Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by StPete40
+1 on the truck Jeff. Looking good. Jane Fonda couldn't have taken more weight off that thing!

Thank You Dan, I wish I could shed some weight off myself with titanium and a dremel ?

Originally Posted by SaladFork
Bondo, your truck looks dialed!!
Thanks Pal !

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
I think all shock socks do is trap dirt and bind up the spring , worse idea than the rubber boots IMO .
These socks are for Truggy springs purchased via Fleabay that I cut down, they fit loose/barely snug and seem not to cause any binding that I can tell ? Trapping dirt; most guys tear down their trucks down after every race day anyway so I think shaking out the spring with sock is gonna be easier and last far longer than the the boots that rip from breathing on them IMO ?

Copied SCTE thread on Losi forum

FYI - Spring rates for LOSB 2959 Front set
Green - 3.6
Blue - 3.9
Black - 4.2
Purple - 4.5

Spring rates for LOSB 2963 Rear set
Red - 2.7
Orange - 3.0
Silver - 3.3
Green - 3.6

Where does the Front Gold springs fall in here with it's rating ? I tried comparing by hand and find it difficult to acomplish this. They seem to be the same as the Blacks (like BL420)
Old 08-14-2011, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Copied SCTE thread on Losi forum

FYI - Spring rates for LOSB 2959 Front set
Green - 3.6
Blue - 3.9
Black - 4.2
Purple - 4.5

Spring rates for LOSB 2963 Rear set
Red - 2.7
Orange - 3.0
Silver - 3.3
Green - 3.6
Looks like front page material
Old 08-14-2011, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bondonutz
Thank You Dan, I wish I could shed some weight off myself with titanium and a dremel ?

Thanks Pal !

These socks are for Truggy springs purchased via Fleabay that I cut down, they fit loose/barely snug and seem not to cause any binding that I can tell ? Trapping dirt; most guys tear down their trucks down after every race day anyway so I think shaking out the spring with sock is gonna be easier and last far longer than the the boots that rip from breathing on them IMO ?

Where does the Front Gold springs fall in here with it's rating ? I tried comparing by hand and find it difficult to acomplish this. They seem to be the same as the Blacks (like BL420)
Front golds = new front black spring
rear silvers = new rear orange spring

Those are the only 2 that I know and the only ones I cared about.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

What is everyone doing with ball ends? Mine are wearing really bad. my steering ones have alot of slop in them now. Should i just get the stockers or has someone found something better that the aluminium ones?
Old 08-14-2011, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Asharus
Front golds = new front black spring
rear silvers = new rear orange spring

Those are the only 2 that I know and the only ones I cared about.
THANK YOU
Old 08-14-2011, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default SNR CF Chassis and CF Brace/Steering Linkage Top Plate

Got my SNR 3.7mm carbon Fiber chassis on and did some testing yesterday (I've come to realize, any time we run with something new, we'll just call it testing, kinda like how a doctors business is called a practice ) The hardware went together without any hiccups, all the holes aligned perfectly and the countersunk screws were where they were supposed to be. The ONLY thing that needs attention, is that I didn't heat up and bend the sideguards so they'll fit flush. I'm going to pull them off, put them on my stock chassis, and Steve told me the best way to do it is heat them up with a heat gun (doesn't have to be anything fancy, just a simple $8 from harbor freight will work. Then bend them upwards so they fit flat, the hit them with a blast of Denatured alcohol from a spray bottle and that'll harden and cool them so they'll stay in the position. I've seen 2 SCTE's in person that this method has been used on and they look as if they were made like that and fit perfectly like stock. It certainly lightened my truck up a bit. I have 2 trucks, so I put it on the truck that I'm going to make ultra light. I still have a lot of lightening to go, this one still has the stock towers and hingepin holders on still. so just remember that. Prior to putting the CF chassis on, full RTR weight was 6.69lbs. Here's some pix from yesterday with Chassis installed. I'll give a write up of it's performance later when I get home from surfing in a few hours. But wanted to put this out there for everyone.

