Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 04:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Mopar or no car huh?
On a bad day it's "My Old Pig Aint Runnin" and nah it aint got a Hemi cuz this one don't need it.[/QUOTE]

Sorry it's Move Over Power Approaching Rapidly.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by x60Driver
I wonder how bad this one will push.
From what I have seen from the Losi drivers at my local track oc/rc, and i've seen a bunch of them, the car pushes worse under power then any losi before.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1
From what I have seen from the Losi drivers at my local track oc/rc, and i've seen a bunch of them, the car pushes worse under power then any losi before.
Last time I ran a RB5 SP2. I ran 1.5oz up front just like Tebo. Don't you?
Old 03-24-2011, 08:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Can anyone tell me what the trans ratio is on the 22? Is it the same as the B4? Just getting back into the game and trying to get a close start on the gearing.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Thats crazy talk,,,,,,

I don't see TLR producing a car that pushes more than the previous one. The whole point of the 22 is to make a better mouse trap but make it easy to use and alot more durable. Just for the recored my XXX is a beast and I can be out of racing for weeks or months. But as soon as I hit the track I can still give any B4 or Kyo driver a run for his money........ yeah I said it, now what

Last edited by JustWill75; 03-24-2011 at 08:34 AM. Reason: spelling was wrong. I don't like looking stupid.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:34 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Some of us that just got our cars are still working on setups. The kit setup has some push in it but all kit setups should be this way as it is easier to drive for the average guy. Look at Roots or truhe's car (guys that have had them for more then 2 weeks) and they have plenty of steering. I have not been able to get to the track long enough to really get some tune testing on mine but I have driven others cars that steer like no other.

Originally Posted by Quickstang
Can anyone tell me what the trans ratio is on the 22? Is it the same as the B4? Just getting back into the game and trying to get a close start on the gearing.
2.43:1. Same as Gen I XXX tranny.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JustWill75
Thats crazy talk,,,,,,

I don't see TLR producing a car that pushes more than the previous one. The whole point of the 22 is to make a better mouse trap but make it easy to use and alot more durable. Just for the recored my XXX is a beast and I can be out of racing for weeks or months. But as soon as I hit the track I can still give any B4 or Kyo driver a run for his money........ yeah I said it, now what
+1, judging by the video of factory drivers racing with the 22 it didn't look like it pushes at all just have to run the right setup!!!!
Old 03-24-2011, 08:35 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JustWill75
Thats crazy talk,,,,,,

I don't see TLR producing a car that pushes more than the previous one. The whole point of the 22 is to make a better mouse trap but make it easy to use and alot more durable. Just for the recored my XXX is a beast and can be out of racing for weeks or months and can still give any B4 or Kyo driver a run for his money........ yeah I said it, now what
Now you need to put down the moon shine and step out from the back woods to reality
Old 03-24-2011, 08:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Thanks for the info! Im sure that the set ups will get refined quickly once the masses get these things and run them in different situations. To me when I watch these cars in the vids they look visually slow but smooth....and that makes for consistantly fast lap times. I have yet to see one thats twitchy looking like some of the other makes.

Back in the day we ran a rc10 with a longer then stock wheel base...it was added to the rear. The car felt slow to drive but always ran awsome lap times and was very consistant.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:57 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

There is NO way... especially in midmotor config, that this car is going to have a push issue worse than the xxx.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Here. For all you e clip haters out there. Now you have no excuse.

OOOOOOOO, Shiney!

Old 03-24-2011, 09:09 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

lol........wow

Old 03-24-2011, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 267 (98%+)

Originally Posted by PFKAOG
Now you need to put down the moon shine and step out from the back woods to reality
Tomorrow is the 25th are any of you getting you 22's? On the push topic I thought for sure it was due to the long wheel base but I raced against one last weekend and it turned well but did push. It was completly driveable and smooth. A little push isnt bad. Casper if anybody out of the pro sportsman crowd I would think you would have more acccess to a good setup right away being in the Losi click. I understand one setup isnt for everybody but atleast you should have it darn close? I have no doubt these will be good but there will be some growing pains. Not as much as many though Losi has there stuff together and wont take another strike
Old 03-24-2011, 09:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

If you go to Horizon and search TLR 22 there ia bunch of aluminum hop-ups coming available.. Aluminum Rear Hubs, Carriers, Spindles, Titanium Turnbuckles, Titanium shock mounts, Aluminum hex's in different widths. Looks like they are taking care of everything from the get-go.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

I had one of these pre ordered as soon as they announced it, but with the push back of the first release to march 25 I wouldn't of had time to get it ready for our season in the first of April, what I don't understand is why announce any date unless u are 100% that is when. It will be released, or at least wait until it's pretty close to being ready. These releases getting further and further pushed back has caused me and others who had this pre ordered to go to other companys because we couldn't rely on release dates

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.