Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting Editorial: TLR 22 Timing

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

How come he didn't say anything about associated using paper clips for hinge pins just bitching about e clips . I run a kyosho zx5 what holds the bevel gear on the shaft an E clip .
Old 12-20-2010, 07:40 PM
Suspended

Thumbs up TLRACING.......................................... .................

Are you kidding me we race Indoors here in Cali all year Round .. Clue Up ..

Bring it Losi We are Waiting here in Cali ..
Old 12-20-2010, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

For the past last 4 week at my local indor track in Maryland, 1/10 buggies were acumulating on avarage +- 25 enteries in this class and growing

I got my self a XXX CR to tie me over until The 22 comes out.

I Backordered The 22 and parts on Horizon through my local LHS
Old 12-20-2010, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tonyv2382
Didnt they come just come out with the 4.1? I dont know much about the AE cars but for a b5 to come it seems too soon. I would like to see what Kyosho comes up with though, if they decide to revise the rb5 sp2 or just come out with a new kit. Either way its all speculation. I think the TLR is going to be a good car, looks good on the track from the vids Ive seen and I wouldnt hesitate to buy one. And if its not to my liking the beauty of it is I can just sell it lol, but overall I would buy the car. Every 2wd platform just looks the same and offers up the same thing, this just looks cool and appealing in every way.
I meant an all together entirely new car. The B4 has been aroung since 2003. The b4.1 is just an update.
The evolution of the xxx buggy.
1. XXX buggy (97') orginal
2. XXX buggy Kinwald edition
3. XXX buggy BK2 edition
4. XXX-CR final version
It's been long enough for this buggy and look forward to the 22.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

we run 2-3 heats of buggy every race night. usually the same amount as the truck classes. And yes we are all year round where we have 3-4 1/10th scale tracks and only 1 1/8th scale track. Hmmmmmm where does this guy get his info? What a moron.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
This is a very important point.........Now I race at a very popular and successful track that's 70 miles from where I live and in my late 30's I am only a little older than the average racer age there. ......

Where did the kids go?
A new indoor carpet offroad track opened this weekend here in Ontario & there was one person under 20 and 90% were late twenties and over. But thinking back to 1991-1993 when I used to race, it was about the same. I was the lone kid amongst a bunch of 30+ guys.

As for the Cub, regardless of his point of view his columns are usually entertaining especially they email responses
Old 12-21-2010, 04:53 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Viat
For the past last 4 week at my local indor track in Maryland, 1/10 buggies were acumulating on avarage +- 25 enteries in this class and growing

I got my self a XXX CR to tie me over until The 22 comes out.

I Backordered The 22 and parts on Horizon through my local LHS
Indoor dirt in Maryland? Where?
Old 12-21-2010, 08:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by BrodieMan
A new indoor carpet offroad track opened this weekend here in Ontario...
Where exactly and what is it called?
Old 12-21-2010, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default Wow...

Man we are a touchy group of people out here on these forums. We get so upset about one person's opinion. Everybody take a deep breath...

Regarding bashing: I have been a dedicated racer for over 20 years now and I enjoy racing of almost every type rather that is carpet, onroad, offroad, oval... No my kids race with me often, but point I want to make here is even for a racer like myself there is still something fun about strapping up an slash with a 4.5 trun motor and beating the crud out of it with the kids... Hitting a little wooden jump wide opne and catching about 10 feet of air and the kids love it. It creates passion and enjoyment so lets first lay off the bashers.

Second: The timing could be better but it is what it is... lets deal with it and move on. I personally am very excited to start racing 2wd buggy again and have not done so in years. I am pumped about picking up the new losi buggy but since I am already racing more offrod indoors I picked up a Cr for a few months used. Great platform to get my feet wet back in the seat. When the new losi comes out I will most likely get one...

Lets all relax and remember we are driving toy cars for fun!!! Racing is great but lets have fun first rather that is at the track or backyard!
Old 12-21-2010, 09:15 AM
Tech Lord

Bashing/bashers are fine. Bashers bashing a racing vehicle in an online review? Not so much.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Who's peddling more BS? Cubby or tech experts that would have you believe that 1/10 buggy is the biggest class going right now.

I think Cubby's editorial was very fair. Basically; the design is stunning and can help resurrect the stagnating 1/10 buggy class but whats with the e-clips and that steering rack?

And who is going to buy them in February with only weeks to go before 1/8 nitro takes over?

Time will tell!
Old 12-21-2010, 10:09 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Ed237
Who's peddling more BS? Cubby or tech experts that would have you believe that 1/10 buggy is the biggest class going right now.

I think Cubby's editorial was very fair. Basically; the design is stunning and can help resurrect the stagnating 1/10 buggy class but whats with the e-clips and that steering rack?
This ^^ is why people are annoyed that a basher would broadcast a review about a new race vehicle, that people would believe it.

#1 2wd offroad is not stagnating, it's doing very well, it just may not be doing as well in your area clearly, Cubby hasn't looked into it. Indoor and outdoor 1/10th offroad is very well attended in many markets where RC racing is the strongest (California, AZ, Florida) TLR knows what they are doing. They would not invest $1000's on developing a new car that they didn't already know would be a successful business.

#2 The E-clips are the correct spec for their location (notice that they are only in the one place). Racers know that e-clips are easier to deal with and replace than tiny set screws that strip out holes in $9 a-arms leaving the racer with no good way to salvage the otherwise part (or find a tiny replacement screw that was lost on the track).

#3 The steering rack is an innovation and a performance improvement. The TLR guys have thoroughly tested it in sandy and dusty contitions with zero problems.

I believed the release was a little late too but have since reconsidered that 2011 is a World's year. Releasing later means more buzz closer to the time when Racers are really excited about the product.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

That dude is a dope. If you read his past articles, they are just as dumb. Everyone I have talked to thinks the Losi buggy will be a big hit.

As far as offroad, 2WD buggy is men's class racing- if you can wheel a buggy, you can wheel on anything...
Old 12-21-2010, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
That dude is a dope. If you read his past articles, they are just as dumb. Everyone I have talked to thinks the Losi buggy will be a big hit.

As far as offroad, 2WD buggy is men's class racing- if you can wheel a buggy, you can wheel on anything...
+1 on that

And as for the bashing issue...doing it with ur kids or something like that...no problem its actually a very good thing for kids to get into and for u as a parent to participate in as well. But who in their right mind would go out and buy a full on race machine to bash with their friends? Certainly not me. And if I DID Id buy me a savage Flux or something of the sort that I can beat the snot out of. Placing the TLR in a bashing atmosphere is invalid and no point was made there except to point out the obvious...that you cant and shouldnt bash a car meant purely for racing...although many disagree Im sticking to this point.

Besides doesnt a "SQUID" mean some1 thats slow? Cuz thats the term people I know that race street bikes use for some1 on the track thats just slow lol
Old 12-21-2010, 04:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
Indoor dirt in Maryland? Where?
+1 Please let me in where it is

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.