Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 12:06 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adamska27
I accidentally called the black sanyo cells 1300 instead of 1700 lmao, fixed it

Dude if you couldn't feel it, then why with the mod?
Raising rear roll centre will change roll axis, that's why
I'm done now man
No, that is just the thing. I can feel the difference that it made, but it wasn't from the very small amount that it changed the CG.

THE CHANGE YOU CAN FEEL IS FROM THE DIFFERENCE IN THE DOG BONE PLUNGE NOT THE CHANGE IN CG.

THE CHANGE IN CG IS ROUGHLY THE EQUIVALENT OF PUTTING A SHIM THAT IS .125MM SMALLER ON THE INSIDE BALL STUD. IF YOU WANT TO TRY AND FEEL THE DIFFERENCE THAT JUST THE CHANGE IN THE CG WILL MAKE, PLEASE PUT A .125MM SMALLER SHIM UNDER YOUR INNER BALL STUD AND SEE IF YOU CAN FEEL THE CHANGE.

You said, and I quote

Originally Posted by Adamska27
There are only three things that always increase total cornering power.
A) Tyres that adhere to the surface better
B) Less overall mass
C) A lower CG
What I want you to do is put a sway bar on your car, and see if it handles differently. First run the sway bar on the car, but leave it disconnected. This will allow you to see that the miniscule amount of weight added by the sway bar has not effected the handling of the car. Then connect the sway bar and see how much differently the car handles. The tires will be the same, so they will not be adhering any differently, and the mass or CG will not have changed from when you ran the car with the sway bar installed, but not connected, but the car will handle way differently. The 1mm transmission raise adjustment has been likened to an on-power sway bar by one of the team guys. Face it, there are some things you don't understand.

Clearly you have no concept of how the laws of physics apply here. You are wrong if you think the main reason why the 1mm transmission raise does what it does because of the change in CG. I have proved in multiple posts why this is. Everyone knows you are wrong. Try the adjustment or don't.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:40 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

ifuonlyknew

calm down.....remember the agreement....

that said....i have run the 1mm raised chassis for over a year...in my opinion, the team hasnt used the mod because they are on higher bite....

next time i race my buggy, ill pull it off and see how it goes...
Old 03-13-2013, 08:04 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

ok, so I have tried the shorty and the full pack. The buggy felt much more calm and less twitchy with the full pack. I was talking to Chuck Hicks at the track and he told me he preferred the short pack in the long config. Then adding weight in the foam for the right balance. And once I get a low po servo, I plan to do the same. As it stands now, I have to remove my receiver connections to remove the battery. I plan to get a low po server and a narrower receiver in a few weeks, but I wanted to see how people are balanacing the buggy weight with a shorty in the short config. Right now, I have 1/2 oz in the front bulk head and the 25 deg brass plate up front for weight. The rest up front is plastic. I have the alum pivot that I can also use and it adds around 20+ grams. Also, in the short config, I can probably get 3/4 oz behind the shorty under the tower also. So I am wonder where and how much weight you would add in s short config. I think in the long run I will end up doing that Chuck suggested, but for now my electronics just dont fit.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt M.
ifuonlyknew

that said....i have run the 1mm raised chassis for over a year...in my opinion, the team hasnt used the mod because they are on higher bite....

Is the tranny mod only for low bite tracks? Would the mod on a high bite track cause a traction role?
Old 03-13-2013, 09:36 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mysupratoy94
Is the tranny mod only for low bite tracks? Would the mod on a high bite track cause a traction role?
It is more for med to low bite tracks but I run it all the time. It will not cause traction rolling but as traction goes up into the high range it may lock in the rear end too much on power.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
It is more for med to low bite tracks but I run it all the time. It will not cause traction rolling but as traction goes up into the high range it may lock in the rear end too on power.
Thank you Casper
Old 03-13-2013, 10:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
It is more for med to low bite tracks but I run it all the time. It will not cause traction rolling but as traction goes up into the high range it may lock in the rear end too much on power.
Excuse my ignorance, but would you use this raised transmission mod with a MM setup to achieve the same results? Thanks.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt M.
ifuonlyknew

I was wondering about that...the higher bite theory... I'm on super high bite at Leisure Hours and it still helps keep the rear end inline as I accelerate out of the turns. even when on slicks it seems to be more predictable. I was at WCRC for the Nats and we generally have a lot more traction than they do.

Is there something else being done in place of the raised trans? shimming axles and bones further into the outdrives perhaps? are both those things being done together by some?
Old 03-13-2013, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

in need of a better driver , gna grab the mip this time. do i need a 2.0 or a 2.5 for most of the screws.
thanks alot.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:13 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

most of the car is 2.0mm
Old 03-13-2013, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hey, look - I'm running mid motor at the Cactus Classic - ON DIRT!

Old 03-13-2013, 03:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gticlay
Hey, look - I'm running mid motor at the Cactus Classic - ON DIRT!
That's what happens when you put 500+ pounds of sugar on the track. It's like racing on sandpaper.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
That's what happens when you put 500+ pounds of sugar on the track. It's like racing on sandpaper.
sorry i missed it
Old 03-13-2013, 03:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc23
sorry i missed it
Missed what? They are putting sugar on the track, when it is watered lightly into the dirt it creates a surface like no other, very high bite. There was also talk of Tebo having a mid-motor buggy built up ready to go as well.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
Missed what? They are putting sugar on the track, when it is watered lightly into the dirt it creates a surface like no other, very high bite. There was also talk of Tebo having a mid-motor buggy built up ready to go as well.
Yes, it's in the same Jconcepts blog post I found this pic at. Can you imagine having to mount new tires for each and every time you run your car in practice and racing? $$$$$

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.