Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 10:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lbckevin
I run 2 pads in the back and then run the alum. battery holder and you have the perfect Frank Root setup for the battery.
run the aluminium battery holder in the same location where i have the battery holder now? or do i move that to the holes more at the center of the chassis??
Old 08-16-2012, 10:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

I run the alum one set of hole forward. The alum battery holder has two sets of holes. I put two pads behind the shorty battery and then its real easy to get the battery out and have a good balance of steering and traction.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I run the alum one set of hole forward. The alum battery holder has two sets of holes. I put two pads behind the shorty battery and then its real easy to get the battery out and have a good balance of steering and traction.
ok, i will try that.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

+1
Old 08-16-2012, 11:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Are most of you guys running shorty packs on your 22? I've just been running full packs and am way over weight. Do you notice a big difference being able to tune by moving the battery[weight] around?
Old 08-16-2012, 11:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

I have only used a shorty pack. Its what the pro's use and that is what I got used to.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

My buggie has been really loose in the rear the last two weeks or so. I didnt get a chance to tear into it until last night. I found the diff seems really strange. When I turn each wheel in the opposite direction of one another it feels ok for half a turn then it kind of binds up and skips forward. It feels a little gritty but the binding up feel was kind of strange to me. I think I need to rebuild it.

Also my rear shocks were very low on fluid.

Do you think these problems would cause rear traction issues? My car likes to hook around turns and feels very inconsistant.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

I have only used a shorty pack. Its what the pro's use and that is what I got used to.

I think the Losi team drivers mostly use shorty packs on tracks that are high bite. They use standard batteries on outdoor low bite tracks. I am sure it comes down to driver preference anyway. Maybe casper or another Losi driver can chime in on this. I have never tried standard packs. My 22 seems hooked with a shorty on any track surface.

Brian
Old 08-16-2012, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by chevmaro
My buggie has been really lose in the rear the last two weeks or so. I didnt get a chance to tear into it until last night. I found the diff seems really strange. When I turn each wheel in the opposite direction fo one another it feels ok for half a turn then it kind of binds up and skips forward. It feels a little gritty but the binding up feel was kind of strange to me. I think I need to rebuild it.

Do you think these problems would cause rear traction issues? My car likes to hook around turns and feels very inconsistant.
Yes. Maintanance on a 1/10 is crucial. I replace shock fluid after every one to two weekends of racing. Really after one weekend and even then it is dirty. The diff is good for a couple of months at best before it needs to be rebuilt.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:07 PM
Eli
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I liked both size packs at my local indoor track but it isn't high bite so that was probably why. I was able to jump into corners with the car set-up for the corner and have it stick and not slide out with the long pack. But thats common for a heavier car i've found. The only thing i missed was some pop out of the corners with the heavier pack.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

ok ive tried the search and no luck. can somebody please post the link that talks about the kickup/caster relationship thanks
Old 08-16-2012, 05:07 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing
hey guys whats a good ride height for a hard packed yet sometimes bumpy track outdoors?
I usually run 25mm at Pegasus, where I always run 24mm indoors and on blue groove.

Originally Posted by LOSIRACER77
anyone
Like the guys mentioned, you need the chassis to be bare, and have a completely, "guaranteed" flat surface; glass works best. Then, see if the chassis rocks from LF to RR, or RF to LR.

I have found all of my chassis to be within a small margin of flat, if not dead on. Keep in mind, this is off-road, and not touring car. We mounted 3oz ESC's of the left of the car with a 1/2oz receiver on the right for years and never found the car to be tweaked...food for thought.

Originally Posted by chevmaro
My buggie has been really loose in the rear the last two weeks or so. I didnt get a chance to tear into it until last night. I found the diff seems really strange. When I turn each wheel in the opposite direction of one another it feels ok for half a turn then it kind of binds up and skips forward. It feels a little gritty but the binding up feel was kind of strange to me. I think I need to rebuild it.

An inconsistent car often comes down to the diff, that is likely the source of your handling woes the last time out.

Originally Posted by theproffesor
ok ive tried the search and no luck. can somebody please post the link that talks about the kickup/caster relationship thanks
http://losiracing.blogspot.com/2011/...lr-22-22t.html
Old 08-16-2012, 05:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Painted up a new body for my 22!

Need to smooth the edges and get some stickers and I'll be set.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by samnelso
Are most of you guys running shorty packs on your 22? I've just been running full packs and am way over weight. Do you notice a big difference being able to tune by moving the battery[weight] around?
yep it is the go, so much better for tuning and handling
Old 08-17-2012, 05:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Only short packs in both my buggy (22) and truck (22T). I haven't used a long pack in over a year now, and don't seem to see a need for long packs anymore. Unlike many, I actually have made my cars as light as possible and the handling is terrific, the cars so very easy to drive!
All titanium screws, titanium tie rods, aluminum nuts, titanium upper shock mounts, titanium ball studs, no added weight whatsoever, only front pivot, rear camber block in alum for reliability not weight and the battery cup to allow for more tuning movement for the short packs fore and aft... but honestly prefer the plastic parts if I could make them more reliable after a tumble over big jumps usually during practice when mixing it up with SCT's and 1/8 buggies on the track practicing.

Great job TLR, these vehicles are fun and easy to drive fast.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.