Search

Interesting Editorial: TLR 22 Timing

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
Indoor dirt in Maryland? Where?
Right now the track in Md. that he's referring to is in Gaithersburg, Md. The Owner is Mimi and the track is called "The Track". It's 100x50 and it's an asphalt track indoor with carpeted jumps. We've had at least 50+ people on Sundays and 30+ people on Wednesday nights. She hasn't decided if she is putting in dirt or keeping it as is, but for now it's been lots of fun!

Here is a link to some video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6215...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZGE5...layer_embedded

Enjoy,
Mark
Old 12-21-2010, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tonyv2382
+1 on that

And as for the bashing issue...doing it with ur kids or something like that...no problem its actually a very good thing for kids to get into and for u as a parent to participate in as well. But who in their right mind would go out and buy a full on race machine to bash with their friends? Certainly not me. And if I DID Id buy me a savage Flux or something of the sort that I can beat the snot out of. Placing the TLR in a bashing atmosphere is invalid and no point was made there except to point out the obvious...that you cant and shouldnt bash a car meant purely for racing...although many disagree Im sticking to this point.

Besides doesnt a "SQUID" mean some1 thats slow? Cuz thats the term people I know that race street bikes use for some1 on the track thats just slow lol
I agree with you 100% here. Who in there right mind would bash a 2wd race buggy it is like taking your $300.00 pan car out in the street and beating the $%&# out of it...
Old 12-21-2010, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

2wd is alive and well here 52 races a year

That webside just got a bunch of free hits for nothing... His opinion is soley based on his backyard... It would be the same as me posting reviews and opinions on my site about 1/8thscale... we dont even race them locally.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:46 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
Indoor dirt in Maryland? Where?
it was a nice fun change of pace while bumps was closed for holidays and dirt oval races.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

man if she went dirt, oh the possibilities. she would be better off leaving me now instead of later.... heh

R

PS-agree on the timing, poor choice. 1/10 has for more part really grown into the indoor winter form factor while guys tend to want to go 1/8 or simply do other hobbies during the warm mths. much like onroaders doin rug in winter and asphalt (perhaps nitro) outside in summer.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:13 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by munrath
Right now the track in Md. that he's referring to is in Gaithersburg, Md. The Owner is Mimi and the track is called "The Track". It's 100x50 and it's an asphalt track indoor with carpeted jumps. We've had at least 50+ people on Sundays and 30+ people on Wednesday nights. She hasn't decided if she is putting in dirt or keeping it as is, but for now it's been lots of fun!

Here is a link to some video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6215...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZGE5...layer_embedded

Enjoy,
Mark
Oh, Ok, I know that place and Mimi too. She used to have a store called Toy World in Rockville. Great to see that The Track is still operating. She's been there a loooong time now.