Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TEKIN RS VS LRP SXX V2 What's your VOTE! >

TEKIN RS VS LRP SXX V2 What's your VOTE!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TEKIN RS VS LRP SXX V2 What's your VOTE!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 10:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dgee
I don't honestly know how you could compare LRP to a Tekin out of the box... The Tekin is no where as smooth as the LRP.

The Tekin takes some serious work on the laptop to be as smooth as the LRP.

I've owned both... I'm curious as to how many people that ride the Tekin train have actually owned an LRP esc...
I've owned lrp for the last couple of years and ran 4wd mod to stock class,once I updated my esc to the new 212 software it's butter smooth,I run boost but no turbo.I set my esc up to randys setting and been playing with it in front of my house and it feels just like my v2 lrp I just had.I personally like my esc to be set up so I can just roll the power on and that's what it does perfectly,trust me it's just as smooth as my lrp.
Old 11-26-2010, 12:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just placed a amain order, but not the Tekin or LRP yet but I did ask him what he likes and he said he uses Tekin and stated he has never had a problem with it...
Old 12-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

Any more thoughts?
Old 12-07-2010, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

This is for 8.5T Tekin or Lrp system??? in a B4.1 ft
Old 12-07-2010, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Tekin vs LRP

I have had both and just recently ran both with the same car and motor. There is a difference but with the 212 program in the Tekin its much closer. The LRP like everyone has talked about it smooth from the slightest touch of the trigger where as the Tekin is not there yet. IMO. The tekin can be played with to get things better but you do need the lap top and the hot wire but once you get a good set up on the ESC you dont need to mess with it unless you change something on the car. I ran my 13.5 in my buggy with the RS and went to 8 different tracks and only changed the ESC setting one time which after that I never touched it.

Its not that hard like everyone is saying. The feel between the two is different but if you are running mod I would say the LRP but if your running any spec go with the Tekin RS.

I current run Mod motors now and dont want to change ESC's and now that I am used to the Tekins they are not that bad at all. Just personal preferance.

Just buy one and test it for yourself. you cant go wrong and you will never know until the esc is in your car and on the track.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default lrp sxx v2 vs RS pro

I am looking into getting an SXX v2... I was wondering what you guys would suggest for stock class... I run a 17.5 with no timing or boost... Will it be just as fast as my RS pro with no boost or timing? Any other problems I should know about? Is the sxx ss a different esc all together? I would appreciate any input...

thanks
Old 12-08-2010, 05:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

In my opinion,

Both are fantastic systems. You can't and won't go wrong with either.

I like LRP myself. The Vector series motors are fantastic. I personally just ordered one for my T4.

The ESC's are pretty equal. The Tekin has the ability to be programmed on a computer, but the SXX is just as good.

When it comes down to it, it's your pick.

Old 12-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
No brainer... Tekin RS.
What he said.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default ESC

Anyone want to trade a used RS PRO with 212 in it for a SXX V2 ?
Old 12-08-2010, 08:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Buy Tekin or buy twice!

I bought Tekin! And I bought TWICE! Two of them! damnit! lol
Old 12-08-2010, 08:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
Pretty sure you will be able to leave your laptops at home in the near future with the Android technology available. We will be programing via blue tooth and our Android phones.

Speed Passion will be releasing A1 soon and I would imaging the others will follow.
I sure hope the hell the happens Soon!
Old 12-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey guys to mix it up alittle,were does the speed passion 2 fall into place compared to these speedos??

I run lrp in most of my cars and had the tekin rs in my 4whl ss and hated it,i ran into alot of elect problems that i didnt have with my lrp,so i sold it and think i might try the speed passion,my buddy runs them and loves them,says there very smooth but with more bottom..
Old 12-08-2010, 08:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default lrp vs Tekin

I am going to buy a new speed control either the RS pro or the LRP sxx v2... could anyone telll me if there is any difference if Im running 17.5 with no timing or boost... and is there any ESC that might be better for stock "no timing" racing...

Also what 17.5 motors work good with the LRP

thanks
Old 12-08-2010, 11:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BISBEE 248
Hey guys to mix it up alittle,were does the speed passion 2 fall into place compared to these speedos??

I run lrp in most of my cars and had the tekin rs in my 4whl ss and hated it,i ran into alot of elect problems that i didnt have with my lrp,so i sold it and think i might try the speed passion,my buddy runs them and loves them,says there very smooth but with more bottom..
I personally don't think the speed passion esc's are in the same class as the LRP or the Tekin.

Originally Posted by jjohnson555
I am going to buy a new speed control either the RS pro or the LRP sxx v2... could anyone telll me if there is any difference if Im running 17.5 with no timing or boost... and is there any ESC that might be better for stock "no timing" racing...

Also what 17.5 motors work good with the LRP

thanks
With no timing and boost the LRP stock spec is definitely a smoother and faster esc than the Tekin. We've tested them back to back and side by side.

The best stock combo is the LRP Stock Spec esc paired with the Orion 2010 (grey can) motors.

I'm now running the LRP Orion setups in all my cars and hands down this setup can't be beat. I've bought and tried just about everything out there. You definitely can't go wrong with this combo, smooth as a baby's ass, tons of torque and amazing top end power as well.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default lrp vs tekin

Originally Posted by Dgee
I personally don't think the speed passion esc's are in the same class as the LRP or the Tekin.

With no timing and boost the LRP stock spec is definitely a smoother and faster esc than the Tekin. We've tested them back to back and side by side.

The best stock combo is the LRP Stock Spec esc paired with the Orion 2010 (grey can) motors.

I'm now running the LRP Orion setups in all my cars and hands down this setup can't be beat. I've bought and tried just about everything out there. You definitely can't go wrong with this combo, smooth as a baby's ass, tons of torque and amazing top end power as well.
would you be able to give me some part #'s... thanks for your feedback ..this helps allot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.