Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 05:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vw addict
K I got my 22 today (used) and I have some questions. It's set up rear motor, and I have no problem getting a full pack in there. If I want to set it for mid motor (which is why I bought it)is that where it gets more difficult, or impossible? My other question is that I didn't get a manual, tried to download and print today but couldn't. I got two bags labeled mid motor from the kit. Is that all I need?
anyone?
Old 08-01-2012, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LOSIRACER77
I will man thank u!! Is it kinda suited for our tracks???
LOSIRACER77, I'm familiar with the conditions you are seeing, Corey's setup is a good base to start from. If you put it on and still having issues PM me directly.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

anyone?
If you have both of the mid-motor parts bags you should have all the parts you need to do the conversion from rear motor. I cannot remember what bag they were in but to do the mid-motor conversion you will also need an additional idler gear, idler gear shaft, and 2 5x10 bearings for the transmission(all this is included in the kit). It will be much easier if you can get the instructions from somewhere.

As for the battery, to run mid-motor you have to use either saddle packs or a 96mm shorty pack. A standard full size lipo will not fit for mid-motor.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:13 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Andrew, I was just able to download and print the manual. I guess I won't bother until I can get my hands on a Shorty. I saw you said saddle, how would I go about getting saddle packs in there? Is it in the manual? I have two nice ones for my B44.1 that never get used.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks Andrew, I was just able to download and print the manual. I guess I won't bother until I can get my hands on a Shorty. I saw you said saddle, how would I go about getting saddle packs in there? Is it in the manual? I have two nice ones for my B44.1 that never get used.
The saddle packs sit side ways in the car, there was a thread on here for the mid-motor car, I'm sure you can find a pic...when in doubt just "google" it.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Has anyone tried running saddle packs sideways in the rear motor config?
Old 08-01-2012, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by the big rc
Has anyone tried running saddle packs sideways in the rear motor config?
People say you can't, probably because in mid motor you have the chassis brace in front of the motor to hold them in place.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:26 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LOSIRACER77
Thank u Todd, now I have another question? I got the car setup by the book, our tracks in ky-tn are out door tracks, dust dry loamy surface, bumps and ruts.our tracks r nothing like the setups u all have out there. For tires we run jconcepts losi FLIPOUTs goose bumps, maybe a hybrid. Proline calbers ? Do u or the team driver have any setups that call for these tires? Anything u guys have would help us (redneck) drivers out? Thank Todd and the TLR team drivers.
I would suggest Corey Bernardo's setup found here:

http://www.tlracing.com/ProdInfo/Fil...eyBernardo.pdf

anyone? I got my 22 today (used) and I have some questions. It's set up rear motor, and I have no problem getting a full pack in there. If I want to set it for mid motor (which is why I bought it)is that where it gets more difficult, or impossible? My other question is that I didn't get a manual, tried to download and print today but couldn't. I got two bags labeled mid motor from the kit. Is that all I need?

A full length battery is very difficult in the mid-motor configuration, but I think I may have heard someone say it is possible with a low profile servo and some dremel work.

Yes, those should cover your mid motor parts, but I might not be suprised if the previous owner borrowed the idler gear, bearings or extra screws from those bags.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Frank Root
A full length battery is very difficult in the mid-motor configuration, but I think I may have heard someone say it is possible with a low profile servo and some dremel work.

Yes, those should cover your mid motor parts, but I might not be suprised if the previous owner borrowed the idler gear, bearings or extra screws from those bags.
Yeah I'm going to make sure I have all the parts before I tear it apart tonight. On a good note I see today that I can use my saddle packs instead of the sticks or buying shorties for now.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

A full length battery fits with a low pro savox 1251 and the front battery bracket removed, it sits tight up against the servo and I wouldn't want to run it like that. One hard crash and I think you would break the mounting tabs clean off the servo.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by jsinclair
A full length battery fits with a low pro savox 1251 and the front battery bracket removed, it sits tight up against the servo and I wouldn't want to run it like that. One hard crash and I think you would break the mounting tabs clean off the servo.
I am tempted to try this configuration as I want to go mid but have no saddles or shorties right now. Have you actually seen people run it this way? Maybe I can fab something to secure it better? Hmm
Old 08-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ryanpatrickgore
I am tempted to try this configuration as I want to go mid but have no saddles or shorties right now. Have you actually seen people run it this way? Maybe I can fab something to secure it better? Hmm
One of the guys at the track I race at said he did it before he got his shorties, but I really didn't think there was enough room. I'm glad I at least have the saddle pack option to fall back on.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Tech Regular

Hi All,

I am pretty sure this question has already an answer through all these pages. But just to let me know why just only one plastic nut for the Rear Inner Hinge Pin fits please? Part #TLR2046.

In the kit we have several degrees to used for the 22. But seems only one could support screws (the ones with no degree). All the others (2degrees, 3degrees, etc.) don't works. Holes in these plastic nuts are too large to fits screws. Please find attached the picture for better understandings

Would you mind explaining why please?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread-capture.png  
Old 08-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lynx75
Hi All,

I am pretty sure this question has already an answer through all these pages. But just to let me know why just only one plastic nut for the Rear Inner Hinge Pin fits please? Part #TLR2046.

In the kit we have several degrees to used for the 22. But seems only one could support screws (the ones with no degree). All the others (2degrees, 3degrees, etc.) don't works. Holes in these plastic nuts are too large to fits screws. Please find attached the picture for better understandings

Would you mind explaining why please?

Thanks.
The other inserts are to be used with mid motor where the screws go through this part. For rear motor you just need this one that the screws thread into.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Interesting....

So I have these....
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=25224
They are 4200 40C Nano Tech stick packs.

And they fit great!

I just tried my 5300 30c Gens Ace
http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-30c-53...-hardcase.html
And its like trying to shove an octagonal peg into a round hole.

You can make it fit but there is much swearing, bleeding and generally everyone is unhappy when its over.

Is that just the way it is, or can you slide that battery holder/block back further?

I have a Standard Size Bluebird Servro and a Spektrum 3100RX on its side.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.