Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Originally Posted by scr8pn4205
Getting into the indoor offroad carpet racing at my local track for the winter. (Damn snow) Just havent read all the post to see what people are running on an ozite track with a few jumps. Any help would be appreciated 22FTW
Most people here for carpet run gold Bar Codes or soft Rebars. If you wanna go eurostyle use some Schumacher Mini Pins (theyre pretty much spec over there)
Old 10-18-2011, 04:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Lol

Originally Posted by alter_ego
DUDE, CHILL OUT A LITTLE. Everything is going to be okay. Get the car, try some different tires, see what works best. It is not a big deal. All of your posts are frantic and sparatic, like a kid with A.D.D. that just mainlined Mt. Dew. If you tell the nice people here on RCTech what Savox servo you have, they can probably tell you if it fits. In closing, PLEASE TAKE YOUR MEDICINE.
Haha your funny as hell man dude you should be a comedian too, think about reading other posts iv made earlier besides jumping in other people's conversations like top dawg or something your not!. I'm not even going to tell you what servo I have, you go back and find that yourself "doctor".. I'm broke and am a single 23yr old father with full custody of both my children I don't have my moms money to throw down on everything I want and be like ow well that don't fit, mommy! just a subcontractor with less work now due to weather. I will need meds when winter gets here and money starts getting low and I have to rely on my savings to get us threw till more work comes along.. But man you have it made don't you doctor? Me and my 4yr old son love rc cars he has a rock crawler and loves it and also loves being my little marshal. But you wouldn't know nothing about that father son bond or what it's like trying to have fun and put a smile on his face watching daddy race. Just trying to be competitive hopping he will be like man my dad has skills when he gets older and I'm not going to be good when I have a 400$ car that handles like a radio suck piece of junk.. That's why I'm skeptic about this!
Old 10-18-2011, 04:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Cut the stupid posts out. Questions/answers/info. Come on already.

Frank, are there any downsides to cutting the esc mount and mounting the ESC down on the chassis? I have shorty's and it looks like I have room from where I mount my battery. Tekin RS. Would I see a good response from the lower center of gravity?
Old 10-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by big chris

Frank, are there any downsides to cutting the esc mount and mounting the ESC down on the chassis? I have shorty's and it looks like I have room from where I mount my battery. Tekin RS. Would I see a good response from the lower center of gravity?
I did this and no problems so far and the car actually feels better on the track .
Old 10-18-2011, 05:01 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

When we originally tested adding a little weight behind the battery, we had added up to 1oz to get the feel we were looking for, but didn't like having all of that static weight. We then tested the same 1oz behind the speedo, and the result was exaggerated because of the high mounting position. We found we could run 1/2oz high to get the same effect as 1oz on the chassis, but with less static weight. The extra roll really seems to help my car, so I am pretty happy the ESC is mounted higher.

There is enough room to test this though, so feel free to give it a go and see if you like it.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tripthreat
Glad to hear it is going well Jason! Have you tried the new JC wing yet?
No, I'm planning on trying it for our SuperCup series in 2 weeks. I will let you know how it goes..
Old 10-18-2011, 05:16 PM
Tech Initiate

+97,694,529. If people want to be rude message me with your hate and let this post be about the 22 who everyone on here loves and let it be.. Thank you Big Chris!
Old 10-18-2011, 05:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Default .....

Originally Posted by Briguy
I did this and no problems so far and the car actually feels better on the track .
A buddy of mine at the track did the same and to the best of my knowledge he's had no problems with his so far.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chad Smith
Wanted to see what you guys did for the crunchy diff. It was butter smooth during building it and breaking it in. Even the first run it was fine. But by the secound battery pack it was horrible. Will the upgraded diff balls help?
Sounds like it loosened on you - which all diffs will do when they are new and breaking in. You need to slightly tighten it after every run through the first 5 packs or so....
Old 10-18-2011, 05:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default carpet oval setup?

Does anyone have any sugestions on a setup for my 22, for oval carpet setup? Our first race is November 1st. Should i switch it to mid motor or leave it rear? If anyone can help me on this, I will be berry greatfull. Thank you.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Finally built my 22 and set her down on my local track, Crispy Critters.
I have been racing 2wd and 4wd buggy since march and doing pretty well in both. Going from the b4 to the 22 was a VERY pleasant surprise. I must say i drove a couple 22's before and freaking hated them but I think their sets up were very far off. Their cars would not get and forward bite, would plow like no other and took jumps like complete shit (if they cleared them)

So I finally took it and OMG my set up works very well and withing a couple laps I was already faster then then I was with the b4. The car almost never slapped on landing, felt extremely percise and the amount of sterring you have is incredible. Car seem to float in the air, land buttery smooth and simply carve around the turns with PERFECT rotation on our tight 180 degree turns.

If anyone here races at Critters here is my set up

Rebars Super Soft in the front
Rebars Soft in the rear
1.5 mm hexes
1.5 degree toe out in the front
4.0 degree toe in low center rear
25mm all around
Stock springs with 27.5 all around
Al steering rack
2.5 anti squat
25 Kick up wiht 5 degree castor
Trinity 7.5 sensored paired with the Tekin RS, no timing, no boost geared 22/stock spur.
Normal size 4200 lipo place forward.

I'm in love lol
Old 10-18-2011, 05:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

anyone have some pics of saddle pack configuration? i just got one to run indoor mid motor and i am trying to set it up.
thanks alot.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

When we originally tested adding a little weight behind the battery, we had added up to 1oz to get the feel we were looking for, but didn't like having all of that static weight. We then tested the same 1oz behind the speedo, and the result was exaggerated because of the high mounting position. We found we could run 1/2oz high to get the same effect as 1oz on the chassis, but with less static weight. The extra roll really seems to help my car, so I am pretty happy the ESC is mounted higher.

There is enough room to test this though, so feel free to give it a go and see if you like it.

I tried mounting the esc on my chassis when I first got the car (see pic above). After trying a lot of different setups, I couldn't get the car to feel consistent in the corners (it would have traction then step out sharply). Eventually I went back to mounting it on the top deck and the car felt a lot more consistent. Like Frank said, I think the car likes the extra weight up top to help with roll.

There might be a good setup for the lower cg than makes the car work even better that way but for now I've gone back to the standard and love the way the car performs.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Glad to hear it is going well!

How much rear toe are you running? Less rear toe tends to bind less in the turns quicker.
Im running he 3.0lrc block. Im essentially running the evans set up with 3mm limiters in the front and going to try 3deg anti squat to see if it helps.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Subscribed, will finially be ordering one soon for indoor carpet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.