Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 09:58 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
What if all you have is the Orion WTS packs and you want to run no weight in the pack...you are basically only able to run the pack in the full forward or full rear of the tray. You can't experiment with the pack anywhere in the middle of the car. It's a good idea but not for everyone.
Yeah, I would never run one, but it is a kind cool idea. I was just simply pointing out that the WTS battery is a high end battery with a feature that no low end battery has to respond to his sarcastic post based on his misreading of what I wrote. I'm sure someone out there saw the WTS battery and was like "yes, that is exactly what I want".
Old 06-11-2013, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ifuonlyknew
Yeah, I would never run one, but it is a kind cool idea. I was just simply pointing out that the WTS battery is a high end battery with a feature that no low end battery has to respond to his sarcastic post based on his misreading of what I wrote. I'm sure someone out there saw the WTS battery and was like "yes, that is exactly what I want".
That made me chuckle!

Back on topic about the 22 Buggy now.

I sure wish they would have banned you longer
Old 06-11-2013, 10:05 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carranza76
That made me chuckle!

Back on topic about the 22 Buggy now.

I sure wish they would have banned you longer
I think there is a Facebook group you can join.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:50 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
lol, casper they have a great warranty......I have used it a lot because all of my venom packs died, lol. But they took care of me fast and they were great. But i just expect more than 3 laps out of my packs, lol. I think the connection inside was breaking. I came off a jump, flat landed and the pack no longer showed voltage. Happened to 3 packs, then i sold them all off. But venom replaced them all.
Intersting. I have had great luck with all my packs. From shorties to 5700mah 70C in my pro-4 which I do not treat nice! LOL

I could not be happier with my packs all well over a year old now and none are puffed and not a single hick up. I can't say that for the other packs I have used over the years.

Glad they took care of the bad packs. May have been a bad batch. It happens.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:04 AM
Tech Master

Is there an updated mid motor set up that has been working on the "candy land" tracks?
Old 06-11-2013, 12:35 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by smac
Is there an updated mid motor set up that has been working on the "candy land" tracks?
That is funny! I am sure they will post one soon.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by smac
No joke!! Please! TLR needs to get back on top of posting mad setups... It's not that difficult. Takes me all of about 5-10 minutes to complete one, depending on the situation... PLEAAAAASE guys!! Get back on it!
Old 06-11-2013, 02:34 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

for thoe of you running the reedy race setup, what ball stud are you using when raising it up 3mm inside. I tried the 10mm and I would really like it to thread more into the plastic camber block. I think the AE 12mm sc104x4 one will also fit.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by weavty1
No joke!! Please! TLR needs to get back on top of posting mad setups... It's not that difficult. Takes me all of about 5-10 minutes to complete one, depending on the situation... PLEAAAAASE guys!! Get back on it!
I passed on the request. We will see what they do.

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
for thoe of you running the reedy race setup, what ball stud are you using when raising it up 3mm inside. I tried the 10mm and I would really like it to thread more into the plastic camber block. I think the AE 12mm sc104x4 one will also fit.
This is why a lot of us run the alum camber blocks to a little better thread strength but the 10mm should have plenty of thread left to get good bite in the plastic block.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:46 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

yeah, I understand that casper. This is my 8 year olds car, so I didnt really spend the cash on the bling. She only goes half throttle with a 17.5 and no added timing. So the strength was not needed. I just need to get her more low speed on power steering. She does not really understand setting the car up for the corner, but I am watching her wheels full lock and just turn in a really wide radius. She is not accelerating, but she often does not decelerate either, lol. Its more like a constant speed around the corner. She is not terrible, and 2 weeks ago she broke her front camber block in the second heat and the store didnt have another one, so I let her run my b4 in the main. Later she commented to me that the b4 turned much better. So good in fact, she clipped a pipe and broke the front a-arm 3/4 into the race, lol. So I was thinking shorter links in the front and maybe lightening the front spring. Or many lighten all springs?
Old 06-11-2013, 03:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

where are the latest setups? Cant seem to find them
Old 06-11-2013, 05:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Also just changed over to mid motor and would love to see some setups.
Cheers.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:09 PM
Tech Adept

Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster (in this thread).
I'm running a Losi 22 in Australia for the 17.5 stock class, that started life as an RTR with the Losi 13.5.
I blew the speedy at the last race meet and spontaneously picked up a new hobbywing speedy with a fan from another racer in the pits (new in box).
After fitting the Hobbywing, I found that the heatsink rubs on the Proline Bulldog body and has started taking off paint.
Has anyone got suggestions for a body that will allow more clearance around the speedy for a rear mounted motor setup? I'd rather not have to trim the body back and have an exposed heatsink/fan.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Liam.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:40 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by SPUDLEY
Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster (in this thread).
I'm running a Losi 22 in Australia for the 17.5 stock class, that started life as an RTR with the Losi 13.5.
I blew the speedy at the last race meet and spontaneously picked up a new hobbywing speedy with a fan from another racer in the pits (new in box).
After fitting the Hobbywing, I found that the heatsink rubs on the Proline Bulldog body and has started taking off paint.
Has anyone got suggestions for a body that will allow more clearance around the speedy for a rear mounted motor setup? I'd rather not have to trim the body back and have an exposed heatsink/fan.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Liam.
You should not have to run the fan in a 2wd buggy. It should run cool enough just with the heat sink as 2wd buggy is not a big power hog of a car.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Casper
You should not have to run the fan in a 2wd buggy. It should run cool enough just with the heat sink as 2wd buggy is not a big power hog of a car.
Cheers mate.. Any suggestions for a body with taller clearance around the speedy in a rear motor setup? Even without the fan the heatsink is still rubbing the paint from the inside.

Cheers,
Liam.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.