12-2011, 09:19 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hacker07
I would build the diffs to spec and be sure to tighten down the screws as they seal the diff. While it may feel like it is binding in your hand, we recommend breaking them in or really running them at speed int he car to seat everything right. Sometimes those square blocks are tight in the case and so things dont settle into place until you run the diff in teh car.
I press the blocks in with needle nose pliers and I run the car side to side on two wheels to set the gears. It's not that they were notchy when I tightened them, they would bind or lock up completely. Maybe I used too much gorilla but I am trying to keep the fluid in. The double gasket worked this weekend. I need to go over the car tonight and see where I stand.

The reason I brought this up is because I was having times when the car would randomly spin out going down the straights as well as anywhere else. Being a novice I thought it was something I was doing wrong driving as I trusted the car. It was like the car would have a mind of its own at times as I couldn't figure out what I did to cause that reaction. I never felt it happen this weekend but who knows what might pop up from how I built these things.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:37 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

you can't run boost with the RX8 (it will not run Senored only mode) but you can run advance timing and it will help get some more out of the motor.

Try this setup as it should give more power.
http://www.teamtekin.com/hotwire/ESC...4_4.5_v212.pdf

Did they change the layout out there at Peg. I can't remember a tough or long double last time I was out there.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 226 (100%+)

Hi Casper,

Would you be able to take a picture or scan and email me the instruction for the adjustable hinge pin holders? I misplaced it and I am trying to adjust the antisquat and toe for the rear suspension.

And Toe for the front suspension is adjusted through the turnbuckles so the only setting I can change with the front is the antisquat correct?

btw: I have the Losi aluminum holders front and rear.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

you can't run boost with the RX8 (it will not run Senored only mode) but you can run advance timing and it will help get some more out of the motor.

Did they change the layout out there at Peg. I can't remember a tough or long double last time I was out there.
Thanks for the suggestion =)

I believe they changed the layout about a month ago... the jumps isn't really difficult, only a short "runway" for momentum and a table-top followed by a smaller jump maybe about 5-7 feet away. This is the one I couldn't really clear. I do a decent 2 jump but it'll really be an advantage to clear both on one effort =)

...have you tried the new Tekin Pro-4s? are they really that much difference?

Thanks again for your input!
Old 09-12-2011, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

do you recommend this setup for a 4 pole 4600 as well?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.