Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TEKIN RS VS LRP SXX V2 What's your VOTE! >

TEKIN RS VS LRP SXX V2 What's your VOTE!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TEKIN RS VS LRP SXX V2 What's your VOTE!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jjohnson555
would you be able to give me some part #'s... thanks for your feedback ..this helps allot
me too
Old 12-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Here you go...

LRP 80910 Stock Spec

http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...pl?pn=LRP80910

Orion Motor

http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...pl?pn=ORN28216
Old 12-09-2010, 07:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default lrp vs tekin

Thanks Dgee.... that helps... is the SPX SS any different...better or worse?
Old 12-09-2010, 08:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

No problem... I don't think the SPX is on the ROAR approved list for stock racing. There's a list somewhere around here that tells all of the ESC's that are approved for stock class racing.

It only really matters if your track is being strict about the new ROAR timing rules or if you planning on racing a ROAR sanctioned race.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Anymore opinions?
Old 12-17-2010, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

i say tekin, ive seen way too many lrps go up in smoke at my local track. i only own tekins butt i ahve driven a few cars belonging to friends that run lrp stuff and their smooth butt i still think the tekin is the way to go as far as adjustability and power.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

Being LRP is so smooth wouldn't that be better on less than optimal traction surface?
Old 12-18-2010, 11:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Smooth is fast... fast is smooth.

Nobody will ever be able to argue that.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

I see LRP released the USB link for FREE updates like the Tekin
Old 12-20-2010, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)
Default LRP SPX Stock Spec

I'm just wondering about this ESC. it came with my truck in a trade. i have been using it in my Blitz ESE in Super Stock class with a Novak Pro SS Superstock motor. It's easy enough to adjust, and as far as i can tell very smooth. No adustable timing though. (But adjustable power profiles?) My question is: anybody ever used this ESC before? How does it compare to newer LRPs and tekins? Thanks

(I plan on using it with my New Murfdogg Synergy 13.5 motor)

http://www.lrp.cc/en/products/electr...egler/details/

Costs $200 here: http://cgi.ebay.com/LRP-SPX-Competit...item1e603c3bf4
Old 06-08-2011, 12:35 PM
Tech Adept

Default My Vote Goes to LRP

I have run a Tekin for the last 6 months with fantastic results but I only went to Tekin because of LRP's older StockSpec esc just couldn't keep up.

Now I have switched Back to LRP to the new Stock Spec V2 I have to say that LRP won me back. It's is smooth punch is amazing and it keeps on pulling hard like the Tekin.

I know how to set a Tekin up quite well as most people I know run one and I know lots of Team drivers here in the UK. Funnily lots of those team guys don't run Tekin.

But I have to be honest here. Put a person, who drives very good and has a Tekin, behind an LRP or SpeedPassion (aka: HobbyWing) I can almost guarantee you that they will like it better. I am one of those people. For months I was told to change my speed controller. I am glad I waited, cause the Stock Spec V2 arrived.

I don't know what else to say but see if you can have a go with someone's car that has a Version 2 LRP.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

VIPER!!!

I would have said LRP however I just sent back my 2nd SXX Comp V.2. I did like the simplicity of the ESC. I think its crazy that you need a laptop to properly program a Tekin. The LRP can easily be programmed by pressing a few buttons. Unfortunately, I have had the same problem with 2 LRPs. No matter what I did, the ESC would start giving me a motor thermal error. I spoke with Aldo at Associated about it and he told me that it is a "know problem". My motor was only temping out at 125-130 degrees. I replaced sensor cables and even motors. Nothing I did would fix this problem. I just bought a Viper. I haven't tried it at the track but the programming card is what sold me on it. Its not as simple to program as the LRP but its much easier than carrying around a laptop like the Tekin. Many guys are using at my local track and they tell me it is just as smooth as an LRP. Guess I will have to wait to Friday to find out! Just my .02.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Muggydude
I'm just wondering about this ESC. it came with my truck in a trade. i have been using it in my Blitz ESE in Super Stock class with a Novak Pro SS Superstock motor. It's easy enough to adjust, and as far as i can tell very smooth. No adustable timing though. (But adjustable power profiles?) My question is: anybody ever used this ESC before? How does it compare to newer LRPs and tekins? Thanks

pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e603c 3bf4[/url]
I run this speed control in my Associated B44 with a 6.5 motor. I run everything on profile 1. I use to run it in a touring car with a 13.5 Novak SS Pro. I ran feel on 4 and timing on 6&7. Worked like a charm.

I totally forgot that the speedcontrol in my b44 was this one. Happy I remembered now as I cannot put timing on a 6.5!
Old 06-08-2011, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i have both..the tekin 8.5 combo in my t4 and the lrp 8.5 combo in my buggy..To me the LRP is smoother..i like how yu can udjust the tekin on a laptop but that could also be bad if you dont want to carry your laptop to the track...but the thing for me was tekins customer support..it cant be beat..but i have yet tried LRP's support so i have no way to compare as of now. I like the LRP for the performance and the Tekin for adjustability and service. All in all its all personal preferance.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Suspended

Tekin RS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.