Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trollface
I was just wondering what type of gas you need for these cars. I am new to racing and any help would be nice

-trollface
They take q16
Old 03-15-2012, 04:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Walkman
Carbide for the diff balls, and Ceramic for the thrust balls.
thanks..
Old 03-15-2012, 06:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ok ive just used the search method and to lose rear side bite from what im understanding is to shorten my rear c/l and add anti squat and raise my ball studs on inside and outside so they have the same spacer under them , the reason im asking is my rear wont rotate i run roots set up with changes that are yllw springs and 27.5 , i lovethe forward trac just need it to rotate more . Thnx for the help
Old 03-15-2012, 08:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jk racing
Stock TLR and Method RC Mirage
Has anybody tried the Mirage with rear motor config? Looks like the rear portion of the bodishell is too low to accomodate the ESC in its original position.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chobin
Has anybody tried the Mirage with rear motor config? Looks like the rear portion of the bodishell is too low to accomodate the ESC in its original position.
It works out fairly well, I'll see if i can get a pic taken. The body fits better on the car with an RS-Pro since it's easier to solder the wires flat.
With a Viper vtx10r

With a Tekin RS-PRO

Both cars
Old 03-15-2012, 08:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by CloseYetFar
What tires are you running? I would say the right tires are like half the battle. I think PL Scrubs and Suburbs with closed cell foams would be good for that environment.
Based on the recommendations from the guys at the track I'm planning to run JConcepts Rips front and JConcepts Bar Codes rear with AKA closed cell foams.

My 11yr old son and I made good progress on it tonight...it reminded me of building my Tamiya Hornet with my dad when I was about his age.

We're going to run in the 17.5 stock class / no timing. I've been told to run a 30t pinion with a 70t spur. Does that sound about right?
Old 03-15-2012, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

Frank roots 2012 reedy setup is money at mikes. I ran super soft rebar fronts with soft square fuzzies rear and aka closed cells all around with uncut 4wd foams upfront. The only thing the setup needs is a little more slow speed steering. I was winning my main until my transponder came loose and locked up my steering. I dnfd 2wd open mod and buggy mod open. All in all a good night.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by augie walker
Based on the recommendations from the guys at the track I'm planning to run JConcepts Rips front and JConcepts Bar Codes rear with AKA closed cell foams.

My 11yr old son and I made good progress on it tonight...it reminded me of building my Tamiya Hornet with my dad when I was about his age.

We're going to run in the 17.5 stock class / no timing. I've been told to run a 30t pinion with a 70t spur. Does that sound about right?
That sounds like a good starting point. I have a 10.5 and im running a 24 tooth pinion and can finish a 30 min session at about 130 degrees F.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CloseYetFar
That sounds like a good starting point. I have a 10.5 and im running a 24 tooth pinion and can finish a 30 min session at about 130 degrees F.
With a 76 tooth spur or??
Old 03-15-2012, 11:03 PM
Eli
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B00t13g
Frank roots 2012 reedy setup is money at mikes. I ran super soft rebar fronts with soft square fuzzies rear and aka closed cells all around with uncut 4wd foams upfront. The only thing the setup needs is a little more slow speed steering. I was winning my main until my transponder came loose and locked up my steering. I dnfd 2wd open mod and buggy mod open. All in all a good night.
Your front foam may be the culprit, try putting in some open cell and see what happens. Also SS rebars can push, try the SS vectars they have a lot more steering. I ran SS rebar fronts last night since our track was still grooving in and they pushed fairly bad, put my gold barcodes back on with nice and broken in closed cell and night and day difference. Hope that helps
Old 03-15-2012, 11:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Eli
Your front foam may be the culprit, try putting in some open cell and see what happens. Also SS rebars can push, try the SS vectars they have a lot more steering. I ran SS rebar fronts last night since our track was still grooving in and they pushed fairly bad, put my gold barcodes back on with nice and broken in closed cell and night and day difference. Hope that helps
Unfortunately our track doesn't ever get to groove :/ the vectars look awesome and I will be giving them a shot soon. thanks for the tips. The track is closed until Monday because of on road nats, but I'll be there bright and early Monday!
Old 03-15-2012, 11:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B00t13g
Used the SS Rebar fronts again tonight at mikes. They worked much better and did not push as bad with the 2wd fronts instead of the 4wd. The vectors also work really well. I was using those until they became worn out. The track is in really good shape right now as long as it doesn't get over watered.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:15 AM
Eli
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RShockley
Used the SS Rebar fronts again tonight at mikes. They worked much better and did not push as bad with the 2wd fronts instead of the 4wd. The vectors also work really well. I was using those until they became worn out. The track is in really good shape right now as long as it doesn't get over watered.
Were your vectors just looking worn out or did they start to push some? mine are fairly worn but work great still and i know some at my local track are running theirs and they're practically bald
Old 03-16-2012, 12:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eli
Were your vectors just looking worn out or did they start to push some? mine are fairly worn but work great still and i know some at my local track are running theirs and they're practically bald
I still use them sometimes. Even though they are almost bald they still get great traction in the right conditions. Add a little bit of buggy grip and they work great.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:54 AM
Tech Master

Default Slipper improvement

For those looking for a bit better slipper engagement might want to try this. I took the red spacer from behind the slipper plate and replaced it with a inner race of a blown wheel bearing. The bearing race is 2 mm thicker than the red spacer so the spring can now be compressed further than previously before. This mod will bring the whole slipper out 2 mm further from the motor but should encounter zero clearance issues.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.