Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by twalace
Anyone have the links to the suspension tuning guides a few hundred pages back?
http://users.telenet.be/elvo/

http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/BuggySetupGuide.pdf
Old 10-18-2011, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Chad Smith
Wanted to see what you guys did for the crunchy diff. It was butter smooth during building it and breaking it in. Even the first run it was fine. But by the secound battery pack it was horrible. Will the upgraded diff balls help?
Yes!!
Old 10-18-2011, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Sterling Racer
Yes!!
Ok. I thought so just wanted to make sure.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:55 AM
Tech Regular

Hate to ask but does anyone know the part # for the orings from lowes
Old 10-18-2011, 11:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Help

Curious to if anyone has a setup for the tlr 22 rear motor buggy. (packed dirt with dust covering the whole surface).. Couldn't find any setup sheets or news on what to do for the buggy.. Searched an searched.. Thanks
Old 10-18-2011, 11:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thescoobyrs
Curious to if anyone has a setup for the tlr 22 rear motor buggy. (packed dirt with dust covering the whole surface).. Couldn't find any setup sheets or news on what to do for the buggy.. Searched an searched.. Thanks

All (or nearly all) setups discussed in this forum are for the rear motor configuration. If you scroll a few pages back, you will see Matt Chamber's most recent setup as of this month.

I would encourage you to search this forum specifically (top right corner) before getting your questions out there. Matt/Frank/Casper have been nice to respond to most of our questions, but I wouild bet they would rather help with setup stuff/latest equip, and not tire combinations for certain tracks or personal conversations. If you have a specific question about tire selection for a certain track, please use the track's thread. If a thread doesn't exist for your track, start one up for everyone to discuss/enjoy!

Not meant to be a dig, just trying to have a nice/clean forum for the 22 drivers and get our questions answered from the pros who know the car the best!
Old 10-18-2011, 11:43 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

There are setup sheets on the TLR site.
http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...022#prodSetups

Here is another good place to find setups.
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/losi/Se...TwentyTwo.html

Tires are too hard. We can suggest stuff based off a track description but it is always best to ask the local shop or go ask the local fast guys what works with foams and rubber for a particular track as there are lots of variables to consider and the locals usually know best.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Casper
There are setup sheets on the TLR site.
http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...022#prodSetups

Here is another good place to find setups.
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/losi/Se...TwentyTwo.html

Tires are too hard. We can suggest stuff based off a track description but it is always best to ask the local shop or go ask the local fast guys what works with foams and rubber for a particular track as there are lots of variables to consider and the locals usually know best.
Thanks Casper I understand all that I know soft compounds for loose traction and soft suspension aswell with motor placement consideration to be as far back as possible and etc but just curious as what others are trying? Maybe I'm missing something you know. Like diff tips or wider or narrower rear width or good gear setups etc.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by skrichter
All (or nearly all) setups discussed in this forum are for the rear motor configuration. If you scroll a few pages back, you will see Matt Chamber's most recent setup as of this month.

I would encourage you to search this forum specifically (top right corner) before getting your questions out there. Matt/Frank/Casper have been nice to respond to most of our questions, but I wouild bet they would rather help with setup stuff/latest equip, and not tire combinations for certain tracks or personal conversations. If you have a specific question about tire selection for a certain track, please use the track's thread. If a thread doesn't exist for your track, start one up for everyone to discuss/enjoy!

