Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 04:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If I take a pencil or bat and push them with the same object they will push the same distance I have to re center a 3/4 link or a 1 inch link and change the spline so my car goes straight. 1/2 inch horn getting turned 60* is going to move something the same no matter how long or short it is.....
Old 05-02-2011, 05:00 AM
Tech Master

No need for longer horn or longer turnbuckle.

Just a little elbow grease to set the teeth right and your done!

FYI: longer link will make it throw one direction further, if you want more steering EPA, use taller horn for more throw in both directions!
Old 05-02-2011, 05:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by synap2012
No need for longer horn or longer turnbuckle.

Just a little elbow grease to set the teeth right and your done!

FYI: longer link will make it throw one direction further, if you want more steering EPA, use taller horn for more throw in both directions!
I have had the servo out of this car many many times for different shimming and link lengths. My car has very equal throw both directions just not enough for my liking. I am an Associated guy I like steering
Old 05-02-2011, 05:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

I am using a Futaba 9350
Old 05-02-2011, 05:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Well I hit my local track for the first time with my 22 and I must say the 22 felt great out there on the track. I started out running the kit setup and now I want to try the evans setup, but I have a question. I have everything needed to run his setup other than the wider wheel hexes. My question is should I still try running his setup even though I do not have the wider hexes, I dont want to try the setup if the wider hexes are important in this particular setup being that I wont be able to get them til june. Can someone let me know if they have tried the evans setup running the stock rear wheel hexes and how did it perform?, any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

Originally Posted by RB5SP
Well I hit my local track for the first time with my 22 and I must say the 22 felt great out there on the track. I started out running the kit setup and now I want to try the evans setup, but I have a question. I have everything needed to run his setup other than the wider wheel hexes. My question is should I still try running his setup even though I do not have the wider hexes, I dont want to try the setup if the wider hexes are important in this particular setup being that I wont be able to get them til june. Can someone let me know if they have tried the evans setup running the stock rear wheel hexes and how did it perform?, any help would be appreciated.
Just do it.....
Attached Thumbnails TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread-22-gallimods.jpg  
Old 05-02-2011, 05:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

The wider wheels make a huge difference and made my car from terrible to awesome. No need to wait though, you can use either TRA1985 shims or some wider hexes from another car. You do need serrated wheel nuts with any type of wider hexes though, so keep that in mind.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
Just do it.....
nice buggy raul see ya soon
Old 05-02-2011, 07:16 AM
CFR
Tech Regular

Battery Strap Mods

Post links and or pictures of the battery strap mods you have seen or done for the 22 so you don't need those velcro straps. Looking for Sadlle Pack ones please
Old 05-02-2011, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
Just do it.....
Your motor is mounted wrong. Did you gus have enough entries for a class? I want to come up Sunday.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I run the Traxxas hexs. Better than shims, IMO. Also have been using Blue Loctite with the og rear wheel nut with no problems so far.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ostach24
I understand that the servo itself is centered, however changing the link length will require a re-centering of the horn on the servo.
Still makes no sense.

Servo is already centered, travels same distance side to side and this guy is asking for more travel to reach lock to lock in both directions.

You want to make a longer link which will throw the wheels to one side.

Then you want to recenter the servo horn on the servo?

With a longer link the servo horn can no longer be at 90 degrees, centered, on the servo.

The link can only be one length, the proper length when adjusted, and still allow the servo and steering rack to both be centered and travel equal distance side to side.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dmatter
I have had the servo out of this car many many times for different shimming and link lengths. My car has very equal throw both directions just not enough for my liking. I am an Associated guy I like steering
Hey Dax I have a savox 1257tg servo in my22 it goes lock to lock no problem. I had to turn the epa down!
Old 05-02-2011, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ostach24
if you shorten it it will not go as far. I would make it longer... so unscrew the ball cups and have a few threads, possibly more showing. Also after doing this you will need to re center the horn on the servo to make sure your trim is at zero to make the wheels straight. just dont unscrew it too far that the screw will pull out.
Think of having a pencil or a baseball bat in your hand, which one can you reach out and touch something with that is further away...
Ostach, you're messing this fella up. The steering link between the rack and servo horn has NO AFFECT on the steering throw. The only part of the car the has an affect on steering throw other than the servo and radio settings is the servo horn.

Dmatter- is your linkage hitting the bulkhead?
Old 05-02-2011, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by iHack
You just loosen the block a bit and slip the anti squat shim out through the battery tray. (if you installed the shim in the proper direction)
Hmmm -- in the Rear Motor configuration, the rear of the battery tray is blocked by the "web" in the battery tray/bulkhead... No access to the anti-squat shims, etc... Are people cutting out the bottom of this web or what?

From looking at my chassis, the ONLY way to change anti-squat on an unmodified rear motor car is to virtually disassemble the entire rear half of the car... BUMMER!

Any help or advice is appreciated, as I need to change mine. (the kit 1 degree has me seeking more forward bite, so I want to change to the Evan's setup 2.5 degrees...

Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.