Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I went to the track yesterday to finish putting my car together and finally run some packs through it. All I can say is WOW! I love everything about this car. Hats off to Losi and there engineering team. You did a great job on every point of this car. I don't have to many hop up parts on car. The ones that I do have are the +.75 hubs and the 3 degree toe block. Right now, my car is pretty dialed at my track. This is the first time I have been really excited about a car in a really long time. Thank you to Team Losi.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:27 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by celt
Has anyone found a solid pin replacement for the rear axle rolled pins?

I like to go through my car after each race night, as rear hub bearings on these cars can take a beating. Pressed in roll pins make this pretty time consuming.

The plastic hexes snap on the pin well enough not to be a concern and if you go the aluminum clamping hex route, you're even better off.
I ran into that same issue and I am running these pins now. I have been running them for about a month and they are perfect. Just snug enough to fit, but they can be removed easily. Celt I love your avitar BTW. That is exactly how most of the people on this forum/thread make me feel. I need to remember that not everyone on here has 20+ years experience, and that is why they ask such dumb questions.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ifuonlyknew
I ran into that same issue and I am running these pins now. I have been running them for about a month and they are perfect. Just snug enough to fit, but they can be removed easily. Celt I love your avitar BTW. That is exactly how most of the people on this forum/thread make me feel. I need to remember that not everyone on here has 20+ years experience, and that is why they ask such dumb questions.
Perfect, exactly what I was looking for...thanks.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Agreed that some questions are dumb well not dumb just not thought out, BUT how are people suppose to learn , yes by asking questions and hopefully taking in the answer and then answering questions for others as they learn them selves
Old 09-11-2011, 05:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Man is the 22 sensitive to ride height! I forgot to check mine this week and I was running too many classes to keep up with everything between me and my son. Before the main I checked it and it had risen about 2mm from the last time out. I reset it at 23mm front and back. AMAZING difference. It really planted the car better and kept it from rolling so I was able to maintain more speed through corners. Unfortunately, some poor driving of myself and others kept me out of the hunt in the main. I had the lead in my sights after the first two laps and all heck broke out, but the car was great! I need to practice!
Old 09-11-2011, 06:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

hey guys looking for a good indoor setup sheet for medium/high traction with full battery.....anyone have one?
Old 09-11-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I put the Dustin Evans setup on my 22 and I was having difficulties getting the car to drive flat through the chicane section on my track. The weight seemed to transfer back and forth too much. It also seemed to lean too much at times and unload while making a tight corner while accelerating. I tried alot of changes, but everything seemed to hurt other handling characteristics that I did not like.

I finally fabricated a 1.2mm sway bar for the back of the of the car and ran the the Dustin Evens set up with 27.5 weight oil all the way around. The sway bar was a huge improvement and even eliminated a bit of the on power push that I was feeling on an indoor track with pretty good traction.

It looks like the car was designed to accept a rear sway bar, so is there a sway bar kit available and has the team done any testing with one?

Last edited by smac; 09-11-2011 at 07:55 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by smac
I put the Dustin Evans setup on my 22 and I was having difficulties getting the car to drive flat through the chicane section on my track. The weight seemed to transfer back and forth too much. It also seemed to lean too much at times and unload while making a tight corner while accelerating. I tried alot of changes, but everything seemed to hurt other handling characteristics that I did not like.

I finally fabricated a 1.2mm sway bar for the back of the of the car and ran the the Dustin Evens set up with 27.5 weight oil all the way around. The sway bar was a huge improvement and even eliminated a bit of the on power push that I was feeling on an indoor track with pretty good traction.

It looks like the car was designed to accept a rear sway bar, so is there a sway bar kit available and has the team done any testing with one?
Funny, I've been meaning to ask the very same question since I built my 22. I haven't seen where any Team drivers have mentioned using one or that one will be available as a hop-up. I would imagine one will be in the future due to the sway bar mounts in the rear arms.
Any pics of your custom set-up?

Last edited by fordmike65; 09-11-2011 at 11:42 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fordmike65
Funny, I've been meaning to ask the very same question since I built my 22. I haven't seen where any Team drivers have mentioned using one or that one will be available as a hop-up. I would imagine one will be in the future due to the sway bar mounts in the rear arms.
Any pics of your custom set-up?
Not yet...it's pretty simple though. Just used the 2 open holes in front of the shock tower between the mounting screws and mounted some old Losi sway bar clips. I put a downward bend in the bar to go under the upper link and hooked it to links and attached them to the back of the arm.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

does anyone run the carbon fiber front tower? http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ck-Tower-Black if so i jus wanted to know how thick it was to see if its worthy of being added to my cart haha also do the aluminum servo mount add any noticeable amount of weight to the car?
Old 09-11-2011, 10:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hello all,

I have a Novak Kinetic and wondering the best way to position it in a rear motor set up. Any pics would me great.
Please note, I am running the latest Kinetic with the small cap on small leads.

Thanks
Old 09-12-2011, 07:40 AM
Tech Regular

Default Savox servos

Hi All,

I've got some problem with my Savox servos. (any types/model)

The servo horns included in the 22 kit didn't fit. Do you have the same experience, please?
Any suggestion?

Thanks.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

yes, the fit is a bit tight you just need to slowly insert it. the spine should be 25T for Savox. an Allu servo horn is a must. that will fit in smoothly.
goodluck...
Old 09-12-2011, 07:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by slow_jun
yes, the fit is a bit tight you just need to slowly insert it. the spine should be 25T for Savox. an Allu servo horn is a must. that will fit in smoothly.
goodluck...
OK, many thanks. I'll try tonight with the plastic one, the allu servo horn will arrive later next week.

I always used the Sanwa servos.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by racer x 1
does anyone run the carbon fiber front tower? http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ck-Tower-Black if so i jus wanted to know how thick it was to see if its worthy of being added to my cart haha also do the aluminum servo mount add any noticeable amount of weight to the car?
Fiberlyte 22

check under losi 22, have a variety of thickness to choose from.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.