Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin CRT.5 Brushless

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just so you know we still have some of the Proline Crowd Pleazer bodies, the part number is 40935. Nitrohouse can sell them to you. get em while you can I believe we have about 35 left.

Old 01-04-2011, 12:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Vegatron75
The Crt kit comes w/ a metal spur geared center diff, it can be used but, the SCRT10 comes w/ a plastic spur that's a little easier on the ears, but it's not necessary.
I bought the plastic spur gear but haven't installed it yet. It's going to require some trimming of the chassis since the plastic gear is the same thickness as the width of the hole in the chassis.

Steve
Old 01-04-2011, 01:44 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 42 (96%+)

How do you think this adds up to the Hyper TT???

I have one of these will soo much junk parts, engines and what not
Was wondering if it is worth keeping or just buying the TT??

Thanks guys
Old 01-04-2011, 01:54 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by PsycoB4
How do you think this adds up to the Hyper TT???

I have one of these will soo much junk parts, engines and what not
Was wondering if it is worth keeping or just buying the TT??

Thanks guys
My friend (actually Erik in Sac who posted earlier) just got a Hyper TT. The CRT is obviously a little smaller. First impressions comparing the two vehicles the CRT seems to have beefier suspension but that doesn't mean the Hyper TT suspension isn't up to abuse.

Honestly I'd probably buy the Hyper TT if I was to do it again. We're a little late to the CRT.5 game. It's at the tail end of it's life and parts support, at least in the aftermarket, is going to dwindle or has already dwindled quite a bit.

That said, I think the CRT.5 is going to be a blast to drive and you can always transfer the gear to another truck later.

Steve
Old 01-04-2011, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by baneonrt
I bought the plastic spur gear but haven't installed it yet. It's going to require some trimming of the chassis since the plastic gear is the same thickness as the width of the hole in the chassis.

Steve
I forgot about that. I ended up shifting the motor plate over and had to drill new holes for the engine mounts, and the chassis braces. Trying to lower the cg by laying the battery flat lead to shifting the motor over to get the side to side weight even.

Opening up the original spur gear hole was necessary, good thing is there's not alot of material that needs to be removed.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

My friend (actually Erik in Sac who posted earlier) just got a Hyper TT. The CRT is obviously a little smaller. First impressions comparing the two vehicles the CRT seems to have beefier suspension but that doesn't mean the Hyper TT suspension isn't up to abuse.

Honestly I'd probably buy the Hyper TT if I was to do it again. We're a little late to the CRT.5 game. It's at the tail end of it's life and parts support, at least in the aftermarket, is going to dwindle or has already dwindled quite a bit.

That said, I think the CRT.5 is going to be a blast to drive and you can always transfer the gear to another truck later.

Steve
I have a converted crt.5 and was worried about parts but have found that it shares a lot of the running gear ,almost all breakables with the scrt10 so parts should be around as long as it is. The bodies and centre drive shafts are the only breakables that may slow up i hope.
My crt.5 is converted pro long chassis with scrt10 parts to electrify .I run MMM ,hobbyking 4000kv motor ,4500mah 6.6v life ,15t pinion. Even on life battery the little truck flies it can clear most 1/8 obstacles leaving a smile a mile wide on my face.Great fun
Old 01-04-2011, 02:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SloRacer1080
Ah, nice. That didn't come up for me when I searched. Thank you much. For $75 how can I not get one
My thoughts exactly.... thats why I bought mine haha. Just got it today. These little things are bad ass and an INSANE deal for $75.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Fleshgearf150
My thoughts exactly.... thats why I bought mine haha. Just got it today. These little things are bad ass and an INSANE deal for $75.
The extra wheels included...are they hex or pin drive? They skipped the extra wheels when shipping mine and when they sent more later they sent pin drive wheels.

Just curious...

Steve
Old 01-04-2011, 03:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The extra wheels included...are they hex or pin drive? They skipped the extra wheels when shipping mine and when they sent more later they sent pin drive wheels.

Just curious...

Steve
Mine didnt come with an extra set of wheels either. Should I contact OFNA about it??
Old 01-04-2011, 03:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Fleshgearf150
Mine didnt come with an extra set of wheels either. Should I contact OFNA about it??
Originally Posted by Ebay Ad
Jammin' teamed up with Pro-Line and includes Bow-Tie series treads and an extra set of wheels with the kit.
I'd contact Ofnadave about it. OFNA removed that wording on the Ofna sale shortly after I bought my kit but they still sent the wheels when I asked them about it.

Steve
Old 01-04-2011, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

My kit only had the 4 wheels and tires. Mine came from Ofnadave.

What wheels did they send? More bowties and the stock wheels?
Old 01-04-2011, 03:34 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Vegatron75
My kit only had the 4 wheels and tires. Mine came from Ofnadave.

What wheels did they send? More bowties and the stock wheels?
Just wheels, not tires. Stock wheels but the ones OFNA sent me had the pin drives which will work if you remove the hexes. I opted to just buy a set of hex drive wheels for my spare tires though so I wouldn't have to worry about swapping the hexes out.

Steve
Old 01-04-2011, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

The extra wheels no longer come in those kits, beside I would not use the pin type on the Jammin they don't hold up with the power the mini puts out. Stay with hexes.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

Just wheels, not tires. Stock wheels but the ones OFNA sent me had the pin drives which will work if you remove the hexes. I opted to just buy a set of hex drive wheels for my spare tires though so I wouldn't have to worry about swapping the hexes out.

Steve
Right on. I posted up a video of practice at my local track, with the CRT.5. It's in the first post in this thread. http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-5e-build.html
Old 01-04-2011, 04:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by -R2-
The extra wheels no longer come in those kits, beside I would not use the pin type on the Jammin they don't hold up with the power the mini puts out. Stay with hexes.

Then the ad really needs to be re-worded. I would expect that anybody who ordered and didnt get extra wheels would be able to get them by request right?

Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.