Not meant to be a dig, just trying to have a nice/clean forum for the 22 drivers and get our questions answered from the pros who know the car the best!
Did! No one wants to answer me! I started my own thread but now it's gone and no answers on it as well for the past 2days! I'm keeping this forum or thread "clean" buddy if I wasent I would ask (hey how's the 8mm chassis for the b4.1 doing!) it's people like you who get cocky and start crap like a gigabite gangster and cause hostility to other people who just want some help. Not here to cause trouble and think it's awesome pros are helping us new comers! Thank you guys just asking a question that's it I'm sure you did the same before too, just saying..
Old 10-18-2011, 01:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Did! No one wants to answer me! I started my own thread but now it's gone and no answers on it as well for the past 2days! I'm keeping this forum or thread "clean" buddy if I wasent I would ask (hey how's the 8mm chassis for the b4.1 doing!) it's people like you who get cocky and start crap like a gigabite gangster and cause hostility to other people who just want some help. Not here to cause trouble and think it's awesome pros are helping us new comers! Thank you guys just asking a question that's it I'm sure you did the same before too, just saying..
Again, it wasn't been to be cocky or "gangster." I was simply stating, that tire selection is too arbitrary for each track (as Casper noted) and personal banter/track talk is meant for other threads. I think everyone would agree that we need to use this thread to talk about the car itself and get the opinion of the TLR folks. Thx. Enjoy
Old 10-18-2011, 01:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by no1uno
Hate to ask but does anyone know the part # for the orings from lowes
If you don't want to cut out your bladders, you can hit Lowe's and find one of the following o-ring parts: Danco #41 O-Rings or BrassCraft xx54

Don't have the part numbers but I'm sure you can find them on the website using this info.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by skrichter
Again, it wasn't been to be cocky or "gangster." I was simply stating, that tire selection is too arbitrary for each track (as Casper noted) and personal banter/track talk is meant for other threads. I think everyone would agree that we need to use this thread to talk about the car itself and get the opinion of the TLR folks. Thx. Enjoy
Did you read my post? I don't need to know tire choice (goosebumps) in rear and (groovy) in front. I'm wanting to know "setups" like you previously mentioned this thread is for.. But thanks to Casper I found some at some link he provided me unlike the losi link that dosent show anything but a blank setup sheet on all pages. All I'm was wanting was some insight man that's it I'm sorry really am if it came of on the wrong foot from you but I take it you where in a bad mood and decided to take it out on me or whatever the case may be? Let's get back to the form and start over. High my name is mason I'm from Glendale kentucky 45min south of Louisville and 45min north of bowling green which ever you choose. I like long walks on the beach and romantic dinners,lol.. J/k here's a good question for this form (is anyone having trouble with a spectrum s6030 servo arm fitting under the front bulkheador or the savox sc0251mg? Curious because it's the only good servos I have for this buggy w/o spending more money to get a new one? Preferably the savox fitting?
Old 10-18-2011, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

start with the Dustin Evans set up. With the savox 1251, use 2mm of shims and shave the bulkhead a bit, or I hear 2.5mm with no shaving also works
Old 10-18-2011, 01:58 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Thanks Casper I understand all that I know soft compounds for loose traction and soft suspension aswell with motor placement consideration to be as far back as possible and etc but just curious as what others are trying? Maybe I'm missing something you know. Like diff tips or wider or narrower rear width or good gear setups etc.
Try Coreys setup. His is labled as loose conditions. As for other little tricks. Get on the gas late once the car squares up. Might want to run a little expo on the radio to keep the bottom end smooth and not punchy. There are some setup things to try but if it is that slick sometimes setups dont' solve it all.

Packed dirt (assuming this means hard base) with dust on top does not sound like a goosebumps track. Sounds more like a DD or flipout. Goosebumps are more for a loamy type track.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Okay

Originally Posted by rcjunky1
start with the Dustin Evans set up. With the savox 1251, use 2mm of shims and shave the bulkhead a bit, or I hear 2.5mm with no shaving also works
I'll give that a try and see how it works.. I'll be getting the buggy this coming week when I get a little more doe in my pocket,lol.. Just been reading and learning everything I can about this sweet buggy and trying to figure as much as possible before I order it and other parts from amain and get it and be like damn I need this or this ain't working (fitting) you know.. Thanks Rc I'll try 2.5 just to be safe and go from that. But I feel I Casper fount me a good setup for loose tracks.. Appreciated though man. Fingers crossed on the savor servo that didn't fit in my sc10 4x4 for similar reasons due to body size and had to sworn to a spectrum 6030 to get things working which put me 50$ in the whole from buying the savox one that didn't fit.. Trying to prevent things like that on this one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.