Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Outtacontrol58
Cant wait for the buggy to come in the mail!! 2 questions, what part numbers do i need to run the AE shortened carbon battery hold down like the picture a few posts back AND what gearing should i start with, I am going to be running a Tekin with an Epic 17.5 THANKS in advance!
Mark, I went up 1 tooth from what the directions advised on my son's car for 17.5 at our track (your track.) 31
Old 04-11-2011, 07:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Is any one else getting much higher rear tire wear with their 22s? Only reason I ask this is because three of us at the track have almost burned through new sets of bk bars or barcodes in a couple days.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChefDementia
Is any one else getting much higher rear tire wear with their 22s? Only reason I ask this is because three of us at the track have almost burned through new sets of bk bars or barcodes in a couple days.
This car produces a ton of forward bite. I didnt wear tires any faster that I noticed but its possible.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (98%+)

Thanks Jason, a 31 tooth will be ordered!
Old 04-11-2011, 07:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Casper
I always assemble my turnbuckles with a little grease. The old losi white grease was awesome but hard to find now. I used green slime for this build. Others have suggested chap stick which is great also. You have to work the ball end on the turnbuckle a little to get work the threads into the plastic. A little grease and a little moving back and forth off the car and they turn great. I have had no issues adjusting camber on the car but these little tricks help a lot.

The axle thing is pretty odd to me. A picture or two might go a long way to helping with that one.

Thanks for the reply.

I did use grease on the turnbuckles and have redone them a few times. It is tightened down to full capacity, they cannot go any further.

I have also attached a couple of links to the pics. Sorry I cant post proper links yet.

here is the right side, which appears correct
img573 dot imageshack dot us/i/img0381u.jpg

this is the left side, notice how one of the pins isnt quite inside
img850 dot imageshack dot us/i/img0384s.jpg
Old 04-11-2011, 07:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ok guys i need a little help on the slipper. I am not sure what is going on, is it the slipper or ball diff or both. Basically i keep getting the slipping whine from the car when throttling off certain jumps and i can't even get the wheel off of the table when testing the slipping with holding the wheels and a blip or two from the throttle......i hope i didn't mess anything up to bad. A couple of pages back i read about stripped out diff. screw and nuts and was wondering if i wasn't getting the diff tight even could this cause the slipping whine.
thanks.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Last edited by Aaron P; 10-10-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

What's wrong with the velcro straps for the battery?

I think mine are defective, one sounds louder than the other when I peel em apart.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:02 PM
Tech Addict

Here's a photo of my 9 year old's first buggy race this past weekend in FL! He loves his 22!

Old 04-11-2011, 08:04 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aaron P
I just finished assembly of Bag A on my 22, and all I can say about this kit so far is, WOW!!! ..........what a piece of sh!t. The instructions are some of the worst I've seen in 23 years in this hobby.

The plastic is worthless. More than half of the screws won't even snug down. They just spin and spin and spin. The set screws that retain the inner front hinge pins nearly went completely through the pivot block because there was never any resistance, and I just happened to stop and think, "this thing should have bottomed out by now." I tuned the chassis over to find part of the set screw beginning to protrude out the bottom. The front shock tower mounting screws won't snug up for crap, and the screws that retain the spindle and carrier to the A arm are barely snug.

I hope it gets better from here on out. I'm about to toss this thing aside with all my other retired vehicles before it's fully built. I wouldn't even feel right selling such a turd to someone, and I really feel for the less experienced people who buy and build this thing.

I hope bag B goes MUCH better than this first one.
I have been racing/building cars for 3 yrs....illustrations are pretty self-explanatory on a 2wd buggy.....haha!

F N CUDA: I totally agree man...
Old 04-11-2011, 08:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rc21085
Ok guys i need a little help on the slipper. I am not sure what is going on, is it the slipper or ball diff or both. Basically i keep getting the slipping whine from the car when throttling off certain jumps and i can't even get the wheel off of the table when testing the slipping with holding the wheels and a blip or two from the throttle......i hope i didn't mess anything up to bad. A couple of pages back i read about stripped out diff. screw and nuts and was wondering if i wasn't getting the diff tight even could this cause the slipping whine.
thanks.
Did you try tightening down the slipper all the way and check to see if it still slips? The diff should be pretty tight - then you sneak up on the slipper by tightening it in small increments and checking to see if the front end rises off the table when you apply the throttle.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MTY500
Here's a photo of my 9 year old's first buggy race this past weekend in FL! He loves his 22!

Great looking pic!
Old 04-11-2011, 08:08 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I just finished assembly of Bag A on my 22, and all I can say about this kit so far is, WOW!!! ..........what a piece of sh!t. The instructions are some of the worst I've seen in 23 years in this hobby.

The plastic is worthless. More than half of the screws won't even snug down. They just spin and spin and spin. The set screws that retain the inner front hinge pins nearly went completely through the pivot block because there was never any resistance, and I just happened to stop and think, "this thing should have bottomed out by now." I tuned the chassis over to find part of the set screw beginning to protrude out the bottom. The front shock tower mounting screws won't snug up for crap, and the screws that retain the spindle and carrier to the A arm are barely snug.

I hope it gets better from here on out. I'm about to toss this thing aside with all my other retired vehicles before it's fully built. I wouldn't even feel right selling such a turd to someone, and I really feel for the less experienced people who buy and build this thing.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
This car produces a ton of forward bite. I didnt wear tires any faster that I noticed but its possible.
It used to be with our XXX-CRs and B4.1s that a set of tires would last a few weeks, now it's 75% of the tread in a couple days.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 267 (98%+)

Wow 23 hers and you never built a kit before? If you have the 22 would go together damn good with no stripped holes binding etc... This thing is top notch I'm sure many many people here will agree!!! Spend some time with it and get to know it before you put it aside it's a phenominal chassis!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.