Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
No cutting necessary, they are a bit long but thats ok, plenty of room in the arm and yes they are 5/40.
Thanks Ryan. I just want to make sure we're on the same page. Are you talking about the HB screws that he linked:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Screw-CW2-CCW2

Or the Losi ones made for the 8ights:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Head-Screw-10
Old 08-01-2011, 12:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Not to fuel the fire too much, but I've owned 2 MMMs, 4 MMPs, and 3 Sidewinders in the past 18 months.. All within about the first 6 months I started racing.. There are maybe one or 2 total that never took a crap on me.. Now I've owned 10+ RS Pros, 8-10 RX8s, and have only had an issuer with one, and it was completely my fault. Once you go red, you never go back.. And I think Randy knows a little bit about what he's talking about.. Just because it wasn't what you wanted to hear doesn't mean it's not worth considering.

That being said, I don't bash one or the other.. I have my favorite, just like everyone does. Castle just did not work for me, and Tekin works wonders.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by WestonSmith
Not to fuel the fire too much, but I've owned 2 MMMs, 4 MMPs, and 3 Sidewinders in the past 18 months.. All within about the first 6 months I started racing.. There are maybe one or 2 total that never took a crap on me.. Now I've owned 10+ RS Pros, 8-10 RX8s, and have only had an issuer with one, and it was completely my fault. Once you go red, you never go back.. And I think Randy knows a little bit about what he's talking about.. Just because it wasn't what you wanted to hear doesn't mean it's not worth considering.

That being said, I don't bash one or the other.. I have my favorite, just like everyone does. Castle just did not work for me, and Tekin works wonders.
+1 for Tekin. Their products are top notch, and their customer service is out of this world.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by godofcable
where are you from? how about Motorama in February? I'm trying to convince 8ight-e to go with me
Ohio.

AND YES!! Motorama is 100% on the list for next season!! Finally have some guys that want to go this year for sure. I raced quads there back in the day, and it was a blast. Hope it's just as fun now as it was back then

The most western race on my schedule for this year is the RAC at McColloughs in PA. The rest are Ohio State Championship races and RC Pro series races, mostly in the southwestern part of Ohio.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

12 hours is nothing. Come on down, it will be fun. Turnout? They said there were 300+ entries last year. I'm guessing 400-500 this year.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley
I thought about going, but it's about a 12 hour drive I was trying to find some car poolers to chip in, but nobody wanted to travel that far. Perhaps next year if this years turnout is good.
Always a good turn out.. pretty big event worth going if you can; best of the best of SC (all types of sc). This is my first year but a whole crew of guys from CRC have gone before, including last years 2wd stock winner (I think it was stock) Brian Winn (aka dumper).

heres the track as 8ight-e ran it at the Pro Series in June.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNgnyXc2wds
Funny enough I was the 6th place finisher in that race, wasn't my best.. but it was ok. Yellow body, black wing. I got caught up a few times on that inside small triple slapping the top of the last jump and getting a weird kick flipping me over.

where are you from? how about Motorama in February? I'm trying to convince 8ight-e to go with me
It's in my planner, as long as the wife doesn't fit I'm going as long as I can share up room/board for the weekend. I can only hit two days of it though not all three. Quals and mains. I don't know why they do 3 day events; it's just too much to give up 3 days w/ travel on top of it.. at least for me.

Originally Posted by WestonSmith

Nobody ever put down tekin or their 1/8 scale esc (rx8) it's a great unit.. and I'd say other than the MMM the most reliable ESC out there (the most for sensored). With that said in the last 2 years I've seen more rx8's blow than any other individual esc, recently though novak is making a move to take that over. Castle's unless used in the wrong application don't seem to blow that often (mmp,sidewinder) but if you dump them in the wrong application or wire them up wrong they can die fast. Most castle mmp's these days require a bec to operate properly,, lame but it does the job well w/ the bec in place. Lots of good reviews on the hobby wing parts recently as well.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
Always a good turn out.. pretty big event worth going if you can; best of the best of SC (all types of sc). This is my first year but a whole crew of guys from CRC have gone before, including last years 2wd stock winner (I think it was stock) Brian Winn (aka dumper).

Funny enough I was the 6th place finisher in that race, wasn't my best.. but it was ok. Yellow body, black wing. I got caught up a few times on that inside small triple slapping the top of the last jump and getting a weird kick flipping me over.

It's in my planner, as long as the wife doesn't fit I'm going as long as I can share up room/board for the weekend. I can only hit two days of it though not all three. Quals and mains. I don't know why they do 3 day events; it's just too much to give up 3 days w/ travel on top of it.. at least for me.
heres one thats even closer and sooner. Rome NY, 8/20-8/21
http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showpo...&postcount=105
Old 08-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Asharus
12 hours is nothing. Come on down, it will be fun. Turnout? They said there were 300+ entries last year. I'm guessing 400-500 this year.
Usually when I travel that far to race, I'm wearing a helmet Thats pretty far for toy cars, lol.

Is that CRC track in Rome NY your guys' home track?

Thats only 7.5 hours, and I think a group of Ashtabula guys go up to that area for an indoor race...don't know if it's there or not though.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley
Usually when I travel that far to race, I'm wearing a helmet Thats pretty far for toy cars, lol.

Is that CRC track in Rome NY your guys' home track?

Thats only 7.5 hours, and I think a group of Ashtabula guys go up to that area for an indoor race...don't know if it's there or not though.
it is, and are they oval guys, your friends? maybe they come out for the Spektrum race they throw every January...people use it as their warmup for the Snowbirds. It gets a huge turnout.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

it is, and are they oval guys, your friends? maybe they come out for the Spektrum race they throw every January...people use it as their warmup for the Snowbirds. It gets a huge turnout.
No, they run offroad. I will have to talk to them about it when I see them later this fall.

Nobody from there going to the race against cancer at McColloughs outside of pittsburg?
Old 08-01-2011, 12:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowroad
Why don't you do a search or two on MMP problems instead of asking everyone here to justify to you why they know the castle is a crap shoot at best? If you got a good one, great, but you don't have to get defensive because people (most with more experience than you) have tried it, and experienced first hand it's inability to function in certain capacities, and do not recommend it. damn.
hmm im looking for answers for my LOSI thats why im in here and i got defensive because its complete bull shit saying it cant run a 17.5t brushless motor and also a fan comment that does not help me at all

your post should be directed to the useless comments that were made to mine

yes ppl on here have more experience than me and i obviously know because im asking you guys the questions

your post does not even help. im looking for the factual reasons why a mmp can run a tenshock motor to its full potential and once again a castle hater comes in with no useful info just bashig

you fan boys need to calm down

and my mmp is a year or so old. does that make it one of the "older better" batches
Old 08-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Asharus
Thanks Ryan. I just want to make sure we're on the same page. Are you talking about the HB screws that he linked:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Screw-CW2-CCW2

Or the Losi ones made for the 8ights:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Head-Screw-10
Im sorry, I was referring to the losi 5/40 reverse threaded screws for the 8.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Dustin Evans - 2011 SC Showdown set-up sheet does not mention which inserts were used on the front aluminum pivot supports. Or did I not look close enough .
Old 08-01-2011, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dag32
Dustin Evans - 2011 SC Showdown set-up sheet does not mention which inserts were used on the front aluminum pivot supports. Or did I not look close enough .
I searched for this a while ago when I got my aluminum holders. I found a post somewhere that says the stock settings are 0 blocks all the way around.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hacker07
Im sorry, I was referring to the losi 5/40 reverse threaded screws for the 8.
Thanks Ryan, I'll pick up a set of the 8ight screws.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.