Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 02:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chaseman1
I raced a xx-t and a xx at MnM hobbies in Corona, Ca. I was pretty young then I think 6th or 7th grade
where u race now?? revelations??
Old 02-22-2012, 02:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dougoilman661
Do you guys prefer the TLR nut type hingepins or the e-clips ones? How likly are the eclips to pop off in a race?
I never had an issue with the clips coming off but if you want to change the rear hub spacing the clips are a pain in the ass. Also with the nuts you can use them to keep the play in the hub to a minimum, just don't tighten them all the way or it will bind.

The threaded pin is the same size and interchangeable with the kyosho RT5/SCR FYI.

Last edited by Jeremey; 02-22-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jeremey
I never had an issue with the clips coming off but if you want to change the rear hub spacing the clips are a pain in the ass. Also with the nuts you can use them to keep the play in the hub to a minimum, just don't tighten them all the way or it will bind.

The threaded pin is the same size and interchangeable with the kyosho RB5/RT5/SCR FYI.
well thats what i thought he was talking about..captured FTW! or u can just get the NUTZ! choose wisely..
Old 02-22-2012, 07:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Cool

I just picked up a barely used 22 with a tekin rs esc, and the tekin 17.5 redline motor. Was wondering what the best way to go about boost and timing and what not. I don't know much about running these type of sensored systems. But I Do have the hotwire . Any ideas on how is should go about trying to get the most outa this 17.5. The track is tight but fast with medium jumps. No esc rule and I wanna get it running hard but not hot!! Lol. Thanks
Old 02-22-2012, 07:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by killshot01
I just picked up a barely used 22 with a tekin rs esc, and the tekin 17.5 redline motor. Was wondering what the best way to go about boost and timing and what not. I don't know much about running these type of sensored systems. But I Do have the hotwire . Any ideas on how is should go about trying to get the most outa this 17.5. The track is tight but fast with medium jumps. No esc rule and I wanna get it running hard but not hot!! Lol. Thanks
I would try sensored mode only with 25 degrees of boost, no turbo boost. Current limiter at 85%. Run for 5 mins and check your temps. See if you want to go faster or slower from there.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I'd go blinky or low boost. I've been playing around with the boost settings and a 17.5 in my buggy and haven't been able to find anything I like. I keep going back to blinky mode because it's plenty fast and much smoother. I'm thinking low boost is the key, running ~50 boost is so much and just makes it harder to drive.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by seth556
I'd go blinky or low boost. I've been playing around with the boost settings and a 17.5 in my buggy and haven't been able to find anything I like. I keep going back to blinky mode because it's plenty fast and much smoother. I'm thinking low boost is the key, running ~50 boost is so much and just makes it harder to drive.
. Thanks for the input. I think I comprehend everything but "blinky mode". What exactly is that ??
Old 02-22-2012, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

. Thanks for the input. I think I comprehend everything but "blinky mode". What exactly is that ??

Blinky = No boost

If your ESC has a blinky mode, it will blink the leds to show there is no ESC timing.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:55 PM
Tech Regular

i think u will need the hot wire to program and update firmware to advance timing or you will be stuck on duo mode..so you will need a hot wire to do any boosting or timing..
Old 02-22-2012, 09:39 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dirk thomas
what battery post did you use to run the b4 batt. strap?
Sorry dirk, I missed your post..The ones I got the car with were from an axial wraith I believe, but I recently swapped them out for a set of plastic ones, as they (alum) seemed a bit rigid to me, plastics seem to flex a little more but they were something I found laying around..
Old 02-22-2012, 11:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by e_lu_sive1
where u race now?? revelations??
I run all the socal tracks at least once a week. Lately Ive been running at Airland for the shorter drive from Lake Elsinore. Going to start a rotation program of a different track every weekend with my pals. There is so many tracks its dumb to stick to just one
Old 02-23-2012, 06:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by shark2288
Im trying everything to get the rear on this car planted. It just doesnt seem like it wil ever have the rear traction of the rb5 wc i drove the other night. That car has awesome rear traction. I spoke with one of the tlr sponsored drivers at my track and he even said that its like driving on egg shells wigh this car. He's really good, so he can still win with it. Im not that good. Middle to upper B main guy. I would hate to switch cars right now, but im thinking the kyosho my fit my driving style better. Anyone one have an opinion on these 2 cars?
Car looked good the other nite Vin..middle of the B?..check your times again. You were only a few seconds from middle of the A kid. But i agree its not easy to drive and the competition is fierce at IRH. Im in the same boat with the RB5 but trying to hang in there with the 22. Next time we're at the track try my setup see if it works.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:16 AM
Tech Regular

I run all the socal tracks at least once a week. Lately Ive been running at Airland for the shorter drive from Lake Elsinore. Going to start a rotation program of a different track every weekend with my pals. There is so many tracks its dumb to stick to just one
did you say all!!! hahaha, thats hardcore par core! that is true, so many tracks so lil time..im out of ventura CA, but love representing at LRH Hobbies..in placentia..a long drive..but well worth it!!!..sometimes we play till "6 in the morning"..whats your guys rotation? i would like to catch a few with fellow 22's..or come thru to LRH Hobbies..lmk
Old 02-23-2012, 08:21 AM
Tech Regular

March 1st were going to ocrc. Just the tracks that run 1/10.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:34 AM
Tech Regular

March 1st were going to ocrc. Just the tracks that run 1/10.
is that JBRL??? i was going to enter..but my skills aren't there yet with the 22 just got it and haven't touched the track yet..im going this friday to LRH Hobbies..They having a race on saturday..ill be dialing the 22 for a while..maybe i can run my SCTE..i haven't been to OCRC yet but heard its very nice! thanks for the invite..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.