Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree48Likes

Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 11:28 PM
Tech Initiate

well i never got down to finding the issue with my diffs, i say it might just be old and they stick a bit, but the truck runs good for bashing so i'm not too worried.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:30 PM
Tech Initiate

****just in case someone runs into this problem*********

i run a mamba max pro, castle 1410 3800kv 4pole motor on one, along with a hitec 985mg and spektrum set up.

i was getting really bad glitching after relocating the esc, anyways, i just moved the esc wires and servo wires away from the motor wires, and it fix the issue.

no need for a glitch buster or external bec.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:40 AM
Tech Initiate

i was running the buggy late at nite, really dark, just a few street lamps. i do have leds on my body. while running 3s(easily reaching over 35mph) i slammed on the break cause my front was pulling right too sharp, the buggy kartwheel on the asphalt, a good 20 feet. surprisingly, nothing broke, only the zip tie on the rear arm.

after that i went back in and fixed the toe setting on my front wheels. lol.

i also hit the curve hard, and my tt flipped over it with out breaking anything.

it sucks running at night, but its the only time that the road is clear for doing speed runs.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:50 AM
Tech Initiate

just a few pics with on road tires.

Last edited by Apocalypse2099; 07-08-2012 at 03:51 AM. Reason: pics
Old 07-08-2012, 08:52 AM
Tech Regular

I'm running with 5k 60k 2k diff oil.. so far so good. Anyone run with this config before?
The track I'm playing is loose dirt, small jump 1/10th scale.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Apocalypse2099
i was running the buggy late at nite, really dark, just a few street lamps. i do have leds on my body. while running 3s(easily reaching over 35mph) i slammed on the break cause my front was pulling right too sharp, the buggy kartwheel on the asphalt, a good 20 feet. surprisingly, nothing broke, only the zip tie on the rear arm.

after that i went back in and fixed the toe setting on my front wheels. lol.

i also hit the curve hard, and my tt flipped over it with out breaking anything.

it sucks running at night, but its the only time that the road is clear for doing speed runs.
I can't believe you hit something and or kartwheeled at over 35mph and nothing broke!?
Thats crazy! These truggies break at even the slightest hint of hitting something! I have every possible strengthening upgrade and even though I don't break as much as I used to (due to the stronger parts), it still is the most breakable car I own...

I am forever replacing broken parts on this thing. I don't mind working on the car as it's very easy to wrok on but the bloody amount of money that it soaks up on spares is ten fold my other cars. It doesn't help that my local hobby store (HH) is absolutley ridiculously expensive! Like 3-4 times the cost of buying online and paying freight!!!
Old 07-08-2012, 11:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by nightc
I'm running with 5k 60k 2k diff oil.. so far so good. Anyone run with this config before?
The track I'm playing is loose dirt, small jump 1/10th scale.
Hi mate.

I run with 5k, 7k and 2k oils in the diffs. I also have done alot of diff modifications which makes them alot smoother, lighter and less drag too. the surface I run on is indoor carpet though.
If anything, on dirt track, I would maybe lighten the oils 1 or 2 grades ands thats it. Just to give a bit more slip and better steering on the looser surface...

if you are happy with it, don't change it and just race it to get the hang of the thing. Thats my weakness i love to wrench on it more than race it

Cheers.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:31 PM
Tech Initiate

my most durable rc, is my 4x4 stampede. the 10 tts are ok, i dont really bash them hard. lol. just in accident, i hit stuff. the broken parts if i can fix them with zip ties and shoo goo i do so. one of my rear arms is that way now. also the rear bushing holders for the arms. they have cracked, one i modded an hpi part which is thicker aluminum and now i dont use bushings on that side, the other i just got a flat tool and drilled holes and its reinforcing the cracked bushing holder.

i hate buying parts and if i can fix them i do so, but i just keep fixing them till they are totally fubar. ofcourse i do have the spares for when that moment comes.

but most of the folks i know they replace stuff even when it doesnt need to.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:44 AM
Tech Regular

Hey mate,

I have the same weakness too

I'll try to hang on to this setting for now. Feels ok for me.

I'm trying to figure out what is the original factory setting like cause I think it comes out of the box pretty good.

Originally Posted by AUSSIEMIKE
Hi mate.

I run with 5k, 7k and 2k oils in the diffs. I also have done alot of diff modifications which makes them alot smoother, lighter and less drag too. the surface I run on is indoor carpet though.
If anything, on dirt track, I would maybe lighten the oils 1 or 2 grades ands thats it. Just to give a bit more slip and better steering on the looser surface...

if you are happy with it, don't change it and just race it to get the hang of the thing. Thats my weakness i love to wrench on it more than race it

Cheers.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 251 (100%+)

Just got one of these in a trade I was planning to build for bashing but the way it sounds might be to fragile for what I plan on using it for. What are the weak spots or known problems on the truggy other than the arms and knuckles?Thinking I May be better off selling it and picking up and stampede to mess with.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:19 PM
Tech Initiate

you will need,

aluminum top plate
aluminum rear hubs
aluminum front steering knuckles
aluminum chassis braces
rear cvds(use the front ones on the rear)

that's what i got on mine. but if you are a hardcore basher, this thing wont last you a pack. casual bashing nothing crazy, its awesome.

i use one as a basher and the other one has onroad tires for smooth driving.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

my turn to chime in. I agree for hard core bashing this truck would not work unless you can land right 90% of the time. For throwing it around a track, yard, or sandy area, go for it. WE hit may pipes on the track and it did just fine.
I went through a slew of front arms, knuckles, and top plates bashing in cooler weather. That was about it.
I think once i put the TBR bumpers on it, that helped a bunch. I wish i would have held on to it a little longer, shortly after i sold it some one came out with the alum knuckles.
Between the bumpers and the alum upgrades mentioned above it maybe a better truck. Keep in mind, most 8th scale Uggies get the same upgrades.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:49 PM
Tech Initiate

13/42 on 3s with a 1410 3800kv motor and mamba max pro esc.

the 3s is a venom.

ran 41mph. i could have gone faster but my steering was pulling hard to the right.

i need to work on that now.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Question for the group...

I just got a used Hyper 10TT and bolted in a new SCT/3800 combo. I'm using the stock 13 tooth pinion. When I run a 3S lipo, the truck will make a few passes up and down the street (at full throttle) and then quit. The steering continues to work but the ESC starts emitting a tone similar to when I turn it on. The truck wont move for several moments and then it will. Am I overheating the ESC? It seems like people are running this combo (3800/3S) without any issues. Any thoughts?
Old 07-14-2012, 05:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

i ran mine with the MMP ESC. Do you have a way to take temps? I had to make a fan for the SW ESC when i ran it on 2s in my Rustler.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.