Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dyno Dan
I am currently running the rear engine configuration, but I have a mid motor car built up also. I have run the mid motor and it is very, very fun to drive. We are fortunate enought to have our UK and European drivers shaking down the mid motor set-up while we refine the rear motor here in the states. I see alot of people running the mid motor here in the states so we will be testing it to develop a clay-indoor type of set up. I appreciate the aluminum chassis more and more every time I run the car. Precise yet very forgiving. I am surprised with what I can get away with with this car, yet is is still very fast. It is agile yet forgiving. Very fun to drive and inspiring.....
that's cause you built an awesome car Dan!!! Well done again TLR I cannot wait!!
Old 12-29-2010, 08:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Ok,, so i had the car in my hands at the track tonite,, but no matter how much i begged without sounding pathetic i couldnt get them to let me run it!!!
Old 12-29-2010, 08:58 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

the wait is killing me... is there any chance of an early release??
Old 12-29-2010, 09:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by plack75
the wait is killing me... is there any chance of an early release??
the word tonite was still feb,,,
Old 12-29-2010, 09:15 PM
Tech Adept

Default TLR 22 on dusty outdoor tracks

Hello,

I have seen positive feedback on the TLR on clay indoor tracks. And feedback on dusty loomy outdoor tracks? The TLR22 looks like it was taylor made for clay...but how does it do on outdoor US tracks?
Old 12-29-2010, 09:16 PM
Tech Adept

Default TLR 22 on dusty outdoor tracks

Hello,

I have seen positive feedback on the TLR on clay indoor tracks. Any feedback on dusty loomy outdoor tracks? The TLR22 looks like it was tailor made for clay...but how does it do on outdoor US tracks?
Old 12-29-2010, 10:08 PM
AE

Xray Eye:
We did alot of testing at our super secret level 9 security outdoor 1/8th scale track complete with grazing goats. The indoor clay surface wasn't really tested until we announced the car. The clay/indoor track was the big unknown. I am very pleased with the car indoors, but the more blown out, bumpy the track is, the more the car really shines. I loved chasing an 1/8th scale around with it....and the goats

MemyselfandI:

Thank you, we have a great team behind this car
Old 12-30-2010, 07:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dyno Dan
Xray Eye:
We did alot of testing at our super secret level 9 security outdoor 1/8th scale track complete with grazing goats. The indoor clay surface wasn't really tested until we announced the car. The clay/indoor track was the big unknown. I am very pleased with the car indoors, but the more blown out, bumpy the track is, the more the car really shines. I loved chasing an 1/8th scale around with it....and the goats

MemyselfandI:

Thank you, we have a great team behind this car
Glad you said goats and not sheep

I've had the chance to talk with a couple TLR guys at WCRC and drool over the car. Looks to be a very promising platform and TLR does have a cool group of people behind the development, not just the Pros. Glad to see Team drivers who are willing to help and answer questions like in the old days of RC. We need more of that to help promote the hobby/sport.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JustMe2

I've had the chance to talk with a couple TLR guys at WCRC and drool over the car. Looks to be a very promising platform and TLR does have a cool group of people behind the development, not just the Pros. Glad to see Team drivers who are willing to help and answer questions like in the old days of RC. We need more of that to help promote the hobby/sport.
I have to agree that the team is really helping to promote the company and the hobby in general. I am not a brand specific driver, but I am really wanting to run this buggy and if a 4wd were to come out that is following the cues from the 22, I will be getting them both. I love my RT5 though so it will be staying in the stable Thanks to all the drivers and TLR folks that have been feeding our appetites for info on this car. I may just have to get some TLR attire to promote such fine people!
Old 12-30-2010, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

This car really looks like they took things they learned from 1/8th and applied it to a more durable 1/10th scale car. Considering how light the batteries are now, making the arms and their mounts a little beefier just makes sense, as well as the aluminum chassis material choice and other things.

I only need to see now how it performs on low traction surfaces to decide if we will change over from the B4 to the TLR22.

It is interesting that since we now run vintage races at out local indoor track(The RC Asylum), I can see a "noticeable" and obvious traction advantage for the RC10 over the B4. The B4 has a jumping advantage though, so as always there is a trade off. So it will be interesting to see how it does in the usually slippery clay stuff we race on.

Currently no TL 1/10th series cars to compare to at the races, but I think this car will change that, people love new stuff and to be the first with it.

Jim
W.E.D.
www.wedjim.com
Old 12-30-2010, 10:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JustMe2

Originally Posted by forwardonly
I have to agree that the team is really helping to promote the company and the hobby in general. I am not a brand specific driver, but I am really wanting to run this buggy and if a 4wd were to come out that is following the cues from the 22, I will be getting them both. I love my RT5 though so it will be staying in the stable Thanks to all the drivers and TLR folks that have been feeding our appetites for info on this car. I may just have to get some TLR attire to promote such fine people!
Yeah call me an old schooler, but i like what TLR is doing. Back in the day i was an AE guy, today i would be a TLR guy! I really like the less Corporate/more personal touch TLR is going for!
Old 12-30-2010, 11:39 AM
Tech Rookie

It's great to see all the positive feedback from everyone on the TLR 22 and were TLR is heading as a company. I can tell you that the 22 is an absolute pleasure to drive, and is by far the most fun R/C car I have ever driven. Testing and development has been coming along great, and to have the speed that we do in the car after a month of development is unheard of. All of us will be on here keeping everyone up to date on how everything is going and all new developments.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ghostrider86
Yeah call me an old schooler, but i like what TLR is doing. Back in the day i was an AE guy, today i would be a TLR guy! I really like the less Corporate/more personal touch TLR is going for!
+1 and i cant wait till feb!!!!!!

is it here yet????
Old 12-30-2010, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sst4nbr1
Ok,, so i had the car in my hands at the track tonite,, but no matter how much i begged without sounding pathetic i couldnt get them to let me run it!!!
Yeah Steve I dont think any of us were going to convince him to let us run it.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:18 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ghostrider86
+1.5 (but I was a Losi guy in the 90's... LOL)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.