Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GaRsNoW
Help needed

. I'm running the right tires for my track and still feels like I'm driving on ice. Also, I'm running a full size lipo

Ive let a few people drive it and they both are amazed at the loss of traction it has. When I was running boost and on a long straight the rear end would get loose and before I knew it I was doing 360's.

Any ideas on what to try next?

Also, here's a link to Dustins setup if you want to take a look
http://www.tlracing.com/ProdInfo/Fil...ustinEvans.pdf
If you have the right tires for the track yet it's still that loose then it sounds like something is wrong with the tires themselves. Are you cleaning them with something that's not working with the rubber? traction compounds?

We used to run slicks but if we put the "wrong" stuff on them they'd go from great traction to hard to drive.

Check to see if others are prepping their tires and how they're doing it.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I'm running on high bite indoor clay
And yes I'm using zip grip, just like everyone else
Old 01-02-2012, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I'm running on high bite indoor clay
And yes I'm using zip grip, just like everyone else
How tight is your slipper?
Old 01-02-2012, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Help needed

I'm running an almost brand new 22 and need to find more traction coming out of a turn. When I give it gas while steering the car is wanting to wash out

I'm running Dustin Evans setup to a T, emulsion shocks, and 9.5 with no boost or timing, geared 23/75. I'm running the right tires for my track and still feels like I'm driving on ice. Also, I'm running a full size lipo

Ive let a few people drive it and they both are amazed at the loss of traction it has. When I was running boost and on a long straight the rear end would get loose and before I knew it I was doing 360's.

I have been battling the same issue for awhile now. My car would have pretty good steering and the back end would not have any grip at all. The best advice I could give you is to tighten up your diff a lot more to get the rear end to be more stable, change the rear toe block to 3 degree and to get white springs for the rear. The setup I have been running for awhile now is Frank Roots. It is pretty good. Give it a shot and let us know how it goes. Also, check your slipper pads to see if they are glazed. If they are, sand them down with 600 grit.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Help needed

I'm running an almost brand new 22 and need to find more traction coming out of a turn. When I give it gas while steering the car is wanting to wash out

I'm running Dustin Evans setup to a T, emulsion shocks, and 9.5 with no boost or timing, geared 23/75. I'm running the right tires for my track and still feels like I'm driving on ice. Also, I'm running a full size lipo

I would double check your diff settings? Mine gets sideways anytime I jerk the throttle. I'm hoping my gear diff will eliminate some of that when I get it installed this week?

I have only ran mine for two heat races so far but it really reminds me of driving an onroad car & on carpet it really needed to be driven extra smooth with the Dustin Evans set up.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Can anyone tell me how many shims for an AE XP DS1015 servo ?
Old 01-02-2012, 06:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

tightening the diff and loosening the slipper makes a huge difference on this car. probably the tightest diff i have ever ran on a 2wd but i was having the same issue as u are and was given this advice and it has helped a bunch.

Last edited by sjenkins97; 01-02-2012 at 06:13 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-02-2012, 06:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 3D-Seth
How tight is your slipper?
It's not very tight. People at my track say the AE likes to be a little loose

Originally Posted by ChadB.
I have been battling the same issue for awhile now. My car would have pretty good steering and the back end would not have any grip at all. The best advice I could give you is to tighten up your diff a lot more to get the rear end to be more stable, change the rear toe block to 3 degree and to get white springs for the rear. The setup I have been running for awhile now is Frank Roots. It is pretty good. Give it a shot and let us know how it goes. Also, check your slipper pads to see if they are glazed. If they are, sand them down with 600 grit.
I'm running the 3 degree, and I'll check my slipper pads
Old 01-02-2012, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

I had rear traction issues like that before and mine was usually one of two things my inner rear hub bearings were bad or my shocks emulsion style were not built correctly by bleeding to much oil out and when getting on throttle, when the rear end would squat and one of my pistons would come out of the oil causing it to wash out
Old 01-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

Probably should try 2deg or less antisquat also
Old 01-02-2012, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

If your diff is gritty that will cause traction issues also. The original diff and thrust balls don't last long. A good smooth diff will help.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Justin R
Can anyone tell me how many shims for an AE XP DS1015 servo ?
Anyone ?
Old 01-03-2012, 09:04 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by Justin R
Anyone ?
Use the amount of shims that allows the servo horn to line up (front to rear) under the highest point of the arch under the front bulk head. This will be the proper shimming.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anybody know of a graphite chassis for the 22 other then that over priced one for 240.00 bucks.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

over priced? a 12x12x1/8 peice of cf sells for over $125 at my lhs, which isn't big enough for a chassis, let alot the bent kick up at the front of the chassis. The Akula(sp?) one is your best bet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.