Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 01:09 AM
Eli
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blingy
I run on a small to med size indoor track that has a little clay my set up is this fr,55 27.5 red springs 3mm limiting middle top and bottom 25 and 5 c/l is in 1 w/2mm and none on caster block alum bulk head and brass kick shim, short batt w/ alum batt brace all the way forward rr, 55 25 unscrewed 3 turns mid on top out on arm white springs 1d w/2 mm under both ball studs trans raised 1 mm and for tires ive tried pink bk rr pink taper fr and pink tapers all around and green jcons barcodes v1 and v2 rips and barcodes on fr it seems no matter what tire combo i run it drives the same it has more rear traction than all of the rest of my friends 22's thanks for the help . and no bladders
Well when i tried the raised trans mod i noticed the car pushed on power more and i used to run on a very similar surface before my local track got a higher clay content. I would either remove the 1mm spacers or use .5mm spacers. For the front trans mount you will want to use the aluminum spacers otherwise the plastic ones will deform when tightened down.
Does your car do everything else ok? How much rear toe? Anti-squat? Does your car jump fairly level or does it take a method to jump level or easily done? and any weight added?
Old 04-04-2012, 04:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ya my car does everything else ok ,i have 3* rear toe and ill try taking the shims out thnx
Old 04-04-2012, 07:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Now I am obviously assuming you are running emulsion style (no bladder) for both setups.

Ok now I'm intrigued. Would you please elaborate on this procedure and the pros and cons of it??
Old 04-04-2012, 09:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slyts6
Ok now I'm intrigued. Would you please elaborate on this procedure and the pros and cons of it??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWBAKC-c1s4
Old 04-04-2012, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

or also, Evans tips shows the bladders cut as well here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwtIRndovDI
Old 04-04-2012, 09:27 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Elumsion (no bladder) has been prefered on the offroad side as it tends to make the car land better off jumps and handle the rough stuff a little better. We are finding the bladders are a little soft on the 22 shocks and as a result on hard landings the bladder gives and lets the oil move as a slug up a little in the shock which takes away some of the pack in the early stages of the shock. In onroad since you don't typically see the high impact loads on the shocks the bladder shocks work really well as they can be made to be very consistant with no air in the shocks and the bladder compensation. We are finding in the 10th scale shocks they tend to work better emulsion style for offroad due to the improved landing characteristics and better bump handling.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:51 AM
Eli
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Elumsion (no bladder) has been prefered on the offroad side as it tends to make the car land better off jumps and handle the rough stuff a little better. We are finding the bladders are a little soft on the 22 shocks and as a result on hard landings the bladder gives and lets the oil move as a slug up a little in the shock which takes away some of the pack in the early stages of the shock. In onroad since you don't typically see the high impact loads on the shocks the bladder shocks work really well as they can be made to be very consistant with no air in the shocks and the bladder compensation. We are finding in the 10th scale shocks they tend to work better emulsion style for offroad due to the improved landing characteristics and better bump handling.
Wow, thats the best explanation i've heard so far. Long ago i ditched the bladders and was very impressed with how the car felt around the track, seemed more stuck to the surface as well as landed better.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

thank you very much for sharing this info to me! Once I get my 22 running I will definitely be trying this shock setup after the bladder setup..

does anyone use the emulsion setup on short course trucks? I was wondering if this would help handling on SC's too?
Old 04-04-2012, 03:53 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

thank you very much for sharing this info to me! Once I get my 22 running I will definitely be trying this shock setup after the bladder setup..

does anyone use the emulsion setup on short course trucks? I was wondering if this would help handling on SC's too?
The XXX-SCT only has emulsion shocks. They do not have a bladder XXX style shock.

We have been running elmusion style with the SCTE for a while now. The alum upgrade shock caps come with a bleeder hole like on the 22 alum shock caps now.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

22 action shot !!

Old 04-04-2012, 05:21 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jason Pelletier
22 action shot !!
What track is that at?
Old 04-04-2012, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 380 (99%+)

Can someone give me the length of the front threaded kingpins. I just bought a set and they seem really long.

Never mind, I don't know what I was thinking. I was trying to put them in the arm instead of the kingpin.

Last edited by jonski; 04-04-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tripthreat
What track is that at?
It's the one Mazzara just helped build in Long Island. Island Raceway Hobbies.

Some fast cats run there too
Old 04-04-2012, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

jonski, hope you got the kinpins and not the rear outer hingepins.
Last time someone around here told me they got long "kingpins" they in fact were the rear hinge pins, not the kingpins.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by twigman08
I am looking to try a gear diff right now for the time being just to try one out. What oil would be best to start with? Looking to have it setup properly in the race track conditions. Track is usually watered heavily and locked down fast by the time 2WD Buggy gets on the track.

I've been reading 2k a lot, but thought I'd ask. Thanks.
Glad to see more people trying the gear diff. Came on here when it first came out and was blasted for running one. Try filling it with AE black grease. Doesn't have the leakage of the oils and runs very consistent. Forgot how long I've had it in there. I want to open it up and take a look but I want to run it a bit longer and see hom the grease holds up. Currently running indoor clay. I've played with 1K fluid, 80wt shock oil, 60wt shock oil, and the AE grease. Also ran all weights with complete diff and with 2 gears removed for more steering. I prefer all gears with the black grease. I pushed with the 1K sor I decided to start going lighter. Everyone seems to be running 2-3K on here so maybe I'll give that a shot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.