Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 08:32 PM
Eli
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 916bdogg
Are the springs Natural black . Has anyone tried stripping them ?
The black is some sort of paint or coating. Id leave them, may have it on there for a reason that im not gonna begin to try to explain
Old 06-14-2011, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Default tlr 22

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
John, are you looking for more ON-throttle, OFF-throttle, or EVERYWHERE steering?
Best described, "more bite" from the front, in the middle of low speed corners. i'd like to use a little less breaking.

I'm also thinking about the 3.5HRC as my set up (tweaked evan's) has a lot of stability and traction with the 3.0/3.5 LRC
Old 06-14-2011, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Corey Bernardo
I have been using the brass kickups and I like them a lot.. I mainly use the 25. I would give it a try, I found the car jumped even better.
Right on, I'm in

Thanks!
Old 06-14-2011, 09:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sterling Racer
Best described, "more bite" from the front, in the middle of low speed corners. i'd like to use a little less breaking.

I'm also thinking about the 3.5HRC as my set up (tweaked evan's) has a lot of stability and traction with the 3.0/3.5 LRC
Have you tried moving the front shocks to the inside hole on the tower?
Old 06-14-2011, 10:07 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sterling Racer

To start, I would keep the LRC block, maybe go from the 4.0 to the 3.5... and go to 25 degree total front caster instead of 30... your medium and slow speed sections will gain more steering throughout the entire corner... wont gain any in the highspeed sections, like the sweeper.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I’m looking for more forward traction coming out of tight 180’s on a somewhat loose outdoor track. I’m running the Evens setup which works great on the local indoor track but not so much on the outdoor track, the car is easy to drive just not that fast.

So far I’ve tried moving the battery back, adding weight to the rear (in the battery compartment) and adding front droop (-2 turns). The only change that I liked was the added droop, I put the battery back and removed the weight.

Here are some of the things that I was thinking of trying for more forward traction.
- Adding more front droop (removing limiters).
- Lighter springs
- Lighter oil
- Moving the rear hubs forward

The tires of choice or DD’s or Hole shots

Anyone with suggestions on what to try first or what worked for them?

-Jeremey
Old 06-14-2011, 11:52 PM
Eli
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jeremey
I’m looking for more forward traction coming out of tight 180’s on a somewhat loose outdoor track. I’m running the Evens setup which works great on the local indoor track but not so much on the outdoor track, the car is easy to drive just not that fast.

So far I’ve tried moving the battery back, adding weight to the rear (in the battery compartment) and adding front droop (-2 turns). The only change that I liked was the added droop, I put the battery back and removed the weight.

Here are some of the things that I was thinking of trying for more forward traction.
- Lighter springs
- Lighter oil

-Jeremey
i would go to a white rear spring or maybe even the grey spring. Moving the hubs forward a mm will help a lot to. if youre running 3mm droop spacer id go to 2mm. 25w rear shock oil and make sure the o-rings are sticking a lot on the shafts. you can insure this by loosening the o-ring cap a little unless you have the low friction o-rings
Old 06-15-2011, 12:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
To start, I would keep the LRC block, maybe go from the 4.0 to the 3.5... and go to 25 degree total front caster instead of 30... your medium and slow speed sections will gain more steering throughout the entire corner... wont gain any in the highspeed sections, like the sweeper.
My car came around when I needed a little more steering into and thru the middle of the corners by going to the HRC 3.5 toeblock, leaving the 5* casterblocks but changing to the 20* kickup for a total of 25* caster as the Cpt just described.
I still wanted just a touch more steering into and thru corners without losing traction exiting and raising the spindles/lowering the chassis with all the spacers under the spindles was just the thing to dial it in on my medium to hi bite clay indoor tracks here.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:41 AM
Tech Addict

Old 06-15-2011, 03:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

- Lighter springs
- Lighter oil

-Jeremey
Go back to kit setup. It is a great starting point. I havn't changed much to mine. It is very consistent. I run on outdoor rough/rutted track.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

- Lighter springs
- Lighter oil

-Jeremey
Ran the Complete Evans set up on an outdoor loose track where those tire's were the tire of choice as well. Here's what I changed and the car was dialed.
-Change shock oil to 22.5 front and rear
-moved rear hubs forward one small spacer
-took off 2mm wheel hex and put stock one's back on
-due to me running a tekin you can adjust current limiter for wheel spin
Old 06-15-2011, 06:32 AM
Tech Master

Have you tried moving the front shocks to the inside hole on the tower?
Yes, thats where it is now. thx

-Jeremey

You might try screwing the rear shock back up assuming they're out 2 turns as on the Evan's set up.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Cool Dustin Evans win at Nor Cal Off-Road Champs!

Dustin Evans wins at Nor Cal Off-Road Champs with the TLR 22 Buggy! Check it out at www.rcinsider.com!

www.rcinsider.com
Old 06-15-2011, 11:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
My car came around when I needed a little more steering into and thru the middle of the corners by going to the HRC 3.5 toeblock, leaving the 5* casterblocks but changing to the 20* kickup for a total of 25* caster as the Cpt just described.
I still wanted just a touch more steering into and thru corners without losing traction exiting and raising the spindles/lowering the chassis with all the spacers under the spindles was just the thing to dial it in on my medium to hi bite clay indoor tracks here.
The 3.5 HRC block also woke up my steering as well (freed up the rear end I suppose). I run on the same tracks as Cuda (medium to high bite clay). Running the Evans setup, but unlike Cuda, I run the 25deg Brass kickup with 5deg caster blocks. Tried the 20deg several times, just not my style I guess. To put it into perspective, prior to this block my best times on the track I run was a 14 lap 5:12 or so. After the block, I got down into the 14 lap 5:02 range. This was the only change to my prior setup.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Sounds great

are you running the brass shim?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.