Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 10:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 916bdogg
Hey Clint ' tellem last time you made the "Amain And How many times Son .. I got Multiple Hand counts of being the Big Show Son . SaY DaT .................

Don't worry bout me I'm testing things out to put that Can on Someone . B4.1 is a different Animal then the B4 Son. Don't think Evans will beat Cavalieri every time he shows up to a big race , mostly likely that's a NO ...
I'll make the a before you will running the 4.1 Qualifying 10th is in the A BTW. Welcome to the squad. Rather than being a ripple in the water get in the boat and let's get this thing dialed in together. Too bad you're not running the Modesto race. Dujuan and I will be down there putting in work.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Now this is funny!!! Associated for life my ass!!! Lol
Old 05-02-2011, 10:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by STLNLST
I'll make the a before you will running the 4.1 Qualifying 10th is in the A BTW. Welcome to the squad. Rather than being a ripple in the water get in the boat and let's get this thing dialed in together. Too bad you're not running the Modesto race. Dujuan and I will be down there putting in work.
I'll put A Beer on It I make the A without bumping this week ..
Old 05-02-2011, 10:20 PM
Tech Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by bigdog
Now this is funny!!! Associated for life my ass!!! Lol
This car will REMAIN a shelf queen cause we all know , whats around the Corner .
Old 05-02-2011, 10:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

This car will REMAIN a shelf queen cause we all know , whats around the Corner .
B4.2
Old 05-02-2011, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

SP4 RB5?
Old 05-02-2011, 10:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Angry Shocking Discovery

I'm now the 3rd person (that I know of) to fall victim to front shock caps popping off after landing a jump. The front shocks have been apart all of three times to change droop limiters. They have always had the 55 pistons and 27.5 kit Losi oil.

What gives with these shock caps? Threads too fine? Materials too soft?

Moving one 'good' cap to the body where the cap blew off indicates that it's not so much the body itself that is failing, but the threads on the caps. A close visual inspection confirms the threads are wrecked. What I found most interesting is that the deformation is not uniform. It would appear that the cap body is slightly out-of-round, so there are only 2 areas where the threads have gone bare (at 180 degree offsets). This looks like a manufacturing defect to me.

I'm not inclined to sit on the phone for an hour to Horizon, only to discover they won't address the issue. So, has anyone else had this happen, did you contact Horizon/TLR, and finally, what was the disposition of the contact?

I also invite any monitoring Losi employees or reps to post a reply or send a PM (I can assure all PM communications will remain just that, private).

- Frustrated in Bremerton

PS. Before it blew it's top, the car was eminently dialed in rear-motor with the Dustin Evans setup, minus the 3.5 LRC toe brace. Thank goodness we were not racing tonight, that would have really put me out of sorts.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:43 PM
Eli
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

^Maybe some teflon tape would be a good temp. fix.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Chris Nealeigh
will the servo horn from the cr fit on the 22??
I had some problems fitting the stock horn to the servo (Savox 1251) and ended up using a XXX cr horn.

I had to dremel some material off it to create clearance for the link. I positioned the servo as far back as possible (no servo shims).
Old 05-03-2011, 05:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

I know I am beating a dead horse. But I tried 3 different servos in my car last night Airtronics Futaba and Hitec and all three of them would barely "if at all" touch the stops.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
We have two 22s... one running a 4pks with a futaba bls351, and the other with a 3pks with a new savox... we get lock to lock throw, epas well below 100 on both cars, using the factory supplied futaba servo horn. Make sure your servo turnbuckle is parallel to the steering assembly or perpendicular to the length of the chassis.
Interesting, My car is maxed out and looking for more. Car needs a taller horn in my opinion. I dont think I want my servo moving any farther then it does. This is why most cars have bellcranks so you can have more throw with less movement of the servo.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I don't know why everyone is having so much servo issues, my savox with no spacers and the kit futaba horn turned lock to lock and I had to dial quite a lot out to set my "steering circles"

Remember just because you have full lock both ways doesn't mean you will have equal steering both ways, and its definitely an adjustment worth making.

Just my .02
Old 05-03-2011, 06:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dmatter
Interesting, My car is maxed out and looking for more. Car needs a taller horn in my opinion. I dont think I want my servo moving any farther then it does. This is why most cars have bellcranks so you can have more throw with less movement of the servo.
I'm running Savox 1258 servo with Spektrum DX2S and no issues on steering throw. In fact the stock servo horn only travels 45 degrees which is only half way between straight up and the servo horn laying horizontal.

There has to be something connected incorrectly for you to be having this much problem. Post a picture or two so everyone can see what you see as most of us are not grasping how this can be an issue.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by anthonyscardina
I don't know why everyone is having so much servo issues, my savox with no spacers and the kit futaba horn turned lock to lock and I had to dial quite a lot out to set my "steering circles"
I have the SAVOX 1257 servo, stock 24 tooth arm from it, and Futaba PL2 (cheapo) radio. My EPA are under 110% and I'm on the verge of steering bind on the ends. No problem getting full toss.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.