Without battery and body (since everyone's bodies and batteries will weigh differently depending on their equipment)

Fully loaded with Battery and body

I also added the front CF chassis brace/steering assembly top plate for a little bling and to tie in all the cf together. I really REALLY like this piece. the new version that's milled out instead of the arrows looks a lot better than the arrows on the original. So whoever it was that suggested it, good call as it now looks a lot more like it belongs there instead of an aftermarket add on. It's a 2 piece design so it eliminates that small plastic piece that I always seem to lose then miraculously find on the ground or under something. The bottom piece is milled to fit perfectly where it meets the front diff housing, then the top piece is milled for the mounting point to the front chassis brace. When you see the pix you'll understand better, but this milling and 2 piece design allow it to sit flat. Also, the top piece is countersunk so you will need to use flat head screws. I prefer this because it looks cleaner. The screws I used are the same size that fit the center diff top plate which I believe are 540-1/2". Here's a few pix. I mounted my transponder on top of there fitting flat across it after I took the pix. I used the silver buttonhead screw that goes into the chassis brace as the mounting screw through the ear on the transponder. Here's the pix.

Underside of two pieces

Mounted

Old 08-14-2011, 10:02 AM
Tech Adept

I wish Losi would separate those new springs. Having to spend 30 bucks to get 2 sets of springs sucks!!!! Losi is becoming a marketing nightmare. Their vehicles are awesome, but this nickel and dime stuff gets irritating. That said I really like my SCTE it's the best 4wd out there right now.
Steve
Old 08-14-2011, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

I've received a couple PM's requesting pictures w/o battery on a scale, here ya go fella's.

I'm still useing stock hardware and a BEC so even a bit more could be lost but I think it's plenty light enough considering my temps have maxed out at 117* after 4 packs back to back on our local indoor track WOOT !

Old 08-14-2011, 10:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bondonutz
I've received a couple PM's requesting pictures w/o battery on a scale, here ya go fella's.

I'm still useing stock hardware and a BEC so even a bit more could be lost but I think it's plenty light enough considering my temps have maxed out at 117* after 4 packs back to back on our local indoor track WOOT !

What all have you lightened on your car? Seems like the BCE chassis is lighter than the SNR

Eddy
Old 08-14-2011, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by omenwolf
What is everyone doing with ball ends? Mine are wearing really bad. my steering ones have alot of slop in them now. Should i just get the stockers or has someone found something better that the aluminium ones?
I had a bunch of slop in the steering also. As I replace rod ends I'm using LOSA6046 with the stock pivot balls. They seem to hold the rod threads better and have held up well where I have used them.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by E-Eddy
What all have you lightened on your car? Seems like the BCE chassis is lighter than the SNR

Eddy

BCE chassis
HD LW outdrives
Lundsford TiNi Buckles
Chris A. TiNi hinge pins and rear carrier pins.
SnR; drag link,hinge ping holders, CD top plate
Losi CF towers
Hyper/ TT battery tray swiss cheesed
AE Alum Screws
Shortened all wires
No Losi Hard anod aluminum except shock collars and caps
Creative dremeling

Last edited by Bondonutz; 08-14-2011 at 12:29 PM.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez
so was a guy here that said he worked for nasa and was gonna make his own carbon fiber i believe.... oh wait no more
jealous much that you have no skills to do this? i am too lol. already got my chassis bare and hes working on a mold. do not ask me how hes doing it im no engineer

he made a carbon cal induction hood for his mustang show car along with hundreds of other pieces. i have a feeling it should be sick even tho its an "at home job"

not knocking snr but it will be as good if not better

doubt me, idc. lots of talk on internet forums. assholes just always have something to say
Old 08-14-2011, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

I had a bunch of slop in the steering also. As I replace rod ends I'm using LOSA6046 with the stock pivot balls. They seem to hold the rod threads better and have held up well where I have used them.
Dam, I missed that. Just installed new SCTE ends when I swapped ot the TiNi links for my outdoor truck. Fek

O-well, I'll order several packs to have on hand when I wear those out I guess.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

My backyard track is hard packed top soil and my LHS carries proline tires. Im looking for some recomendations for what proline tires would work best on my track in dry dusty conditions and in moist conditions after a good rain. Ive ran the calibers and liked them ok, not as much as AKA enduros. Has anyone tried holeshots or snipers on hard packed dusty topsoil surface? Thanks for any help anyone can offer.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxr300ex
My backyard track is hard packed top soil and my LHS carries proline tires. Im looking for some recomendations for what proline tires would work best on my track in dry dusty conditions and in moist conditions after a good rain. Ive ran the calibers and liked them ok, not as much as AKA enduros. Has anyone tried holeshots or snipers on hard packed dusty topsoil surface? Thanks for any help anyone can offer.
bowties bowties bowties!

if you HAVE to have proline

indoor to outdoor

bluegroove to dusty to sandy

and they last a long time!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.